Patch 5.2 reloaded (20-24)

Those warlock buffs....YES

I can't wait to see all those mages and warlocks running around.... >:3

Be sure to check out all the Warlock buffs, Oh my God O.O
Those warlock buffs....YES

I can't wait to see all those mages and warlocks running around.... >:3
Unstable Affliction will crit for 4k if dispelled.

Dead game.

I think you guys may be slightly overestimating the buffs :p

They are very, very welcome but we will definitely not be critting for 4k nor would we be considered an op class (ideally, we can finally be considered balanced if things go in as is)

Mind you, we're still only looking at 200 conflagrates (400 crit) and 150/300 shadowbolts. Demo will look much more appealing after this patch though. I am most excited to see what Soul Fire looks like after the patch. I would love to put it back in my regular rotations!

bout time balance got a buff and finally a furry nurf . now maybe we wont see 8 billion fotm furry warriors running around >.<

Holy crap, I literally think that blizzard is purposely trying to balance OUR BRACKET.

24s no longer will have a Hit rating advantage over us in 5.2
The DPS classes that needed a buff are finally getting a buff.
In order to compensate for those DMG Buffs, they slightly improve our healers(and in this case, shaman's survival).

if this all got released tomorrow....I'd be starstruck q_q

Holy crap, I literally think that blizzard is purposely trying to balance OUR BRACKET.

24s no longer will have a Hit rating advantage over us in 5.2
The DPS classes that needed a buff are finally getting a buff.
In order to compensate for those DMG Buffs, they slightly improve our healers(and in this case, shaman's survival).

if this all got released tomorrow....I'd be starstruck q_q

Wishful thinking. It is just a coincidence that so many of these end game balance changes are for spells in our bracket.

I do agree there are definitely a lot of welcome changes coming in 5.2, and hopefully the base stat scaling works as advertised, but never forget, "While we [blizzard] allow trials to play indefinitely, it's not a 'supported' style of play."

Hunter
Dismiss pet now has a cast time of 3 seconds (was 2 seconds).

motherfucker

Aimed Shot cast time has been been reduced to 2.5 seconds, down from 2.9 seconds. - useless
Aimed Shot damage +10%. - useless
Steady Shot damage +20%. - crap
Explosive Shot damage +15%. - useless

thanks blizz. I totally feel more inclined to play my hunter class.

do warriors get overpower? or don't they? i'm puzzled

Hey Annegret, didnt you just started a priest on aggramar EU?:confused:

Right now it seems to be a little nerf for arms warrior.

They get slam buffed but 25% nerf for execute is huge. Yesterday i got a 1,2k execute on a 24 rogue. He was dead after this. But 25% less means 900. I would have lost 300 dmg.
As long as overpower is not in the ptr build i will stay with a nerf for arms warriors.
Def idk cause i dont like that playstyle in bgs.
Fury seems to stay very poor.

Cheers
Secco

Last edited by a moderator:
"Only usable on enemies that have less than 20% health." Now tell me which targets in our bracket have more than 500 health at 20%? Also how many times do you get enough rage at the right time to execute anyone? It's completely irrelevant that execute will deal 25% less damage. My warrior will still be able to kill any unshielded/non-tank target with execute.

There is no "nerf" here for Arms, because some of the excess damage from execute goes into Slam. Slam is an ability which is much more frequently used by warriors, so Arms warriors actually benefit from these changes.

Ok. I chose a wrong example with crit numbers. My bad.

For me, its still a nerf: Lets get the example above but normal numbers, not crit. This would have been a 600dmg non-crit. With 25% less dmg it's a 450dmg non-crit. 450x5 => 2250 health. Not an unusual healthpool for a 24 rogue. And there is definately a difference to hit this guy @ 20% health with 600dmg or 450dmg.
But nvm, when 5.2 hits with scaling changes nobody know how that will work in real bg's.

And i dont have big problems with rage @ execute

Cheers
Gattuso

5.2 "Divine Aegis now causes critical heals to apply an absorb shield on the target for 100% of the amount healed instead of healing for twice as much. In addition, it grants Power Word: Shield a chance equal to the Priest's critical chance for the shield to absorb twice as much damage."

Divine Aegis - Spell - World of Warcraft

This will considerably affect F2P's... I'm interested to see what you guys think about this....

5.2 "Divine Aegis now causes critical heals to apply an absorb shield on the target for 100% of the amount healed instead of healing for twice as much. In addition, it grants Power Word: Shield a chance equal to the Priest's critical chance for the shield to absorb twice as much damage."

Divine Aegis - Spell - World of Warcraft

This will considerably affect F2P's... I'm interested to see what you guys think about this....

I think I've seen one level 24 disc priest in the past few months. I doubt the rest of them are going to spec out of shadow because of this buff, although it would be a good thing if some of them did. Shadow at 24 is unquestionably the most overpowered spec in this bracket and that isn't going to change in 5.2. At least disc can't melt you in a couple globals.

I think I've seen one level 24 disc priest in the past few months. I doubt the rest of them are going to spec out of shadow because of this buff, although it would be a good thing if some of them did. Shadow at 24 is unquestionably the most overpowered spec in this bracket and that isn't going to change in 5.2. At least disc can't melt you in a couple globals.

Hmm, no one is talking about respecs. Every 24 spriest which exists today didn't roll as holy/disc and switch spec in MoP... They started from scratch because that's what fotm rerollers do. We will see a sudden surge in disc 24s when the farmer scum catch on.

I'm sure a disc won't melt you in a global either, but the shielded spriest certainly will.

Hunter
Dismiss pet now has a cast time of 3 seconds (was 2 seconds).

motherfucker

Aimed Shot cast time has been been reduced to 2.5 seconds, down from 2.9 seconds. - useless
Aimed Shot damage +10%. - useless
Steady Shot damage +20%. - crap
Explosive Shot damage +15%. - useless

thanks blizz. I totally feel more inclined to play my hunter class.

do you know how OP hunters are at higher lvls? be thankful it's not a nerf. and trust me, it'll come.

90% of 24s that play healers do so to carry the flag, not to keep their team alive... Even most of the ones that do queue to heal are pretty much just pocket healers.

You won't see too many new 24 disc priests because they'll just be awful, as opposed to awful & deadly.

Users who are viewing this thread