Official Reply to Vanilla Servers and Nostalrius

Are you really...
Diablo 1, Hellfire, Warcraft 2, Warcraft 3, Starcraft, BW
How exacly are these games unpolished "half-assed" What are you even on about?

Diablo 2 still has a steady 25k online playerbase that are online during primetime
Warcraft 3 has around 10-15k~ Depending on region and if we're counting W3A + asian version of it..

Numbers are based on the asian servers,
Half assed right? : )
Numbers of subscribers do not remotely correlate to the quality of a product being produced. You want to talk about half-assed when it comes to WoW? As late as WotLK even MINOR Content Patches (like a new Character Model) would cause Blizz to re-patch the Game for 1-2 weeks, to fix the Broken patch. The Game was nearly impossible to play for the first week after ANY Major Content patch. We had downtimes of more than 24 hours, and multiple DT's in the same week after Patches. Server stability back then was terrible right after patches, and so-so normally. The Dance Stuido was even ON THE FUCKING BOX for WotLK but "due to time constraints" they scuttled it, i.e. they pushed out an Xpac before it was ready... half-assing it. This has happened on every single major Content Patch and Expansion in all of WoW, from TBC to WoD.

Right now, not a single one of the 'Lets-Play' folks like Asmongold, HeelvsBabyface, etc say Legion is even remotely ready for Live, let alone Beta, but Activision (Blizzard) is pushing it through regardless to capitalize on the Movie's success (if it is a success). There are broken aspects of WoW that have existed (known by Blizzard) since FUCKING VANILLA, like as example being able to be Feared into the wall in WSG and if you're holding the Flag the Match is fucked. Another is the Alliance starting gate jump in AB so they could cap all 5 bases before the match starts, I can't even remember how long that's been known by Blizz, it's been at least since TBC. You can fall through the world during Raid Bosses and get stuck, still to this day. The list goes on and on, but go ahead and keep fanboying for Blizz as long as it makes your dick hard

Numbers of subscribers do not remotely correlate to the quality of a product being produced. You want to talk about half-assed when it comes to WoW? As late as WotLK even MINOR Content Patches (like a new Character Model) would cause Blizz to re-patch the Game for 1-2 weeks, to fix the Broken patch. The Game was nearly impossible to play for the first week after ANY Major Content patch. We had downtimes of more than 24 hours, and multiple DT's in the same week after Patches. Server stability back then was terrible right after patches, and so-so normally. The Dance Stuido was even ON THE ducking BOX for WotLK but "due to time constraints" they scuttled it, i.e. they pushed out an Xpac before it was ready... half-assing it. This has happened on every single major Content Patch and Expansion in all of WoW, from TBC to WoD.

Right now, not a single one of the 'Lets-Play' folks like Asmongold, HeelvsBabyface, etc say Legion is even remotely ready for Live, let alone Beta, but Activision (Blizzard) is pushing it through regardless to capitalize on the Movie's success (if it is a success). There are broken aspects of WoW that have existed (known by Blizzard) since ducking VANILLA, like as example being able to be Feared into the wall in WSG and if you're holding the Flag the Match is fucked. Another is the Alliance starting gate jump in AB so they could cap all 5 bases before the match starts, I can't even remember how long that's been known by Blizz, it's been at least since TBC. You can fall through the world during Raid Bosses and get stuck, still to this day. The list goes on and on, but go ahead and keep fanboying for Blizz as long as it makes your dick hard
Nobody is forcing you to play wow yet you do. And here you sit complaining? Perhaps its time to find a new hobby?

First of all I want to say I'm pushing for legacy servers and I'm not buying any of the pristine server bullshit, but I have to be objective about the whole situation.

They can't ship legacy servers without fixing some very obvious QoL issues.

