Playing a CC Hunter - 5.0.4 - A Guide

To be fair, this was written just as the pre-patch came out, where DPS classes were absolutely, inarguably worthless. Given the time it was written, the gearing suggestions weren't that off-base.

Healing has been toned down (still not enough yet, but...), and the OP wasn't updated to reflect those changes.

It's all good!

I know, but it got bumped from a few pages deep, and It should be known that this is out of date. It wasn't even worth it before healing nerfs IMHO, but now it's just blatantly wrong.

To be fair, this was written just as the pre-patch came out, where DPS classes were absolutely, inarguably worthless. Given the time it was written, the gearing suggestions weren't that off-base.
I understand but people still using this or saying how good this guide is after the Holy shock nerf really is giving new people a bad idea about hunt gearing. When Shock was critting for 1.5k I could understand switching to this gear but as soon as that got nerfed anyone staying with the gear is really making a mistake

Edit: damn earl keeps saying basically the same thing I am like 5 minutes ahead of me >.<
can you link correct macros
#showtooltip
target=player
/cast roar of sacrafice
#showtooltip Roar of Sacrifice
/cast [@player] Roar of sacrifice

/cast [@mouseover] Roar of sacrifice

/cast [@focus] Roar of sacrifice

and you can use scatter + dismiss pet + call pet 2 + use pet2 CC = 2-3 sec CC of you target

I used to do this in cata with a wolf and cat for double offensive buffs but haven't much with MoP. I'd think you could use a wasp stun then quickly dismiss and call out a bat or something and use another stun to stop any casting in between for a good 5-6s of CC but any instant cast would make this pointless

I'm trying to find an addon that helps keep track of my Pet cooldowns. I've tried NeedToKnow, but it only tracks the cooldown of the pet that I have out, and NOT the one that is DISMISSED. I want an addon that will be able to track the dismissed Pet.

You could macro the stopwatch into your pets ability, like
Code:
/cast Bad Manner
/sw 60
/sw play

Though that would only track one :/

Last edited:
I'll be updating this guide later tonight when I get home.

Last edited by a moderator:
What would be the best race to be and best pet to have?

If it was answered in the previous pages, my apologies. Don't feel like reading them so feel free to point me to a page that answers these questions.

What would be the best race to be and best pet to have?

If it was answered in the previous pages, my apologies. Don't feel like reading them so feel free to point me to a page that answers these questions.

Tauren = extra stun
Ork = BM boost + increased AP buff
Belf = extra interrupt
troll = frenzy

play what you like, all of them are viable imo. there aren't too many ud hunter's tho except veinte so that's definitely an eye-catch.

Realy nice guide, allthough would'nt vigorous belt of the monkey (6sta/6agi/65armor) be better than chamoo's belt? you'll lose 1 sta but gain 23 armor and 6 agility

Not saying I disagree with you but he did say "the only stat you want right now is Stamina.".

@ Thirk/IAT - enjoy your marriage man! it's one of the best things in life.

Not saying I disagree with you but he did say "the only stat you want right now is Stamina.".

This guide was also written for 5.0.4, and since then there have been many many changes that make this guide outdated. I would no longer say that Stamina is the only stat you want right now.

Pretty hard to beat a BM hunter with full interrupts on a ele shaman. Welll, if I managed to survive the stun lock then the hunter will die.

Users who are viewing this thread