Priest

Warlock

Warrior

D

Shaman

Mage

Druid

Priest

I thought this was the stadard premade? Priests to dispel each other/maximize dispels.. Warrior to force the shift to get the FC oom..Warlocks to DoT forcing the D priest and the mage to have to dispel.. Hunters with wclip and rogues for kick.. And if most of the O are bloof elfs.. then you have arcane torrent (SEXY!)

Warlock -> Shaman (O)

Shaman -> Pally (D)

If you really want to. I think we played shaman on O once, but we replaced the second O priest.. AI put a hunter on D though and it got annoying.

5/5 Used to work before debuff existed...maybe they just never adapted.. and with the right 5/5 you can make it work..It just elongates the game a lot.

Twinkytoes said:
I lol'd really hard irl.

Sometimes i wonder what people think about when they name their characters.

"hmmmm, if im good on this guy, everyone will know me as "tool"... and that rhymes with COOL SO THAT MEANS EVERYONE WILL LIKE ME!"

*clicks accept XD*

Grunge said:
Sometimes i wonder what people think about when they name their characters.

"hmmmm, if im good on this guy, everyone will know me as "tool"... and that rhymes with COOL SO THAT MEANS EVERYONE WILL LIKE ME!"

*clicks accept XD*

Clicked random name generator, first one that popped up

Grunge said:
D: Druid (armor/hp)

Mage(stats/haste)

Priest(holy/disc)

Hunter(Stats or Int)

O: Priest(disc)

Mage(stats/haste)

Lock(SP)/Shaman(resto/SP)

Rogue(AP, Blood Elf)

Hunter(Falcon AP set)

Warr(AP)

With a short D the druid must help out with CC, he cant just run else his presence is wasted. I dropped a hunter back to D because they need undispellable snares and at least 1 person who can make a kill.

Offence i opted for a disc priest, putting the bulk of their power in instant cast spells, decreased dispell chance and increased armor. The mage is for sheeps, lock for fears and dots. A shaman could be substituted in the lock slot, they have different strengths but both have good snares and good DPS. Rogue for saps, gouges, kicks, BE for extra interupt. Hunter in falcon gear, for max shots without sacrificing crits. Warr, for charge and GoHS.

Comments?

I'm confused. When you differentiate between "Holy" and "Disc" priests are you talking about their role or spec? Because as far as I know there really is only one spec most priests go with at 19 no matter if they are on O or D. If I'm wrong let me know, as an offensive priest I'm always interested in hearing alternative approaches.

What do people think of the effect Travel form will have? Having your FC move faster is crazy good and is a real pain. This isn't always a good idea though (obviously.) But what about for non-FCs? Shamans on O definitely gain relevance since they can't be melee-CC'd while in Ghost Wolf, and both Druids and Shamans on D should warrant consideration now that they can easily stay ahead.

crusade said:
I'm confused. When you differentiate between "Holy" and "Disc" priests are you talking about their role or spec? Because as far as I know there really is only one spec most priests go with at 19 no matter if they are on O or D. If I'm wrong let me know, as an offensive priest I'm always interested in hearing alternative approaches.

Disc spec is about being able to eat physical damage and buff players.

Disc priest runs a spec like http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#bVr (with a point in IIF or SR, whichever the player prefers) When i did it i used glyph of inner fire, and i had about as much armor as a twink warrior with a really bad shield.

You lose your nuke heal, but its no great loss. Your strength is your instants. Renew, bubble, dispel. It will definitly feel weird and gimpy not being holy, but i think you should give it a whirl.

Quara said:
What do people think of the effect Travel form will have? Having your FC move faster is crazy good and is a real pain. This isn't always a good idea though (obviously.) But what about for non-FCs? Shamans on O definitely gain relevance since they can't be melee-CC'd while in Ghost Wolf, and both Druids and Shamans on D should warrant consideration now that they can easily stay ahead.

I wonder about this, too.

4x Hunters

3x Shaman

2x Druid

1x Rogue

Team is based on speed (AotC, GW, Sprint and Travel).

