Post nerf BiS?

Zombie Mochi

Veteran
Word on the street is that Wraith Scythe is getting nerfed. Though I haven't seen an official link/post regarding this (post one if you have it!), I thought it would make for a good discussion to toss around some different options for replacements. In doing some research for a Frost DK, I had found:

While we are talking about potentially nerfed items, we might as well take a moment to brainstorm some Ramstein replacements. Here are a few I found:

Fist of the damned is exactly like wraith scythe.

edit- post nerf too.

I can check dragon's call if you like.

edit2- yep, dragon's call nerfed as well. Does 60 per spit on practice dummy, used to be like 260+ for my FDK.

Last edited:
It only really changed for enh and monks, I think. Maybe a little for everyone else? But only drastically for those 2.

Dragon's call was kinda just more fun IMO, still can be... just less damage. None of them really proc that much, tbh, just hit really hard when they did. At least for monk, I never tried enh before they nerfed it. Still scales with vers too, I think.

I did half of my Island Expeditions leveling with dual Dragon's Call, and even Black Temple TWing with them. :(

I personally use Goblin Rocket Launcher on my rogue and can say the stun has been useful maybe three times. It has a casting time and caster knock-back. Other then stats its only use is interrupting a player running away so your team can catch up.

Better stats then so i recommend using one over x2 Sonic Booster.

Except no AoE. It scales with vers just like rams though.

True, but its total dmg is usually higher because the dot can proc hidden satyr if you run that enchant on your neck.

So yeah blizzard used to award long-term customers, now it is the other way around xD probably they are more focused on acquiring new customers than retaining, or perhaps it is just a co-incidence they didn't think about.

Dragons call is still good, idk what u ppl are talking about, 1-4 dragons on pretty much every fight + dragons proc trinkets and weapon enchants. Would never use scythe over them on my rogue

So I tested some duels against a char on my other acc. 2 procs on average (215 ish dmg noncrit) on Scythe with much less uptime on enchants and less procs from Heart of Wyrm.

2 dragons on average doing 4-5 attacks each (240 ish dmg no crits)

the whole thing about dragons following you and keeping you in combat is more of a thing to adoting your playstyle to it

But the scythe is burst, that heals you for the full amount. So its faster kills, and 4-8% of your health per proc. Not a flying dot that can LoS. If dragons procs near the end of the fight, its does no damage... but scythe does. And heals for all of it.

Like you said, its all about playstyle. I'm not set on either, but it's clear that dragons call was better before the nerf than it is now.

The point is deciding what you're after, I guess. I just started gearing a rogue, so I don't know how it was, but the scythe nerf did almost nothing to the item for rogues. Dragons call nerf was hefty.

edit- Dragon's Call is way more "fun" IMO, and it's a shame it got gutted in that respect. Scythe also is getting nerfed again? I think? I'll have to check that, but that will matter a lot too. (looks like a 30% nerf to scythe on the PTR)

Last edited:
idk if you guys noticed but wraith scythe does not heal no more

Boom.

That's devastating to that weapon then. Can confirm, does not heal on the PTR. Is it same on live as well?

edit- Just checked live and Fist of the damned doesn't heal on proc either. Thanks, didn't notice.

Last edited:
So I tested some duels against a char on my other acc. 2 procs on average (215 ish dmg noncrit) on Scythe with much less uptime on enchants and less procs from Heart of Wyrm.

2 dragons on average doing 4-5 attacks each (240 ish dmg no crits)

So DC isn't getting hit? It's certainly not overly strong in PvP

DC summoned dragons' casts hit for 50-60 each now, same on the PTR. Depends on your versatility.

he's adding all the casts up to get 240 damage in that quote.

Honestly, the way theyre going i'd not be surprised if quest rewards become no-contest BiS.

Last edited:
Firebreather is starting to look like the best 1 hander IMO. Dependable burst damage, with a pretty strong dot. Im gonna test it out tomorrow on live/PTR

Boom.

That's devastating to that weapon then. Can confirm, does not heal on the PTR. Is it same on live as well?

edit- Just checked live and Fist of the damned doesn't heal on proc either. Thanks, didn't notice.
does not heal on live. Neither do

Users who are viewing this thread