Purj's PTR Enchant Findings

Do leg chants work?

They do work. They scale down correctly, but on the PTR right now most enchants are bugged, not giving any benefits.

- 15 agi to gloves/wpn
- 9 stam bracer
- 4 stats to chest (is it also +3 on PTR?)
- 22 int to wpn

All of those enchants are Vanilla level enchants, they don't scale.

maybe someone can check +6, 8, 10 stats to chest ? there maybe some loop hole enchants that get left alone or scaled less. it appears that scaling on mid-expansion enchants (using mongoose as a example) may be better then jumping straight to top enchants which in some cases may not be a wise move

i find it ironic that +80 stats is scaled to +3, yet the old van-wow/BC +4 stats is still +4

can someone check if there is a difference between the leg armor everyone can apply and the LW leg armor, please?

maybe someone can check +6, 8, 10 stats to chest ? there maybe some loop hole enchants that get left alone or scaled less. it appears that scaling on mid-expansion enchants (using mongoose as a example) may be better then jumping straight to top enchants which in some cases may not be a wise move

i find it ironic that +80 stats is scaled to +3, yet the old van-wow/BC +4 stats is still +4

The scaling seems to be tethered to the level of your character in relation to the expansion it's currently playing through. All players below 60 will have BC+ enchants scaled down to one number. All players between 61-70 will have WOTLK enchants scaled down to another number. All players between 71-80 will have Cata+ enchants scaled down to another number. All players 81-85 will have MoP+ enchants scaled down to another number. All players level 86-90 will have no scaling.

Unless they change scaling to be more closely aligned with BoA scaling (to mach a specific level) then higher level enchants are going to be worse in most cases. Exceptions will be stuff like weapon enchants and enchants for slots that have nothing else better from vanilla (shoulders, legs, cloaks, offhands, ect). One of the other things we've noticed, is that older expansions seem to have better scaling than newer ones. IE, Mongoose gives 90 Agi and 22 haste for characters below 60 while Dancing Steel only gives 62 agi.

The reason why I think they won't make enchants scale per each level is because they are intended to provide a buff + customization to characters, and that sort of scaling would take the value out of 90% of enchants. I haven't had a chance to check CATA/WOTLK/BC level enchants yet, as the PTR was too buggy for me to go farming, but I will do that sometime this weekend and get a list of relevant numbers up.

can someone check if there is a difference between the leg armor everyone can apply and the LW leg armor, please?

Right now, any enhancement that is provided for the person with the profession, requires the character who is using it to have 550 level in that profession. Example would be cloak embroidery requiring you to have 550 tailoring to use it. Same goes with the master's spell thread (the one that can be crafted for the user's legs only). Any enhancement that can be put on the AH or used on other players still have a level requirement to apply them (60/70/80/85), but can be used on BoAs and then sent to a low level character.

Just keep in mind that right now all item enhancements are bugged, most of them are not actually giving benefit on the PTR. Some, like minor run speed, + all stats, and the proc enchants for weapons are working right.

How does a rogue crit 1500 ambushes when you must first proc your enchant.
Talents
  • Nightstalker now increases damage dealt by abilities while stealthed by 50%, up from 25%.

Maaaaaybe it's getting GFd and we are all superelite cookiecuttermonsters with OP 1337 enchants! (1 more stat on chest :p)

It's weird. According to Willyshatner, the BC enchants scale better (currently) than WOTLK, CATA, and MOP enchants.

Chest:
MoP
Glorious Stats – All stats by 3.

Cata
Peerless Stats – All stats by 3.
Mighty Stats – All stats by 2.

Wotlk
Powerful Stats – All stats by 4.
Super Stats – All stats by 3.

BC
Exceptional Stats – All stats by 4.

Rogues and Hunters being unstoppable again.. a newer version of what we saw in Vanilla and BC perhaps? I like what I'm hearing about the scaling though. Means that we won't have to change as much as we thought. With the higher level enchants having a more variety than what were use to, I like that it will be scaled down more. If you want to build to a certain route new in 5.4 for 19s then you'll have a lower scaling. However, the amount of PVP Power that can be added with these enchants is going to be fun to see. And no doubt rogues with mongoose... oh man. Going to have to break out the old BC rogue again and update him just to see this.

Enchantment Scaling Guide – Your Key to 5.4 Enchanting changes! | Twinking.net

It's weird. According to Willyshatner, the BC enchants scale better (currently) than WOTLK, CATA, and MOP enchants.

It just depends. I've made a list of enchants that stand out, and there are enchants from each era that are going to be BiS.

Power Torrent - 75 int proc (better than Jade Spirit)
Windwalk - 90 dodge + 15% run speed on proc?
Elemental Force - 112 damage (super fiery weapon FTW)
Black Magic - 94 Haste proc FTW
Executioner - Jesus 90 crit proc
Mongoose - The old standby 90 agility 22 haste
Crusader - 100 str proc tried and true
Major Stam bracer - 15 stam no joke
Expertise bracer - 8 expertise (get dodged less!)
Agility Bracer - Finally! 8 agi.
Exceptional health - 112 health better than 100.
Exceptional Mana - 188 mana to chest will equal 940 extra mana for healers/casters (never oom?) If you have an old head libram with 150 mana, that's going to give you another 750. An extra 1690 mana seems ridiculously broken.

Enchantment Scaling Guide – Your Key to 5.4 Enchanting changes! | Twinking.net

It just depends. I've made a list of enchants that stand out, and there are enchants from each era that are going to be BiS.

Power Torrent - 75 int proc (better than Jade Spirit)
Windwalk - 90 dodge + 15% run speed on proc?
Elemental Force - 112 damage (super fiery weapon FTW)
Black Magic - 94 Haste proc FTW
Executioner - Jesus 90 crit proc
Mongoose - The old standby 90 agility 22 haste
Crusader - 100 str proc tried and true
Major Stam bracer - 15 stam no joke
Expertise bracer - 8 expertise (get dodged less!)
Agility Bracer - Finally! 8 agi.
Exceptional health - 112 health better than 100.
Exceptional Mana - 188 mana to chest will equal 940 extra mana for healers/casters (never oom?) If you have an old head libram with 150 mana, that's going to give you another 750. An extra 1690 mana seems ridiculously broken.
I think this is quite possitive, imagine people not stading in the 100% same gear with 100% same enchants, I can imagine Enhancement Shamans getting rolled with double Elemental force aswell as fury warriors with Executioner/Crusader and rogues choosing between 9 expertise 15 stam and 8 agi and ofc spellcasters choosing 22 int vs 30 sp vs 90 haste proc vs 75 int proc and warrior FCs taking windwalk to become anti rogues with 50% dodge??? and a slight run speed! Indeed this will be kindof overpowered (maybe) but alot of new perspectives of gearing and enchanting has entered the 19 twink world!

Tailoring specific shoulder enchants wont work? Like the better ones?

If it requires you to have tailoring to use it, then it will require high level tailoring, which low level characters won't be able to get.

Users who are viewing this thread