Druid, Shaman, Rogue, 2x Hunter on the flag team. Druid, 2x Shaman, 2x Hunter on the return team. Shaman's are their for EB, Tremor, Interrupts, and Off-healing if the Druid gets focused. I like having one Rogue protecting the FC. They tend to be left alone more often when the other team is focusing on the FC and FC's healer.

With the 20 minute time limit, positioning and speed are going to be more important than ever.

Quara said:

It's gonna be crazy but here's how I think it will work. At the beginning of the battle druids, shammies, and hunters will speed ahead and get the flag. and make it back to the base ASAP. Both teams should do this and then it becomes your standard kiting D Fence. Mages or anyone with CC will be able to put incredible distance between the FC and the other teams offense.

Does anyone know how the debuff will effect the travel forms? This might bring everything back to a level playing field if noone gets a speed increase. If so wait till the double debuff then whoever caps first wins.

Side note for XP in bg's: the patch notes say that you get experience from completing objectives in the BG. But what objectives are they talking about, just caps and returns? or are there new objectives that could translate into the capped BG's?

kidneypopper said:
LOL

aslkfjaksjdf adding text cause LOL isnt post worthy

its funny you even say that considering iv premaded with disel and hes pretty much just awful rofl, same with tool.

I'm pretty sure half the kids posting in this thread don't understand how a premade works. They just wanna leave like 5 on defense in the flag room so the 5 they send out to get the flag gets destroyed by the 10 the other team sends to get the flag, cool.

im pretty sure half the kids in this thread havent had over 5 premades or any premades that lasted longer than 15 minutes(LOL)

Grabco said:
At the beginning of the battle druids, shammies, and hunters will speed ahead and get the flag. and make it back to the base ASAP.

I agree - seems like a 4 man FC team, 3 man defense and 3 man rotating field control is a good set up. Rotating field control is based on the idea one person rezzes and proceeds to flag room to replace a defender - the defender then hits the field. The idea is defense is often dull and everyone should have a little fun without sacrificing team efficiency.

Would be adjusted on opponents performance and the level of offensive incursions by the enemy team.

but on topic

defense:

mage

priest

priest

hunter

fc druid

offense:

rogue

warrior

hunter

shaman

priest

depending how good the opposing team is, throw the defense hunter on offense, at least until the debuff. a good priest/priest/mage can easily hold up until the debuff

2 mage d works well too, but hunter d is just as strong because of the stupid damage they do and undispelable snare, also having the option to run a good 4/6 is great also . 2 hunters on a mage is just rape edit: 2 hunters on anything is rape.

paladins have no room in wsg at 19

Having one, well played priest can change the tide of a game. I've seen it happy many times. They're the Quarterbacks of WSG.

Xäo said:
Having one, well played priest can change the tide of a game. I've seen it happy many times. They're the Quarterbacks of WSG.

Until a well-played Shammy Tremors their Scream, Purges their HoTs and Shield, and Shocks their big heal. If Priests are the QBs, Shaman are All-Pro defensive ends.

For those keeping count, Mages are the kickers. lolkickers.

vapor said:
I have 20,000 twink HKs on my 4 twinks, but still have never done a premade. I've been in an all-guild team of 10, but never against another team, never with any kind of strategy, and never on vent.

That sucks.

WSG said:
Until a well-played Shammy Tremors their Scream, Purges their HoTs and Shield, and Shocks their big heal. If Priests are the QBs, Shaman are All-Pro defensive ends.

For those keeping count, Mages are the kickers. lolkickers.

Very true there, A well played Shammy are very hard to overcome! I've faced many and there are good ones that are a pain, and there are bad ones that are just kinda funny.

Squeak

Mages are the kickers? ...I would say mages are the main part of the defense (sorry not big into football so um defensive line? I dont know =P Mages are the most important part of a D imo. If you dont have a mage.. you are pretty much screwed in most cases.

Users who are viewing this thread