New vid warrior prot spec

I'm not a snarky person, really, but I stopped watching at 1:55 when you shield slammed a pally with his bubble up. Sorry.

I'm not a snarky person, really, but I stopped watching at 1:55 when you shield slammed a pally with his bubble up. Sorry.

Whoa! you all really dont like prot warriors lol. I really dont think warriors have that much sway in bgs. Anyway, leave your criticism but cmon dont lie, i'm not even on a pally at 1:55....

I didn't find this very entertaining. It comes across as just another warrior in a BG using abilities on CD.

Perhaps you could get some more interesting footage if you were actually being attacked by more than the occasional rogue. Maybe something where you carry the flag and take on all comers would get provide something different, or try getting some footage of prot warrior vs. prot warrior in BGs.

At approx. 2:37 you got nova'd and just sat there waiting for it to wear off. You have a Throw hotkey but didn't use it.

For the majority of the video you aren't targeted/taking damage, why not switch to Battle Stance for more rage for more Heroic Strikes in between your SS and TC.

For the majority of the video you aren't targeted/taking damage, why not switch to Battle Stance for more rage for more Heroic Strikes in between your SS and TC.

SS gives 20rage in def stance with 6sec CD and with weapon speeds about half the cooldown is it worth the switch at all given the extra benefits of def????? this is a srsly ?, and im not trying to call you out. I would like to know what is better.

SS gives 20rage in def stance with 6sec CD and with weapon speeds about half the cooldown is it worth the switch at all given the extra benefits of def????? this is a srsly ?, and im not trying to call you out. I would like to know what is better.

I'm not advising that the OP spends all his time in battle stance, I'm saying that he can switch to battle stance when SS is on CD, and back to def stance when SS is ready.

With the use of a SS+Def stance macro, once can Shield slam in Def stance, switch to battle stance for other attacks, and hit SS+Def stance macro when SS is off CD then switch back to battle stance and so on.

It doesn't cost you anything other than 3 seconds of being not being in Def stance -- which you aren't going to switch out of if you are in a situation where you really need the additional dmg reduction.

Why don't you use "Class Colors in Nameplates" ?
Interface - > Names - > bottom right

I find it essential to quickly see what classes are in front of me and to pick a target.

and

minimap
(Shift + M)

can't really live without seeing where my teammates are at.

I find that seeing friendly nameplates are quite annoying as a dps class. I would understand as a healer maybe but as a dps I find it easier just to display enemy nameplates.

I find that seeing friendly nameplates are quite annoying as a dps class. I would understand as a healer maybe but as a dps I find it easier just to display enemy nameplates.

I'm not saying he should turn on friendly name plates, but turn class color on enemy name plates on. That way you see a white nameplate for a priest (orange for druids and so on) and can easily pick him out of a group. Or if two or more enemy's come in your direction you know what classes they are before you see them casting spells. How else would you pick out the healer if you are in zerg?

Edit i posted this once hope this makes it clear what i mean. No addons are used.

Hi

i find some settings in WoW more important than some addons.

Interface Options:
  1. COMBAT - Target of Target - Always
  2. RAID PROFILES - Display Class Colors & Display Health Text Health Remaining & No Borders
  3. COMBAT - Class Colors in Nameplates & Cast Bars on Nameplates
  4. (Shift + M ) or Shift + Scoreboard Click to open the Minimap
  5. CAMERA - Max Camera Distance
and set the VIEWING DISTANCE in the Graphics options as high as your PC can handle it.

Last edited by a moderator:
i just can't bring my self to watch it. i FotM-rolled a prot warr a few days ago, i'ts the most boring spec i've ever played (and i played a 19 cata hunt) charge > SS > fap.

i just can't bring my self to watch it. i FotM-rolled a prot warr a few days ago, i'ts the most boring spec i've ever played (and i played a 19 cata hunt) charge > SS > fap.

I'm with you. I made one as well. Not knowing it was FotM tho. It is my 1st F2P. After a few games I'm going to be rolling another class. I will prob still play the warrior, but it is boring and simple.

Users who are viewing this thread