No brand or developer with any respect for themselves would launch a Vanilla WoW server without fixing some of the outdated options and problems which would be there, such as no DX11 support, incredibly low view distance blended with random fog. Worse performance than retail WoW. And of course they would want battle.net integration in that cilent and there's probably hundreds if not thousands of things I don't know of, which they would need to fix, to make the experience smooth for someone new to WoW legacy servers and WoW in general, which is going to review/judge Blizzard based off what they see. I work as a freelance level-designer on some of the big games out there (Not MMORPG's, though, and I could ask a few people which might know something about the situation on thursday)

Last edited:
Wish they weren't so focused on the battle.net integration, would probably make the whole process significantly easier. I'd be more than down for a bare-bones project(some janky customer service would be cool too).

Pristine not Prestige ugh

aa1p3.png

Numbers of subscribers do not remotely correlate to the quality of a product being produced. You want to talk about half-assed when it comes to WoW? As late as WotLK even MINOR Content Patches (like a new Character Model) would cause Blizz to re-patch the Game for 1-2 weeks, to fix the Broken patch. The Game was nearly impossible to play for the first week after ANY Major Content patch. We had downtimes of more than 24 hours, and multiple DT's in the same week after Patches. Server stability back then was terrible right after patches, and so-so normally. The Dance Stuido was even ON THE ducking BOX for WotLK but "due to time constraints" they scuttled it, i.e. they pushed out an Xpac before it was ready... half-assing it. This has happened on every single major Content Patch and Expansion in all of WoW, from TBC to WoD.

Right now, not a single one of the 'Lets-Play' folks like Asmongold, HeelvsBabyface, etc say Legion is even remotely ready for Live, let alone Beta, but Activision (Blizzard) is pushing it through regardless to capitalize on the Movie's success (if it is a success). There are broken aspects of WoW that have existed (known by Blizzard) since ducking VANILLA, like as example being able to be Feared into the wall in WSG and if you're holding the Flag the Match is fucked. Another is the Alliance starting gate jump in AB so they could cap all 5 bases before the match starts, I can't even remember how long that's been known by Blizz, it's been at least since TBC. You can fall through the world during Raid Bosses and get stuck, still to this day. The list goes on and on, but go ahead and keep fanboying for Blizz as long as it makes your dick hard
hold on ima let you finish but you said

Blizzard has NEVER released a highly polished game
helloooooooooooooooooooooo?????????????????????????????

camron-you-mad.jpg

Diablo 1, Hellfire, Warcraft 2, Warcraft 3, Starcraft, BW
also add Hearthstone their mobile app is amazing and well polished. SC2 is well polished too!

if you hate the half assed WoW expansions then quit ya dummy stop whining

Last edited:
hold on ima let you finish but you said

helloooooooooooooooooooooo?????????????????????????????

camron-you-mad.jpg

also add Hearthstone their mobile app is amazing and well polished. SC2 is well polished too!

if you hate the half assed WoW expansions then quit ya dummy stop whining

Well I cant speak for Heartstone and SC2 as they are games I dont play : )

The fact is, the ONLY reason they shut down Nostalrius is that is was proving how much Blizzard has failed WoW consumers in recent years. Why they are choosing NOT to give the Players a Legacy Server has 100% to do with them not wanting to admit how they've failed. And to all the idiots that say "if you don't like it don't play it", that's no different than saying don't drive a Ford if you complain about it breaking down, don't shop at Best Buy if you don't like their customer service, don't drink Coke if you like Pepsi better, all of which are moot. If a person pays for a thing and has certain expectations for the money they spent they have EVERY RIGHT to discuss how they feel they've been wronged.

EDIT: BTW, who even noticed that the Official Blizzard response was from the same douchebag that said "You think you want it buy you don't" during the last Q&A, further proof that Blizzard is NOT in fact listening to it's Player base. Also a 'Pristine Realm' is a complete joke. NOBODY is asking for slower leveling based on current WoW, they are asking for the full experience of actual Classic WoW, as it was then... Once again, they aren't actually listening.

Blizzard is not caring for the current game, not even the game that is 10 years in past.

Also in other games, the legacy servers are being maintained and are often getting additional content keeping the game somewhat relevant,like OSRS for example.

