Playing a CC Hunter - 5.0.4 - A Guide

NIce guide, I imagine it is a bit different at 19 where most are speccing MM and able to get 600-700 crits as well as have a lot of CC.

I've gone BM and found it to be really fun (narrow escape / spider / intimidation / scatter shot / conc shot = catch me if you can). It's all about timing imho...

The one button arcane shot rotation is awesome >.<.

I think that was wishful thinking of all the warriors *waves at Fran*. Bliz has traditionally always shown a lot of love to hunters; I expect their dmg to be buffed significantly before final mop (just a personal opinion).

I got a smile when i critted for 520 with Shield Slam but then i saw the heals and kinda died inside....And the rage generation is kinda ass...

Great guide
But ...I think that bats are the best pet with (Sonic Blast Sonic Blast - Spell - World of Warcraft) its essentially a ranged arcane torrent or a aoe intimidation i love rolling with a bat on my Belf hunter it enables you to have a 4 second group silence so your dps can burn the Efc with no one healing and its easily attainable as they are found all throughout the Ghostlands.
May just be me though

Man.... Great Guide... I love this guy...... ( Except the part with the Kale video)...

im currently rocking 2 sets. a dps set and a support.

damage (the pants are smelting)
aefe82398c579f595dbfa5fa61e572e1.png

support
857dcbe68d27f980c8d2aeb2c10fe356.png

also im probably going to stick with using a bat and a wasp. 2 stuns that can be damaged in and most importantly dont DR with anything (that i know of) for cc chains. also hunters get a new pet. the basilisk can be tamed in azshara mine and has a 3 second cyclone (stun that cant be damaged in). BUT it DRs with intimidation so i dont like it that much.

(was lazy and didnt end up posting this until now)

It actually makes me really glad to see you still playing your hunter, Felix.

Doesn't Sonic Blast share a DR with intimidation also though?
And how do you feel about moth silence in 5.04?

Ofcourse I'm still playing hunter! Actually, I just rerolled goblin hunter for the racial.

When I did a quick test looking at the DRs on the bat and and wasp I didn't notice any DR with intimidation or scatter especially compared to how much monkey stun and petrifying gaze (basilisk) DR'd. But I could of been mistaken as my ui addons aren't all working properly.
As for the moth silence I don't see it valued too highly since you can't interrupt holy shock (pal), rejuv (druid), and bubble (priest).

Actually MM hunters aren't that bad in this bracket. I hit for around 400-500 with my aimed shots.
That's cool and all but what good player would let you free cast for 3 seconds at a time?

Ofcourse I'm still playing hunter! Actually, I just rerolled goblin hunter for the racial.

When I did a quick test looking at the DRs on the bat and and wasp I didn't notice any DR with intimidation or scatter especially compared to how much monkey stun and petrifying gaze (basilisk) DR'd. But I could of been mistaken as my ui addons aren't all working properly.
As for the moth silence I don't see it valued too highly since you can't interrupt holy shock (pal), rejuv (druid), and bubble (priest).

Hey! Was wondering if the petrifying gaze was exactly like cyclone (immunity to damage AND heal, and no dispellable) or if it wasn't. If it's exactly like cyclone it would be pretty awesome in arena for set up kills even in a 1 min cd...

Got out of the private server "twinking" scene and returning to F2P. Decided to roll a Hunter since I like support and my neighbour is rolling Priest.

So, I thank you very much for this guide. I do have a few questions though.

Assuming in arenas, is the stamina stacking really a good idea? If they ignore you and instead go for our Warrior or Priest, or anyone to the least, wouldn't it be a waste in a way? The only reason I sit it not being a waste is that even balancing both Agility and Stamina the Agility still wouldn't impact much.

That's cool and all but what good player would let you free cast for 3 seconds at a time?

Actually, yeah, I get off aimed shots all the time, a little too frequently actually. But I ended up switching to a Beast Mastery Crit/Agility set and got my hard hit cap done. I'm a truck now, I can usually keep paladins stationary healing and if they do start moving I'll just Scatter/Intimidate and by the time they can function they're stationary healing again, to buy some time to get a group together for a take down. I can also solo every class except for Balance Druids and Holy Paladins using this build. 25% crit gives me relatively steady/high dps. I've seen kill command hit frequently in the 400-500 range which is around what a warrior's slam does.

MM is really good now that shock isn't super OP

my max crit so far is a 848 on a lvl 24 hpal

Users who are viewing this thread