Ques Merged... kinda

Not only are queues longer since the split, now you are more likely to keep getting grouped vs the same people playing the same comp you just ran into last match. Random bgs have become lopsided wargames with no class restrictions, hunter scum rejoice.

:NotLikeThis:

It's fine. Wrath classic is almost here and those BG's have been merged (both xp on + xp off) AND levelers gain experience inside the BG. I think retail 20-29 queues will be much longer once wrath releases.

I'm in a 18 min queue as horde right now lol

edit; popped after 22 mins (NA)

hows games working out?

Had maybe 2 good games out of the ones that popped today

NA Horde is full of braindead F2P's
NA Alliance still like hunters

29 rogues are scary

(I usually queue within the past 6 hours or so, maybe the horde twinks are just sleeping)

Had maybe 2 good games out of the ones that popped today

NA Horde is full of braindead F2P's
NA Alliance still like hunters

29 rogues are scary

(I usually queue within the past 6 hours or so, maybe the horde twinks are just sleeping)

would appreciate some 29 armory profiles to look at!

Well, name some names then. Because you seem like a day old and dont think you know any names.
Na, I’m good. It’s not my style to individually @ people like that - I’ve gotten enough random angsty aggro directed at me in this thread already. You’ve also shown yourself to be an asshole and I owe you nothing. Besides, it’s not like there’s debate that a number of long-time 20s farm levelers excessively. No need to name people to prove that. And no, not new. I’ve twinked low levels off and on since mid Wrath.

Na, I’m good. It’s not my style to individually @ people like that - I’ve gotten enough random angsty aggro directed at me in this thread already. You’ve also shown yourself to be an asshole and I owe you nothing. Besides, it’s not like there’s debate that a number of long-time 20s farm levelers excessively. No need to name people to prove that. And no, not new. I’ve twinked low levels off and on since mid Wrath.
LOL, doubles down on stupid and follows it up with being full of shit. Love it.

I get the change.

FTP twinks made the bracket unbearable for levelers.

That being said, I dont see why 19xp off doesnt become the new thing. Retail and ftp can play at same power levels basically.
[doublepost=1660970247,1660969878][/doublepost]
Besides, it’s not like there’s debate that a number of long-time 20s farm levelers excessively. No need to name people to prove that. And no, not new. I’ve twinked low levels off and on since mid Wrath.
I agree with you.

Having twinked since BC 20s became a bracket of trash players farming levelers. Build a twinks off ah queueing up the latest broken class and crapping on dudes leveling gear with slots missing.

Sludge fest bracket and nothing like twinking used to be.

I get the change.

That being said, I dont see why 19xp off doesnt become the new thing. Retail and ftp can play at same power levels basically.

IIRC, f2ps cannot join BGs if they turn off their xp gain. Only ppl with sub can turn off xp and join bgs. Someone to confirm if this still true in the latest patch?

I don't know why one would level their current 20's and "destroy" them. Super easy to level a new 29 on a different (paying :p) account. Maybe a Blizz number cruncher saw vets as an untapped revenue stream. We probably would add over a million dollars a year in subs, tokens, game services, and more hooks into higher level content to stay subbed.

TBH, I think pre-Dragonflight spells/talent additions for L29's makes more classes viable instead of the hunter stink fest it is today. I'd love to see @Supäcow with a full kit rather than the very limited L20 resto druid. I miss Lifebloom, Leather Specialization, Ysera's Gift, Ursol's Vortex, L25 talent choice, and Barkskin. A L29 mistweaver or resto shaman with an expanded kit makes for a fairer fight against a team of hunters. They also are missing a ton of their healing/survivabilty/utility stuck at L20.

A "Lovely" idea. Consider it done. Get at me when you figure out which level 29 Resto Druid is mine.

Last edited:
That should be easy just look for the one that does not heal.

That's hpally Glancealot as he rides around on his steed. :)

To be fair, as a twink healer healing non-twinks sometimes, it's not worth it to heal them if their dps is woeful and/or they have no situational awareness.

Wait, for real?

I thought they were just doing something for wrath classic where the queues aren't seperate with XpOFF also being in the same bgs as xpon

Sorry, i did but edited too late before someone could reply.

RIP 20 bracket essentially. A huge # of people play this because its a free to play version of WoW and its probably just going to not function at this point.

Who am I:
I played ALOT of RBGs. A couple of thousands. mostly EU. I have ~ 10 20s on each side. Geared in TBC Dungeon Gear with MoH Gems and Northrend Enchants.

My Experience from a Saturday Night:
- Played 3 Games Horde, 1 Game Alliance.
- Lost 2 Games Horde, 1 Game Alliance. Got Carried by a 29 that one victory.
- Pops were FAST on Horde ~ 2-5 mins <-> around 12 minutes on Alliance
- Im impressed by the Amount of "Twinks" and how little effort some ppl put into gearing them. (I thought Im lazy)
- Premades that were next to unbeatable with their 20s in the past got steamrolled by 29s and were chanceless.

Conclussion:
- Did I have fun? No! I had no Impact on the loss or Victory at all.
- Did I have an Impact in the past? I was no Gamechanger but I was within the tophealing position usually.
- Will I make a 29? ROFL! NO! Blizzard kills my fun and expects me to give them money for it... LOL! NO!

What I expect to happen:
- A lot of 29s are in the making. Didn't read all the usual suspects Names.
- The bracket will thin out. Not all casual Players have understood that they are now in a Twink only bracket and what that means.
- I expect the majority of people to get frustrated and leave. Theres ALOT of other Games out there.

BUT Blizzard made People give them Money for the Past ~17 Years, and other People might be ok with getting "deleted" in a few seconds while being chanceless. And the People that make 29s now will cheer very loud for the change . So Blizzard probably knows what they are doing. It just doesn't work for/with people like me (anymore).

Last edited:
Blizzard kills my fun and expects me to give them money for it...

Well.... the end goal of every trial is to get a subscription. Likely the more content they give the less money they get.

Not the brightest bulbs at Blizz, we've always known that. But maybe they're finally waking up and picking anew direction to take. 20 f2play trying out the game getting owned by geared 20 f2play isnt incentive to buy... getting wrecked by meh 29 in vendor gear actually is, for all it's worth. If they like it and want more power without the insane effort. (most kids do)

A lot like f2play used to be. Pay a sub to get access to "better".

IF -------> it's intentional in the first place.

Well.... the end goal of every trial is to get a subscription. Likely the more content they give the less money they get.

Not the brightest bulbs at Blizz, we've always known that. But maybe they're finally waking up and picking anew direction to take. 20 f2play trying out the game getting owned by geared 20 f2play isnt incentive to buy... getting wrecked by meh 29 in vendor gear actually is, for all it's worth. If they like it and want more power without the insane effort. (most kids do)

A lot like f2play used to be. Pay a sub to get access to "better".

IF -------> it's intentional in the first place.
Well the thing is if lvler gets owned by twink in bg its actually kinda good from "welcome to wow" point of view. Its a game where gear makes you stronger, if you ding to max lvl and instantly que bg you gonna have same exact experience as a leveler getting teabagged by twink, so if blizzard wanted to show ftp how the game works, this is exactly it. And geared vs geared still getting oneshots isn't something a max lvl won't experience aswell (for reference see monks 100-0 people in 2s with storm earth and fire+ bonedust brew and spinning crane kick)

Users who are viewing this thread