Having absolutely no additional content to vanilla would just make it become ded game like lejun after you are fully geared on several toons and cant be arsed grinding 14 hours a day to keep your High Warlord anymore.

Content drought is a shitty thing indeed.

Blizzard cares about bussiness, and sure, while legacy server might bring something to the table,in the long run its not worth for them.

In any case remember who is the CEO.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Kotick

Scumbag PvE community crying about lack of content, meanwhile goodguy twinks queueing the same BG with no complaints for 10 years.

Scumbag PvE community crying about lack of content, meanwhile goodguy tinks queueing the same BG with no complaints for 10 years.
Right because PvP Twinks NEVER complain about anything... Pick any Forum Category at random on this site and I'd wager you won't make it to page 2 before you find at least a few Threads that are nothing BUT complaints, all from the very same PvP Twinking community you're putting on a pedestal.

tfw everyone wants vanilla back for its good legendary mechanical 40man raiding ;^)

Right because PvP tinks NEVER complain about anything... Pick any Forum Category at random on this site and I'd wager you won't make it to page 2 before you find at least a few Threads that are nothing BUT complaints, all from the very same PvP tinking community you're putting on a pedestal.
all I see on 10-19 are top 10 lists, recruiters for TC, and big moran threads

looks like you're wrong again!

latest

If a person pays for a thing and has certain expectations for the money they spent they have EVERY RIGHT to discuss how they feel they've been wronged.
Agree.
a 'Pristine Realm' is a complete joke. NOBODY is asking for slower leveling based on current WoW, they are asking for the full experience of actual Classic WoW as it was then... Once again, they aren't actually listening.
Agree. Pristine realms are not even close what people asked for. But I think they are listening. They just really don't want to make legacy servers. The pristine realm thing was a desperate attempt to calm down the angry mob.

The fact is, the ONLY reason they shut down Nostalrius is that is was proving how much Blizzard has failed WoW consumers in recent years. Why they are choosing NOT to give the Players a Legacy Server has 100% to do with them not wanting to admit how they've failed.
I think nostralrius and its popularity was definitely hurting blizzards image and that it definitely was part of the reason it got shut down. But don't forget the legal reasons too. Like I mentioned previously, US copyright law requires you to actively defend your trademark in order to maintain the rights to it.
"But there are 1000s of private realms, why haven't they shut down the other ones too???"
Suing isn't free. And the other private servers are simply not worth it.
Nostalrius was 1. significantly hurting their brand and 2. was a very large private server. 150k active players, 850k registered account. If it continued to grow it could become a real competitor to WoW. Do you think it's reasonable for a company to let a potentially serious competitor steal their intellectual property?

Agree.
"But there are 1000s of private realms, why haven't they shut down the other ones too???"
Suing isn't free. And the other private servers are simply not worth it.
Nostalrius was 1. significantly hurting their brand and 2. was a very large private server. 150k active players, 850k registered account. If it continued to grow it could become a real competitor to WoW. Do you think it's reasonable for a company to let a potentially serious competitor steal their intellectual property?

There are several servers that have a bigger playerbase then what Nostalrius had that are still up and running.
How come servers like Molten/warmane or that russian owned circle thing are still up and running both of them have 25-30k playerbase (according to their numbers which could be faked like Nostalrius did during their first weeks)
Both servers generate a large income and have been up and running for 5+ years.

There are several servers that have a bigger playerbase then what Nostalrius had that are still up and running.
How come servers like Molten/warmane or that russian owned circle thing are still up and running both of them have 25-30k playerbase (according to their numbers which could be faked like Nostalrius did during their first weeks)
Both servers generate a large income and have been up and running for 5+ years.
Probably has something to do with the amount of publicity nostalrius had. There were lots of big streamers that streamed it, and then after they were told not to they still talked about it often - on stream, on twitter, etc.
Even AT which is a very well known thing in the pvp community isn't/wasn't spoken about publicly nearly as much.

Users who are viewing this thread