PTR Our own Shadowlands Alpha Q&A

Seems a little strange they will give 10’s a lot more PvE options, but are taking away PvP bg’s. If 10’s can get into all the X-Pacs surely we should have access to more bg’s. Fingers crossed they give us more bg’s.

Al those new dungeons with scaled loot is really going to open up options... hopefully?!
I poked around on the alpha site and it looks like we might be misunderstanding this a bit.

Vanilla dungeons *start* at level 7. But we still dont get any more than we currently have and in fact, I think we're going to lose the ability to even walk into gnomer like we currently can.

Also BFA dungeons are listed as starting at 10 (ad we can do a bunch of them!) but every other expacs dungeons and starting zones are listed as like, level 24.

Now this might be because of how the alpha is set up. But it seems super weird right now.

Not gonna lie, if these talent prunes remain this way and especially if they limit us to level 10, it's looking kinda shitty.

Seems like we're getting *more* spells. They're just a bit more balanced. Like, Arcane Mages no longer have to just spam Arcane Missiles in 20s just to win.

Seems like we're getting *more* spells. They're just a bit more balanced. Like, Arcane Mages no longer have to just spam Arcane Missiles in 20s just to win.

Just looking over some of the screenshots quickly, I see stuff like:

Holy Paladin - Beacon of Light
Affliction Warlock - Unstable Affliction
Balance Druid - Star Surge
Fire Mage - Pyroblast (12)
Marksman Hunter - Concussive Shot

All abilities I would consider really spec defining abilities and if we're capped at 10, we won't have access to.

Reactions: KPI

All abilities I would consider really spec defining abilities and if we're capped at 10, we won't have access to.

I would argue the reintroduction of holy charges and word of glory is more spec defining than losing beacon of light for holy paladins

I would argue the reintroduction of holy charges and word of glory is more spec defining than losing beacon of light for holy paladins

Beacon was around before that stuff, but it's just one example out of many.

Restoration Druids lose Swiftmend..
Survival Hunter gets completely gutted..

Beacon was around before that stuff, but it's just one example out of many.

Restoration Druids lose Swiftmend..
Survival Hunter gets completely gutted..

Edit I'm dumb beacon was in wrath (only xpac I never played) my bad!

As long as wog is an instant and not that trash casting time we had in wod was it? That was tragic. Holy paladin is gonna be fun!

Last edited:
Reactions: KPI
Wasnt beacon introduced in mop at max level and much later for lower levels?
Holy charges and word of glory have been around much much longer my dude.

Beacon was first introduced in Wrath as a top tier talent, not sure when exactly it transitioned to lower levels as a spell. Regardless, it's utility I would miss, along with plenty of other abilities across the board.

My big hope at this point is that the vet/f2p level restriction gets bumped up to 20 in Shadowlands, even if it means re-gearing everything again.

Rehearing again would make me super sad. Cause it's just more farming for same gear u alrdy got in some cases (boe epics).

Level 19 twinks at this point shud just bite the bullet and jump onto the lvl 20 train

What level can a hunter learn tame pet?
the comment from the alpha tester says level 5.

Malochai <Rabid Bunnies>
1194 posts
120 Blood Elf Death Knight 6785
1h
139860681-avatar.jpg
Lvltenchar:
How the class you leveled feel? Did you get abilities at a decent pace or were some things given to you way too late?

I think the abilities showed up pretty well. It seams not too much kicks in until level ten, but then when you get your talents at level 15 it feels nicely spaced.

I went with a hunter because they level quickly, and actually enjoyed getting to tame my first pet at level 5.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/lower-leveling-feels-disjointed/494264/2

My big hope at this point is that the vet/f2p level restriction gets bumped up to 20 in Shadowlands, even if it means re-gearing everything again.
they aren’t gonna give away a third of the game for free, man.

I know you’re bummed about losing some spells but playing at low level has always meant dealing with incomplete tool kits, weird spell balance, and odd gear. It’s part of the fun.

look at the bright side. Healers in general seem to be eating shit, which is better for bracket balance. Mages lose missiles which is amazing and the bracket as a whole is losing EOTS.

Things don’t look all bad.

they aren’t gonna give away a third of the game for free, man.

I know you’re bummed about losing some spells but playing at low level has always meant dealing with incomplete tool kits, weird spell balance, and odd gear. It’s part of the fun.

look at the bright side. Healers in general seem to be eating shit, which is better for bracket balance. Mages lose missiles which is amazing and the bracket as a whole is losing EOTS.

Things don’t look all bad.
Also you guys should get access to a lot more stuff, bfa dungeons, bfa zones, etc etc. Can level to 10 insanely fast to test new stuff, reroll toons for epic quests would take no time etc.

Will epic rolls still happen in Shadowlands, and with the squish will it be worth it?

There will still be some type of gear progression; blues will out stat greens, and epics will out stat blues, etc etc. The core of the game is progression and has always been the main driving force behind encouraging players to experience content. This xpac wont be any different, it's just a change in numbers and making everything smaller.

Even if an epic ends up being a 1-2 stat difference that's enough for most people to chase after it. Personally I'm excited for these changes. Its gonna be fun figuring out the best options again and making the awful stuff viable.

Seems a little strange they will give 10’s a lot more PvE options, but are taking away PvP bg’s. If 10’s can get into all the X-Pacs surely we should have access to more bg’s. Fingers crossed they give us more bg’s.
Yea right, lets hope for more bgs nobody ever gets in anyways and that only lead to long q times... best thing that could happen for low lvl pvp is having only wsg and arathi.

Havent seen that being posted yet. Looks like we get some nice abilities at low lvls.
https://www.wowhead.com/news=311943/

Last edited:

I mean that you consider some of those spec defining for twinks really screams legion twink.

Users who are viewing this thread