Premades and Realid/battletag

That's the advantage of having multiple captains.

Sooo after talking to my right hand man Fort for a bit about the bracket I came up with an idea for captains. I haven't actually talked to any of these people so I have no idea if they even want to and they are just suggestions at this moment. Wanted to find people who had good knowledge of the bracket and could act as representatives for some of the major guilds.

Horde
-Pizza: I know everyone hates him but he is 19s. From his posts in this thread it seems he shares my vision for this and will do what's needed to make it work.
-Painaid: 19 hero and respected by all. Will stand up to Pizza the villain if needed.
-Drugs: LSFTW seems like one of the most active guilds in the bracket so having their GM seems good. Fort vouched for him (maybe is kozi? idk)

Alliance:
-Kitn: GM of the top alliance guild, Fort supports.
-Sneaky: Fort's suggestion. Lethal Synergy seems like one of the more active alliance guilds and he's extremely active on these forums. Seems like a good rep for those outside of the big guilds.
-Tombradymonk: I didn't have any other good ideas for the 3rd spot. Outside of Train Cow I haven't really seen any major organized alliance guilds and I didn't want to give two captain spots to one guild. Maybe there's a Meat Puppet person who would be good for this spot.

Again I haven't actually talked to any of these people, just throwing out ideas.

think u need to include slyddur on the leader list.. probably the best leader among leaders in this bracket

think u need to include slyddur on the leader list.. probably the best leader among leaders in this bracket

First draft was him, painaid, and pizza but I wasn't sure if slyddur was completely goonie free yet and thought LSFTW should have a rep.

If you're going to draft you should divide the player pool into players with premade experience and without while setting a limit on how many you can bring of each. Say that you split it 5 and 5. The team captain will obviously be experienced so he'll have 4 picks from the experienced pool and 5 from the non. It should give players with little to no experience in a premading environment a better chance of a spot than a traditional draft.

Alternatively you could have 2 guilds from each faction bring 3 players each and dedicate the last 4 spots to lesser known/experienced players. Some guild cycling may be needed on Horde, but that shouldn't be too big of a deal.

The numbers aren't set in stone, but with proper rotation these methods should strike a balance between people who known their way around and those who are looking to learn while still giving everyone a chance to play and maintaining competitiveness.

EDIT: and no I'm not associated with PH/WT anymore tom.

Last edited by a moderator:
should mix guilds in teams effectively, lik 2 train cow and 2 WT on each team or w/e

That's the advantage of having multiple captains.

Sooo after talking to my right hand man Fort for a bit about the bracket I came up with an idea for captains. I haven't actually talked to any of these people so I have no idea if they even want to and they are just suggestions at this moment. Wanted to find people who had good knowledge of the bracket and could act as representatives for some of the major guilds.

Horde
-Pizza: I know everyone hates him but he is 19s. From his posts in this thread it seems he shares my vision for this and will do what's needed to make it work.
-Painaid: 19 hero and respected by all. Will stand up to Pizza the villain if needed.
-Drugs: LSFTW seems like one of the most active guilds in the bracket so having their GM seems good. Fort vouched for him (maybe is kozi? idk)

Alliance:
-Kitn: GM of the top alliance guild, Fort supports.
-Sneaky: Fort's suggestion. Lethal Synergy seems like one of the more active alliance guilds and he's extremely active on these forums. Seems like a good rep for those outside of the big guilds.
-Tombradymonk: I didn't have any other good ideas for the 3rd spot. Outside of Train Cow I haven't really seen any major organized alliance guilds and I didn't want to give two captain spots to one guild. Maybe there's a Meat Puppet person who would be good for this spot.

Again I haven't actually talked to any of these people, just throwing out ideas.

That post makes me so proud.

Lets make this happen on Sunday!

Where will these drafts take place? In game? or in vent?

If you're going to draft you should divide the player pool into players with premade experience and without while setting a limit on how many you can bring of each. Say that you split it 5 and 5. The team captain will obviously be experienced so he'll have 4 picks from the experienced pool and 5 from the non. It should give players with little to no experience in a premading environment a better chance of a spot than a traditional draft.

Alternatively you could have 2 guilds from each faction bring 3 players each and dedicate the last 4 spots to lesser known/experienced players. Some guild cycling may be needed on Horde, but that shouldn't be too big of a deal.

The numbers aren't set in stone, but with proper rotation these methods should strike a balance between people who known their way around and those who are looking to learn while still giving everyone a chance to play and maintaining competitiveness.

EDIT: and no I'm not associated with PH/WT anymore tom.

sureeeeeee, prolly just in deep undercover

And I think your idea, or something like it, is good I'm just hesitant to label people. For me the worst thing that can happen is something that causes drama which in turn causes people to not want to play again. Maybe I'm being overly cautious by wanting to avoid rating and putting players into tiers but I just don't want to fuck it up.

Approximate teams should be assigned tomorrow. It would be neat if maybe 2 horde and 2 alliance teams can get organized, with at least one person on BH in each team, allowing a round robin tournament to happen. Then, come game day, subs can fill in for whoever does not show.

We don't even need a draft, as long as the teams are designed with the motive of balancing class composition and 19s experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Approximate teams should be assigned tomorrow. It would be neat if maybe 2 horde and 2 alliance teams can get organized, with at least one person on BH in each team, allowing a round robin tournament to happen. Then, come game day, subs can fill in for whoever does not show.

We don't even need a draft, as long as the teams are designed with the motive of balancing class composition and 19s experience.

Idk about this sunday, but in the future I really like this idea assuming you can do same faction vs faction with wargames and we get 40+ people

Idk about this sunday, but in the future I really like this idea assuming you can do same faction vs faction with wargames and we get 40+ people

Yea, you can do same faction wargame WSG's. Would be pretty sweet to have 4 teams, allowing you to face 3 different teams in a row.

If we're going to plan this for Sundays permanently, I'm not going to be able to make it as I work every Sunday. We should try Friday or Saturday, anyone else agree that those are good days?

Sunday is an awful day. All the oceanic people have work or school as it's a mon for us.Should be either on sat or fri.

Users who are viewing this thread