Please stop Qing Warrior/Healer in 2s

I'm from the same era of [MENTION=24731]MYT[/MENTION] (That 2's team he's talking about :p). Really quick history, because I do think Nasti is not getting the respect he deserves. This isn't just some random old guy popping out of the woodworks who once was terrible. This is the co-GM of arguably the best US twink guild of all time (Make Your Time, wish Pwndepot was up so you newer twinks could go search them). No guild inspired hate like MYT did (I'm sure Pizza, and/or Atax if he still plays, can back me up on this one) because they did everything they could to win and they did win. So if he's washed up now, as I'm sure most of us would be after a long, long break (or if he's not, I don't know, I don't care) at least give him the benefit of the doubt when he's talking about back then. They really were that good. Think WT except everyone played 19s still.

Now [MENTION=17093]Healsatin[/MENTION], I do want to answer why I think some of us transplant players from other times can come in to the bracket and do well, or better, then currently long-term players. [MENTION=19918]Skeezin[/MENTION], I'd love some backup in terms of just saying I'm not talking shit here, and it's not my style - I can back up what I say. Anyhow, I came back on my mage Icjyr for a little bit, regeared, went Arcane etc. When I did start again, everyone told me to go Frost; Arcane wasn't good, you're just not going to compete. Fair, but I'm a stubborn idiot so fuck it, I stayed arcane. What followed was interesting. I did well. Really well even. Now a lot of this is attributed to Horde just being better at the time with healers (meaning I could sit in mid and not spend the whole game running/kiting) but I went 9-0, 7-0, 8-1 etc respectively and I would generally be on the top end of damage.

I talked with @HB about it a little and I came to an interesting conclusion. I think in every "era" there are players who are really, really good. Think of your Pizza's, Beau's, Obliviate's, Atax's - those guys who everyone knows is just on another level. It's not that they hit their "5 buttons" better - they just make less mistakes. They make those crazy plays you weren't thinking about, they're in the right place, when you have 10 HP left, they seem to be the person with the clutch heal that saves you, the clutch sheep that frees you or the kick at the right time.

Those players are going to be the best in any era. Why? Because they adapt. They don't play to a mentality, they don't believe in metas. Yes, the other 19 players in the BG might be sitting in mid hitting each other because that's what you do. But these players are the ones trying to sneak a hit on your EFC when you're not expecting it, the ones trying to slow your team in the tunnel so their FC gets the flag that much faster, the ones pushing way up more than they should because landing that one CS might turn the tide. What they are not, are the players competing to stand behind each other to multi-DoT or cast as much as they can so they can prove they do the most damage.

That's the difference. And I understand that. Most of you are new to WoW (new in the sense that you've only seen the one or two metas). You don't remember when RBGs first came out and every guild had an RBG team that had a different strategy. You didn't see rogue FCs, Enh FCs, Kiting vs Defending vs Mid vs Assault First and all of those crazy strategies. And that's okay. But you have to understand that WoW is not a single sourced game. It's dynamic. You have to adapt. You have to change.

The reason I did well on an arcane mage (and I do think that I have at least a little something to do with all of these other mages now being arcane) was simply as I told [MENTION=19918]Skeezin[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3652]Nicozy[/MENTION] was because I pushed. That's why I got mad at your guild when I quit 19s a few weeks ago in that 9 man team. SPECIFIC ANSWER tailored JUST for you [MENTION=17093]Healsatin[/MENTION] - you guys don't push forward. Time and time again I was the most advanced in positioning as an arcane mage (not advanced in the skill-sense but rather the literal position sense, I was standing the most forward). Why? Because I noticed their healers were close enough that I could CC them (they weren't used to being CC'd since hunters stopped having them), but also because everyone thought so little of arcane mages that they just let me free cast massive damage into them. (see 2 pre-conceived notions that gave me a huge advantage and gave long term players a hindrance). Most of these games I literally stood to the right side of the rocks in the middle and arcane blasted while alternating sheeps on healers. Nothing special. I'll be the first to admit it. Anyone who figured out that they could stand there could have done what I did, and hell I know some of you could do better.

The difference? You didn't. No one else positioned there. No one on the Alliance team thought "Hey, maybe we should move a bit so we're not getting casted on through rocks." Please. Please. I'm begging you. Pretend one time when you play WSG that you aren't going to do what you usually do. Don't go healing your friend or the Godmode player that you know is good. Don't not heal (BARB) someone because you don't know who they are. Don't position in the same place you always do because that's what you and your 7 guildies do every game. Change it up. Adapt. Do something different.

It'll be a more fun game, you'll find you're much, much better at it AND you'll stop judging how you did via a damage done sheet because you'll accept FOR YOURSELF that no matter what anyone else did, you contributed to your team.

PS: You'll find you're at the top of the damage meters doing that anyhow.

TL;DR: I write too much :( - Don't do what the All-Stars in the bracket are doing. They understand why they do what they do because they put in the work and the struggle figuring it out. If you just copy their talents, their glyphs, their playstyle, you've only learned half the battle - what to do but not why you do it. When you face someone who does something even moderately different, you won't be able to adapt whereas that player you copied will. IE: Messi, Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan, Andre Agassi, JK Rowling (or whatever you consider to be your passion with it's respective hero) - all had different steps in their lives that contributed to their greatness. Messi was short, so he learned to be quick and agile, poor, so he learned how to juggle to support his family. Tiger Woods grew up with his Mom's Asian discipline so he learned how to work 24/7 to get better. Jordan's childhood contributed to his "never losing" persona and so on. You could in theory, spend all your time mimic'ing them. You could learn Tiger Wood's swing, you could learn how Messi hits the football, how Jordan arcs his hands just so for a swish or how JK Rowling puts words together so they sing. You could learn all of this, but you would never be as good.

