EU+US Profesions at lvl 1 on Beta

Man twinking is death, and as soon as people realise it we can move on. Like with all the changes that happens each xpac and patch. In the end we would just be target dummies. Im not bashing on people still playing twinks and shit. But i feel like people should move on from level 1s. yes i am myself a big level 1 supporter and been one for quite a long time. But sorry to say i think it is about time that we move on. Just what i think. Level 1s used to be fun way back. But it is hard to get new people to make a lvl 1, as the current state aint really that good for level 1s. So the level 1s we have now, are people who been lvl 1 for some time now. I just feel like level 1 will never be active again on any region/server/faction whatsoever. Since the fun is gone. This may come as negative to some people, but im just saying my iopinion. And tbh BFA looks shit for lvl 1s if you ask me. Also no1 should get their hopes on about anything level 1 related or twink related before we hit live. I saw alot of people some time back get hyped for patch 7.3.5 cause of scaling. What did we get? NOTHING. So you guys can make these posts to inform people. But i just feel like no1 should get their hopes up, before we hit live.

Im out

I am Dukon and i approve this messasge.

Man twinking is death, and as soon as people realise it we can move on. Like with all the changes that happens each xpac and patch. In the end we would just be target dummies. Im not bashing on people still playing twinks and shit. But i feel like people should move on from level 1s. yes i am myself a big level 1 supporter and been one for quite a long time. But sorry to say i think it is about time that we move on. Just what i think. Level 1s used to be fun way back. But it is hard to get new people to make a lvl 1, as the current state aint really that good for level 1s. So the level 1s we have now, are people who been lvl 1 for some time now. I just feel like level 1 will never be active again on any region/server/faction whatsoever. Since the fun is gone. This may come as negative to some people, but im just saying my iopinion. And tbh BFA looks shit for lvl 1s if you ask me. Also no1 should get their hopes on about anything level 1 related or twink related before we hit live. I saw alot of people some time back get hyped for patch 7.3.5 cause of scaling. What did we get? NOTHING. So you guys can make these posts to inform people. But i just feel like no1 should get their hopes up, before we hit live.

Im out

I'll play LoTs cos is my favourite thing in my favourite game ever. I can still get fun with 1s trying to obtain everything I can

But, yeah, we are very dead, we can't pve like before, we cant pvp with nobody (neither against other lvls 1 here in 7.3.5, you only need to wait for Elec). Only achievements, but meh, with the cross-characters ach and titles... It's not like in wotlk

In my realm (dun modr, Spain) we was like 12 LoTs in wotlk-cata. Now, I'm the only one in the guild, i spent hours and hours trying to bring ppl here, but it's useless... ppl can't get at least the AGMs and don't want to waste time for a useless twink

We got nerfed with enchants changes
We got nerfed with buffs changes
We got nerfed with looms changes
We got nerfed with stat changes
We got nerfed with proffesions changes
We got nerfed with drop/loot changes...

And in BFA, we'll not be able to learn any profession...

I repeat, I'll play with my 1s, forever, i love it, i love it so much, but i know that is something dead

PS: sorry for my english of Tarzan

Im out

i agree and disagree with some of your points. Yes, level 1 twinking is pretty much dead atm. and yes, level 1 twinking will never be like it was back in the days. game mechanics change, and ofc we got some big nerfs. but people always bring up the nerfs and never mention the improvements. alot depends on personal preferences. for example: if someone enjoyed lvl 1 twinking back then only because he could gank higher levels with 70% dodge (good times :D ) then yes, he most likely wouldn't enjoy playing it nowadays ^^ pvp/stat nerfs are huge. but when it comes to PvE, we indeed got massive improvements with the recent 7.3.5 zone scaling mixed with features from earlier expansions. most people just don't know about, since they don't play lvl 1 twinking anymore. i still hear people saying "you cant hit anything" or "lvl 1s cant kill anything above lvl 10" etc.. which is actually not true. me and twun were able to kill lvl 20 rare mobs in meele fights. hit-chance is similar to wotlk, you will sometimes miss, and they will parry/dodge. and now we got lvl 15-25 elite mobs which scale with each player attacking. that means, you got hitable mobs with unique abilities which require specific tactics, timing of consumables, and different gear builds, to kill at level 1.

and that's exactly what keeps me interested in level 1 twinking. i enjoyed level 1 twinking back in the days, and i do enjoy level 1 twinking nowadays, even if it's completely different. being restricted to 1 spell with 100% stat and RNG based gameplay is an hell of a challenge, since u cant "outplay" the mob or spam heals, you gotta focus on other stuff to get your advantages. that's what makes the gameplay unique, and that's the point of level 1 twinking to me. some people wouldn't enjoy it, some people would. it's just a way of messing around in this game :p it always was.

now for example: what made wotlk lvl 1 twinking that good? ofc we had 2-3 more spells and we could stack our stats in a fun and "broken" way.. but the main thing that caught peoples interests was the existing activity. it had a specific amount of popularity back then which kept the activity. pretty much started in tbc with just ganking/dueling, later when we could lock xp people more and more started raiding at lvl 1 to experience low level content at max difficulty.
with later expansions and nerfs the activity died.

now let's say, if all of a sudden a few people would start doing something, raiding stuff or some pvp events, just messing around in this game and having fun and keep going. then ofc new players and old players would most likely join. the best example is the event we had in 2017.. didn't took long and there were lvl 1s poping up til we were around 17 players :p we didn't even know some of them.. they just saw us in goldshire and logged on their old lvl 1s. we didn't do much tho, since we didn't rly know what we can do.
people just don't know wtf they can do these days. ^^

the bracket isn't in it's worst state (content-wise) and a few unnecessary professions or missing AGM's wouldn't prevent people joining some well organized events.

we found some great stuff tho. i got a list of raid/dungeon-like locations and killable elite mobs aside.. some of them got abilities like Mind Controll, Lifestealing, Stuns, all sorts of stuff :p and will req 5-10 (+) level 1s to kill. and some maps with great potential for custom PvP events. will be published sometime during BfA. needs some testing and gotta see how the squish affects all the stuff.

not saying all this brings activity back ;) it can give some level 1 veterans a bit of fun and may bring some new peoples interest.

BfA doesn't look that bad tho ^^
new enchants, consumables and the coming stat squish :p there's always potential for positive results. will see ;).

Lvl 1 will always be a fun break from the main game, but there will never ever be an active scene for it again.
It's disappointing to see Blizzard throw away potential like this, but they're doing it in endgame content too. Overall WoW is a mess in my eyes. Can't wait for Classic. With no concept of "Grandfathered", anything that's doable is doable forever, thus a twinking scene will grow and last.

Without XP off it'll be a rough transition, but at least we'll be free again. Stay chipper lads.

It may be asking for a lot, but can you compare the loot tables on the live servers to the Beta? I'd like to know if anything is being added/removed prior.

So a reminder to all current Lvl 1's to max out all your professions now.
All Professions are becoming GF for new lvl 1's in BfA.
Since there not much to test profession wise on lvl 1's my next thread will be a gear scaling and GF gear.
If we have Cooking / First Aid already, will we be able to learn new recipes / recipes we don't have?

Wait so if we level up our cooking / eng will we still be able to use em in bfa

No eng aviable at lvl 1 :/

But i guess that we'll be able to use it if you have, there's a few LoTs with eng from Cata

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread