PvP Resilience was nerfed?

Pesky

Veteran
Patch 8.0.1 Hotfixes - August 6, 2018
  • The effectiveness of Resilience on low-level PvP gear has been greatly reduced.

What brackets do they count as low-level?

Can anybody test the difference?

The value shown through hidden stat scripts is the same as it was before this hotfix, maybe its not implemented yet?

What? Why would that change? They are reducing the effects of resillience not the effectiveness of a point of resillience.

What? Why would that change? They are reducing the effects of resillience not the effectiveness of a point of resillience.

They show you how much % pvp power/resil you actually have.

Also wasn't resil nerfed into the ground to be basically useless expacs ago?

Darn I was enjoying my full resillence set. Well I’m sure this will even out since a few classes saw 4% damage reductions across the board

Why wouldn't you run 5int/5power over say 6int though
[doublepost=1533677438,1533676399][/doublepost]Also, on-topic, I checked resi on EU servers today and it's still functioning the same way. I'll test again after realm resets tomorrow at some point.

i was surprized they even bother
They show you how much % pvp power/resil you actually have.

Also wasn't resil nerfed into the ground to be basically useless expacs ago?

in MOP players were given a base free resilience, in patch 5.3 blizzard nerfed PVP power to the point that you needed like 400 pvp power to do the same that like 245-265 did. on that same patch they nerfed what gems/gear resilience contributed over the base free resilience players already had. when this was done PVP gear was pretty much trash for level 90s in WPVP and PVP .....that was addressed around or after patch 5.4 when blizz upscaled PVP gear in PVP and WPVP and downscaled PVE gear in same, along with nerfing legendary cloak

in CATA resilience was nerfed back down from WOTLK buff (next line) and blizz doubled the +stats like for a warrior +1 str = 2str or 2ap, in 70 bracket, this blew thru resilience based PVP gear like candy. players kept usually PVP helm, shoulder, chest, gloves for 4pc bonuses and rest of gear was max socket PVE gear. this continued till legion when blizz had to disable bonuses due to exploits of level 100 players in raids. etc.

in WOTLK...talking no CATA...the 70-79 BG brackets was insanely rough on BC capped 70's players 75-79 would destroy a 70 with ease. remember HIT stat was in the game then too. around March of 2009, blizz did a hotfix that had basicly in it, the affects of resilience on players 70 and lower has been doubled. at this point 70's became viable in 70-79 bracket BGs, still had some issues with 78-79's. but overall got 70's back into playing. this also affected 60-69 pretty huge too, but not going to address that.
[doublepost=1533686322,1533686037][/doublepost]as for the resilience nerf....blizz has no clue, and clueless feed them info. PVP Power should have been addressed as well, cause even players at 110 are exploiting it.

blizz has many things at 110 that need addressing PVP balance wise, right now is the time to do it...rather than worry about fucking johnny hayseed having 52.7 resilience

i was surprized they even bother

in MOP players were given a base free resilience, in patch 5.3 blizzard nerfed PVP power to the point that you needed like 400 pvp power to do the same that like 245-265 did. on that same patch they nerfed what gems/gear resilience contributed over the base free resilience players already had. when this was done PVP gear was pretty much trash for level 90s in WPVP and PVP .....that was addressed around or after patch 5.4 when blizz upscaled PVP gear in PVP and WPVP and downscaled PVE gear in same, along with nerfing legendary cloak

in CATA resilience was nerfed back down from WOTLK buff (next line) and blizz doubled the +stats like for a warrior +1 str = 2str or 2ap, in 70 bracket, this blew thru resilience based PVP gear like candy. players kept usually PVP helm, shoulder, chest, gloves for 4pc bonuses and rest of gear was max socket PVE gear. this continued till legion when blizz had to disable bonuses due to exploits of level 100 players in raids. etc.

in WOTLK...talking no CATA...the 70-79 BG brackets was insanely rough on BC capped 70's players 75-79 would destroy a 70 with ease. remember HIT stat was in the game then too. around March of 2009, blizz did a hotfix that had basicly in it, the affects of resilience on players 70 and lower has been doubled. at this point 70's became viable in 70-79 bracket BGs, still had some issues with 78-79's. but overall got 70's back into playing. this also affected 60-69 pretty huge too, but not going to address that.
[doublepost=1533686322,1533686037][/doublepost]as for the resilience nerf....blizz has no clue, and clueless feed them info. PVP Power should have been addressed as well, cause even players at 110 are exploiting it.

blizz has many things at 110 that need addressing PVP balance wise, right now is the time to do it...rather than worry about fucking johnny hayseed having 52.7 resilience

I enjoyed this post immensly. It’s amazing how some of these changes I completely forgot about

PVP Power should have been addressed as well, cause even players at 110 are exploiting it.

lol my newly dinged 110 Bm hunter wearing full prideful got 2 k in 2's and 3's this preseason. lvl 90 gear verse people wearing mythic raid gear etc

Why wouldn't you run 5int/5power over say 6int though
[doublepost=1533677438,1533676399][/doublepost]Also, on-topic, I checked resi on EU servers today and it's still functioning the same way. I'll test again after realm resets tomorrow at some point.

I mainly play 19's, haven't touched 70's at all this pre patch. I simply came in this thread because pvp resil / power affects everyone, so I really only have 2 options on my agility users, pvp power or 3 agi + 7 armor. For casters it's just no contest. pvp power all the way.

Also, on-topic, I checked resi on EU servers today and it's still functioning the same way. I'll test again after realm resets tomorrow at some point.

Nerf is now active on live Servers.

Tested it with 50% resi. It gives only 10% dmg reduction in a duell was 50% before.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread