EU+US My thermonuclear take on the separation of twinks and levelers

Nobody pays 15$ a month to play this game how someone else tells them too
This is such a weird strawman that I've seen several times. Just because we try to get more people interested in competitive wargames doesn't mean we're forcing anyone to do it? I'm not telling anyone how to play the game? It's such a weird response lmao

On a sidenote: do you feel threatened when people ask you for a wargame? just curious

by saying that invitations to wargames are forcing people to play them
you are forcing me to not play wargames
wtf
i dont pay £9 a month for this shit

Twinks are here since 2005. Back in times, in vanilla, noone was able to gain exp by wining in a battleground. Lvl 10-19 battlegrounds were full of twinks and noone was complaining. Battlegrounds are for people who like pvping. The problem is that with this decision, blizzard has "killed" twink community. Twinks above level 19/29 wont be able to queue.

retarded perspectives like this fail to discern the difference between somethingthat takes 30 minutes minimum to organise usually longer, only possible at a certain time of day, and just logging on whenever and pressing a single button to queue a game.

keep being dumb fucks though and making this entire situation some elitist dilemma though if it makes you feel better

Wargames and random queues are so different in every aspect that only a moron would compare the two. I participate and enjoy wargames but I cant play a fkn wargame while I wait for the water for my pasta to boil and while my spaghetti is cooking, I cant leave a fkn wargame because I have a phone call or etc etc AFK'ing in the middle of a wargame because of a sudden urge to FAP is frowned upon in the context of a wargame

stop comparing the two fkn activities

I'll say it. I would rather have fun in BGs against randoms than play in any competitive game. Arena matches that go on for ages until healers oom or dampening takes effect? That shit just doesn't do it for me. It's just stressful and not fun imho. Same for wargames. It's not that I can't deal with it, it's that I don't fucking want to lol. Those games that are really close because people keep making clutch plays and drag it out? Screw that noise. Give me backpeddlers.

I'll say it. I would rather have fun in BGs against randoms than play in any competitive game. Arena matches that go on for ages until healers oom or dampening takes effect? That shit just doesn't do it for me. It's just stressful and not fun imho. Same for wargames. It's not that I can't deal with it, it's that I don't fucking want to lol. Those games that are really close because people keep making clutch plays and drag it out? Screw that noise. Give me backpeddlers.
I respect that

That's fair enough, though I'd want to point out that I haven't seen any healer/dps wargames get anywhere near dampening (at least at lvl70, wouldn't know about say lvl110-119).

Mind re asking?
OK I'll rephrase: Why do you think trying to cultivate a competitive wargame scene in my bracket and asking people to play wargames is analogous to forcing people to play, or telling people what to do?
Also, do you feel threatened when people ask you for a wargame?

@Dreams Trying to cultivate a wargame scene is fine - more power to you. Your attitude when doing so, however, is very offputting. Calling people who prefer bgs "BG heroes" (we all know you meant it as a derogatory term) who can "get fucked" now, implying that people who play wargames are somehow better, rubs me (and I'm sure others) very much the wrong way. Even if I were inclined to play wargames, which I am not, I wouldn't want to play with you for that reason alone.

No, you're not forcing people to play or telling them what to do. You're trying to shame them into playing what you want, and belittle them for playing what they want. That's how you come across, to me. I'm not even going to touch your condescending attitude towards 79s, but it's more of the same type of behaviour.

Who asks questions like this, honestly? Is this a version of "are you chicken?" or what? Seriously...

Starting this whole thread to gloat over those who now can't play their twinks anymore the way they like is just disappointing on so many levels. I don't know how US is, but EU 70-79 BG queues are for all intents and purposes now dead for xp off toons.

OK I'll rephrase: Why do you think trying to cultivate a competitive wargame scene in my bracket and asking people to play wargames is analogous to forcing people to play, or telling people what to do?
i dont feel threatened i welcome it actually.i have fun in the game no matter what.And i just put in input because i feel like everyone hates people just wanting to fight levelers. I can understand the point of twink vs twink though, imexceited of the prospect,but i feel bad for those that can't be on for such events

@villiansv
Alright, I'm going to clarify my position on wargames and random battlegrounds just so nobody is confused about it.