In WSG, copying what WT does, or HB, or whoever you think is good might teach you the meta, but it doesn't teach you WHY the meta is so good or WHY this specific meta works. It doesn't allow for creativity. And like the previous examples, you will never be as good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Epic post. Much <3 Icyjr :) You're now forgiven for you and pwntage sending Crum(Og) and I into a conniption fit over our epic undefeated streak ending. ;)

if someone doesn't believe in metas and won't contribute to a mid fight, how have they adapted to the current model of wsg gulch we play. If anything this shows their inability to adapt to new playstyles. One example involves nastimyt literally yelling at everyone to get out of mid when both fc's were literally in mid having a mid fight. Idk about the rest of you but to me that seems like an inability to adapt to current playstyles.
How am i a priest supposed to lead a push (pretty sure i was playing my priest that game), that would literally be terrible positioning I can't remember the comp of that game, but i'm pretty damn sure no one else had any cc besides maybe concussive shot meaning that the rest of the team LITERALLY couldn't do what you wanted them to because they don't have cc at lvl 19. Being in range of the healers to dmg or dot them does no one any good when there's a mage or lock on your team you should know that.

Pm me your Skype well have a chat later if you really want to know. Warriors are not scary. Last rend tick only hurts if your behind or you let the warrior reconnect.

I'm just saying warriors are in a better spot than any other class at 19 for arenas, and my major complaint about warriors is the slow since i can't guise to get away and my teammate can never connect with their healer but i almost always play rogue priest and warrior priest is nearly impossible to beat with that comp. I guess you're right that 1v1 warriors aren't too out of hand, but their slow just destroys any kill opportunity we ever get.

Can we stop with the Nasti caricatures at some point? I have no idea what situation you're talking about but there is absolutely no way that both teams and FCs were in middle and I yelled at everyone to get out of the middle. I'm sure it was a lot more nuanced than that. I'm not doubting your recollection of the event being shared as you remember it - just that your recollection isn't an accurate reflection of what really happened. Perception becomes reality in cases like this, and caricatures become self fulfilling prophecies.

I mean don't get me wrong - I really don't care what ppl in this bracket think about me as I intend to demonstrate results that speak for themselves.

Can we stop with the Nasti caricatures at some point? I have no idea what situation you're talking about but there is absolutely no way that both teams and FCs were in middle and I yelled at everyone to get out of the middle. I'm sure it was a lot more nuanced than that. I'm not doubting your recollection of the event being shared as you remember it - just that your recollection isn't an accurate reflection of what really happened. Perception becomes reality in cases like this, and caricatures become self fulfilling prophecies.

I mean don't get me wrong - I really don't care what ppl in this bracket think about me as I intend to demonstrate results that speak for themselves.

whatever dude, if you won't admit your mistakes, so be it. you literally told our entire group to get out of mid when their fc was not in their base then ignored everyone who told you that was not a good idea in our current wsg environment in a game where the fcs did not break off to create o and d. Your inability to adapt to the overwhelming majority of the bracket's notion of a mid fight is only harming the rest of your team. If you refuse to help in mid as a healer you are pretty much assuring your team will wipe seeing as the rest of the bracket fights in the initial mid clash. You refuse to play wsg the way everyone else does and will not give any insight as to why, You're gimping your team, i just hope you realize it one day

The problem with MYT is he thinks he is one of the best players when he is just a once-upon-a-timer. His ego is super inflated because he played during a time in which the pace of damage was significantly lower. It's hard for delusional people like him to recognize the only reason he has success in 2v2 is because he:

A) Plays with a good Warrior
B) Is BiS with AGM and full stam set

There are priests who are FAR better than him in 2s. I spit on him all the time, but Jetlife is one of the better 2v2 players I've seen. MYT goes around talking shit because he is actually just delusional...

...or just trolling, but who knows.

LoL, you actually used the "he has success because BiS" argument. LMAO

You realize that's the same argument that non-twinks use when facing twinks, right?

If you're really this new to twinking, you should probably sit back and observe a bit, maybe work on getting yourself BiS before having the audacity to complain because somebody else is BiS.

Any credibility you could have possibly had as a twink is thrown out the window with the statement " the only reason he has success in 2v2 is because he: Is BiS with AGM and full stam set" lmao

That wasn't the point tho idiot. The point is that his class and comp is forgiving enough that all he needs to do is lob on the AGM with 3k HP and he is unkillable for ANY 2 dps comp.

I played a game against Myt in which there was a 10 second period where he didn't cast a single spell and his warrior had killed both me and my partner.

The only ACTUAL 2v2 games I've played this season were Mage/Priest mirrors. It's the one matchup where there is an ounce of skill involved.

That wasn't the point tho idiot. The point is that his class and comp is forgiving enough that all he needs to do is lob on the AGM with 3k HP and he is unkillable for ANY 2 dps comp.

I played a game against Myt in which there was a 10 second period where he didn't cast a single spell and his warrior had killed both me and my partner.

Ahh yes, Nasti the AGM tank.

This is possibly the most absurd post in a thread full of them. Beyond the absurdity of such an offensive minded person as me sitting and doing nothing for 10 seconds, let's take what you said at face value. I sat there for 10 seconds and did nothing and in that 10 seconds papa 1v2 killed you both? You freely admit this, and then imply I'm the bad player here?

Your record vs me is 0-20+. You're full of excuses but extremely short on results. You said you /spit on me. Well, swap the p for an h for what I do to you every time I see you.

I don't know why this MYT guy thinks he can just internet troll and get away with it. It's like hes asking to be thwarted.

warriors always been my main its hard not to que him :( but I usually take off gear as I win until I lose then slowly put some bck on and usually solo que but I run into heals every no and then

Users who are viewing this thread