EU+US My thermonuclear take on the separation of twinks and levelers

my question is: If you really have a problem with people twinking, why are you here? Battlegrounds is for people that like doing pvp. Exp gaining WAS NOT available by this way when game released.
You must have misread something I wrote. Perhaps you should try to read it again.

Also, when you are starting pvping at 120?
I wrote an answer to this in another thread, but I'll copypaste it here for you:

"Just play endgame" would be a valid criticism to a person like me if the only thing I cared about was competitive wow arena. But there are many other things I also care about:

My characters. I've played my twinks for many years, and they're somewhat important to me.

The community. Although a lot of people have quit the bracket or the game over time, I still have friends in my bracket that I enjoy playing with. This is probably my primary reason for playing wow in the first place.

The quality of the games themselves. It's still my belief that level 70 2v2 arena with healers is one of the best gamemodes in the entire game. I know a lot of endgame players, so I know 2v2 is usually thought of as a boring, slow paced, scripted gamemode that almost nobody really enjoys. But at level 70 the games are very fast paced (both damage and healing is very high relative to healthpools) which leads to very control-oriented games where offensive cooldowns almost don't matter, defensives are often forced from really minor mistakes, and games often end because of "plays" (and not because you ran out of buttons to press in the 5th setup).

There's stil two options.. Either farm wsg/twins with picking flag and gy farm 19mins and /afk

Or try the exploit that worked 5 years ago with entering bg at the same time ur locking ur xp

The best is to be 3 in a grp and farm gy tho

What we have not been trying to do is try to force or shame anyone into playing arena wargames.

I'm dying xDD thats hilarious. You've been relentlessly trying to bully people into wargames for months. I mean theres rngmonster, khuzao and me but probably plenty of others. Then there's the endless forum posts and often your battle net status having a go either passive aggressive or just full on aggressively at anyone not joining your sessions. And then when they do play, but not to your liking you tell them they're shit at the game (sharkz, remi).
And then finally you have a crack (or 20) at any rogue that doesn't join your monthly rogue tournaments.

Anyway personally i'm not too bothered when all this happens but i enjoy pointing out when you're full of shit xD

@villiansv
Alright, I'm going to clarify my position on wargames and random battlegrounds just so nobody is confused about it.

A pretty small minority of the current level 70 bracket (me included) miss the times when arena was the main thing to do at level 70. We just prefer the gameplay of twink vs twink arena over any of the other game modes the bracket has to offer.
For me personally this doesn't mean I hate random BGs, though. I just thought they were mediocre filler content.

So what I and a few others have been trying to do is contact older twinks that also used to be part of the bracket when it was more competitive and focused on arena, as well as any newer twinks that might have interest, and ask them if they are interested in arena wargames. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, we've had mild success with this. Personally I've been involved in a decent amount of arena wargame sessions over the course of BFA so far, and they're really enjoyable btw. The pacing of 2v2 with healers is great this expansion (you should try it!).

What we have not been trying to do is try to force or shame anyone into playing arena wargames. In fact, if someone had indicated that they were interested when initially asked, but then later showed signs of not really being interested, we haven't even tried to ask them again.

Quick example: I once asked a couple of level 79 twinks if they would be interested in 2v2 wargames, to which they somewhat hesitantly said yes. So, feeling that they were hesitant, I just told them to contact me if they ever wanted to play. Turns out they didn't, and that was fine.

This might sound like a humble brag, but it's not: I don't enjoy playing against inexperienced teams in arena at all*. What I mean by 'inexperienced' is players who obviously aren't 'arena players'. These players generally have no real idea what's going on in the game, no idea how to improve and often no will to improve either. It's so frustrating watching them complain about all kinds of shit they've got no idea about. It's one of the worst things in wow and I hate it. I don't play to win, I play for good games. Yes, of course I'm trying to win when I'm in a game. But my enjoyment doesn't come from winning or losing. I love playing against players that are better than me.
That's the truth and that's why I would never try to indirectly shame or force anyone into playing wargames. Chances are I wouldn't have fun.
*There's one exception to this and that's playing against inexperienced players with a huge advantage. So for example I found it somewhat enjoyable to play against disc/feral teams in WoD because of how insanely hard it was, even if the players were inexperienced. However, given the choice I would still rather play against equal or better players than myself.

I'm probably about to come off a little harsh.
What you might be failing to realize is that you, and people who enjoy the game in similar ways to you, are not the target audience of my push towards a more competitive bracket. I consider you, and people who enjoy the game in similar ways to you, lost causes in that regard. You probably already know this, though, which is why I think you're being disingenuous here. If you feel targeted when I say "BG heroes" I probably don't want to play arena against you.

Yes, I do like to take jabs and joke at BG- and 79 twink players. If you want to call that belittling them, then you're free to.

So the reason I ask this question is because I'm trying to figure out why some people strawman my initiative to get competitive wargames going into "trying to force/shame/tell people to play something they don't want to". It's something you both did in this very thread. It's very odd to me that a few people seem to get defensive when they are asked for wargames, or even hear that some people are being asked for wargames.
I get what your saying, you just come off as condescending to anyone who doesn’t play how you do. I’m just trying to say that if players wanted to wargame on Eu, they would have done it when it was one of the options and not the only option

Get fucked BG heroes. Adapt to wargames or quit twinking :D
I'd just like to point out that since i'm here /pathetic two weeks xD/ i've noticed that Dreams is the biggest pussy/troll on this forum. I guess you wont be annihillated again in two globals, but hey it was fun seeing you panic, it's a special thing when you see a rogue run for his life when he has zero chance to escape :'D Good luck with Wargames mate, i guess the only thing will come close to the emptiness of those bg's will be the space inside your skull. Everytime we had a fair amount twinks on both side, it was insane fun. Well for horde that is, since it's clear that at least in this bracket Alliance is: lvl 70 mage-rogue onetrick boi. Lvl 79 5 man premade from argent dawn whom are so bad that even with 2 horde twinks we gave them a run for their money on AB, WSG, hell, even Silvershard Mines. Lastly i'd like to congratulate you on laughing at the fact that blizzard just shot on you in the face, /enjoy the two day que/ and you are thanking them in this beautiful post, very well done!