A pretty small minority of the current level 70 bracket (me included) miss the times when arena was the main thing to do at level 70. We just prefer the gameplay of twink vs twink arena over any of the other game modes the bracket has to offer.
For me personally this doesn't mean I hate random BGs, though. I just thought they were mediocre filler content.

So what I and a few others have been trying to do is contact older twinks that also used to be part of the bracket when it was more competitive and focused on arena, as well as any newer twinks that might have interest, and ask them if they are interested in arena wargames. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, we've had mild success with this. Personally I've been involved in a decent amount of arena wargame sessions over the course of BFA so far, and they're really enjoyable btw. The pacing of 2v2 with healers is great this expansion (you should try it!).

What we have not been trying to do is try to force or shame anyone into playing arena wargames. In fact, if someone had indicated that they were interested when initially asked, but then later showed signs of not really being interested, we haven't even tried to ask them again.

Quick example: I once asked a couple of level 79 twinks if they would be interested in 2v2 wargames, to which they somewhat hesitantly said yes. So, feeling that they were hesitant, I just told them to contact me if they ever wanted to play. Turns out they didn't, and that was fine.

This might sound like a humble brag, but it's not: I don't enjoy playing against inexperienced teams in arena at all*. What I mean by 'inexperienced' is players who obviously aren't 'arena players'. These players generally have no real idea what's going on in the game, no idea how to improve and often no will to improve either. It's so frustrating watching them complain about all kinds of shit they've got no idea about. It's one of the worst things in wow and I hate it. I don't play to win, I play for good games. Yes, of course I'm trying to win when I'm in a game. But my enjoyment doesn't come from winning or losing. I love playing against players that are better than me.
That's the truth and that's why I would never try to indirectly shame or force anyone into playing wargames. Chances are I wouldn't have fun.
*There's one exception to this and that's playing against inexperienced players with a huge advantage. So for example I found it somewhat enjoyable to play against disc/feral teams in WoD because of how insanely hard it was, even if the players were inexperienced. However, given the choice I would still rather play against equal or better players than myself.

Your attitude when doing so, however, is very offputting. Calling people who prefer bgs "BG heroes" (we all know you meant it as a derogatory term) who can "get fucked" now, implying that people who play wargames are somehow better, rubs me (and I'm sure others) very much the wrong way.
I'm probably about to come off a little harsh.
What you might be failing to realize is that you, and people who enjoy the game in similar ways to you, are not the target audience of my push towards a more competitive bracket. I consider you, and people who enjoy the game in similar ways to you, lost causes in that regard. You probably already know this, though, which is why I think you're being disingenuous here. If you feel targeted when I say "BG heroes" I probably don't want to play arena against you.

You're trying to belittle BG players for playing what they want. That's how you come across, to me. I'm not even going to touch your condescending attitude towards 79s.
Yes, I do like to take jabs and joke at BG- and 79 twink players. If you want to call that belittling them, then you're free to.

do you feel threatened when people ask you for a wargame?
Who asks questions like this, honestly? Is this a version of "are you chicken?
i dont feel threatened i welcome it actually
So the reason I ask this question is because I'm trying to figure out why some people strawman my initiative to get competitive wargames going into "trying to force/shame/tell people to play something they don't want to". It's something you both did in this very thread. It's very odd to me that a few people seem to get defensive when they are asked for wargames, or even hear that some people are being asked for wargames.

competitive war-games are a good initiative in any bracket. It was fun in the 19s bracket right after the brackets were separated and wargame 10v10s could be nostalgic gameplays of the non wintradding RBG days of 70s

@Dreams , my question is: If you really have a problem with people twinking, why are you here? Battlegrounds is for people that like doing pvp. Exp gaining WAS NOT available by this way when game released. Also, when you are starting pvping at 120, i guess you have a problem with old 120s who have got a better gear than you. You might be a person who whispers people when looses a game i guess

Users who are viewing this thread