Wargames>>>>>pug games, can't argue that. But a lot of people don't have time to log in once or twice a week and wait around for games to form, sometimes not even playing any due to attendance.

Logging in and qing up 5 games a night and hoping you run into twinks is what a huge chunk of players relied on due to busy schedules. With all those players unsubbing I doubt you're going to have the population for consistent weekly wargames. 19s are getting pops though /shrug

You've been relentlessly trying to bully people into wargames for months. I mean theres rngmonster, khuzao and me.
You mean Khuzao who asked you to play against us? You mean Rngmonster who initially told us he wanted to play, but then clearly didn't? I never asked him for a WG after that. I did call him out for pretending to want to play, though. Is that what you call bullying?
And you're bringing yourself up as well? For a long time you kept telling me that you wanted to play wargames but that you had no partner. I even tried helping you find a partner several times. I even contacted your old main arena partner for you to try to get you one. And now you're gonna say you feel like you were bullied into wargames? That's hilarious dude. If anyone "bullied" Khuzao it was you as far as I could tell:
WN2BfeR.png

x6AOpJ8.png

These two images are from two separate tournaments. Plenty more examples btw.

I doubt you're going to have the population for consistent weekly wargames
Hey. I know it's not immediately obvious, especially when you come from a bracket where "wargame" usually means battleground, but when level 70s say "wargame" they are usually referring to arena. We haven't had the numbers to to play BG wargames on EU for a while.

I'd just like to point out that since i'm here /pathetic two weeks xD/ i've noticed that Dreams is the biggest pussy/troll on this forum.
You make some big claims, yet you've chosen not to reveal your ingame character, so I can't really say if they are true or not. But I must have done something ingame to upset you, or?

Lastly i'd like to congratulate you on laughing at the fact that blizzard just shot on you in the face, /enjoy the two day que/ and you are thanking them in this beautiful post, very well done!
I don't think you've read this thread very thoroughly if you came away thinking I care about how long the battleground queues are. LOL

I’m just trying to say that if players wanted to wargame on Eu, they would have done it when it was one of the options and not the only option
And I already agreed with that. I said I don't think the removal of BGs will increase the amount of players who play wargames very much, if at all. You're very good at answering questions nobody asked you while avoiding the real questions... ;)

You mean Khuzao who asked you to play against us? You mean Rngmonster who initially told us he wanted to play, but then clearly didn't? I never asked him for a WG after that. I did call him out for pretending to want to play, though. Is that what you call bullying?
And you're bringing yourself up as well? For a long time you kept telling me that you wanted to play wargames but that you had no partner. I even tried helping you find a partner several times. I even contacted your old main arena partner for you to try to get you one. And now you're gonna say you feel like you were bullied into wargames? That's hilarious dude. If anyone "bullied" Khuzao it was you as far as I could tell:
WN2BfeR.png

x6AOpJ8.png

These two images are from two separate tournaments. Plenty more examples btw.

Hey. I know it's not immediately obvious, especially when you come from a bracket where "wargame" usually means battleground, but when level 70s say "wargame" they are usually referring to arena. We haven't had the numbers to to play BG wargames on EU for a while.

You make some big claims, yet you've chosen not to reveal your ingame character, so I can't really say if they are true or not. But I must have done something ingame to upset you, or?

I don't think you've read this thread very thoroughly if you came away thinking I care about how long the battleground queues are. LOL

And I already agreed with that. I said I don't think the removal of BGs will increase the amount of players who play wargames very much, if at all. You're very good at answering questions nobody asked you while avoiding the real questions... ;)
I get what your saying, you just come off as condescending to anyone who doesn’t play how you do. I’m just trying to say that if players wanted to wargame on Eu, they would have done it when it was one of the options and not the only option
[doublepost=1552573438,1552573250][/doublepost]
i dont feel threatened i welcome it actually

@Blackberryy the real question I wanted you to answer was: why do you feel the need to reframe my initiative of getting competitive wargames up and running into "trying to force/shame/tell people to play something they don't want to"?
(I've rephrased this question like 4 times btw)

@Blackberryy the real question I wanted you to answer was: why do you feel the need to reframe my initiative of getting competitive wargames up and running into "trying to force/shame/tell people to play something they don't want to"?
(I've rephrased this question like 4 times btw)
i answered your question

"I get what your saying, you just come off as condescending to anyone who doesn’t play how you do."

"I get what your saying, you just come off as condescending to anyone who doesn’t play how you do."
I really doubt you "get what I'm saying" if you keep avoiding the question. You're right, I am somewhat condescending to BG players; I take jabs and joke at them sometimes. But I sure as hell don't want to play wargames against them.

I don't know why I even bother, but I'll ask you one more time: why do you feel the need to reframe my attempt to get arena wargames up and running to "trying to force/shame/tell people to play something they don't want to"?

I really doubt you "get what I'm saying" if you keep avoiding the question. You're right, I am somewhat condescending to BG players; I take jabs and joke at them sometimes. But I sure as hell don't want to play wargames against them.

I don't know why I even bother, but I'll ask you one more time: why do you feel the need to reframe my attempt to get arena wargames up and running to "trying to force/shame/tell people to play something they don't want to"?
i've answered your question. You keep repeating something i never said as a question,that's why i will not answer it.

Users who are viewing this thread