My Hardcore F2P Account Journey

Should I ban Divine Shield + Hearthstone?

• Yes

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • No

Votes: 16 84.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
can't check death count on armory so need some way to verify the "hardcore" aspect.

I stream everything so you can see if I die, I trust that others will say if they die
There is nothing to gain from lying, it's a challenge for yourself, not a competition.

Also, they can post this page once in a while if they want
1680023900552.png

Update March 28 - Blessed Run

I've been busy questing through Eastern Kingdoms and have finished over half the zones now. During my questing in Northren Stranglethorn and Stranglethorn Vale I got blessed by having both the Parrot Cage (Hyacinth Macaw) and Razzashi Hatchling drop. As a bonus I decided to hunt down some of the Warlords of Draenor rares for their mounts. I started by killing Poundfist for the Sunhide Gronnling mount.

Also, new video out! Another update coming tomorrow

Last edited:
So you died in the video...does that mean it's time for reroll? Or you are testing things out with your non-hardcore paladin first?

I think you should have bubbled and hearthed out as soon as you realized how hard he was hitting.

Need to be risk-averse to play hardcore.and be successful.

well, maybe this will prepare you for diablo 4 hardcore when it releases.

i remember playing HC in diablo 3 a couple years back and I would pick witch doctor and build/gear in such a way that i would still stay alive even if I d/c.

i had so many kills and was getting cocky.

then i started taking risks, then more risks, until one day i died and i realized that I already deviated from my original plan of "not taking any risks completely!

Update March 28 - Misclick and Panic

Alright, so as some of you may have seen, I was defeated in Frostfire Ridge by the dreadful Nok-Karosh after a simple misclick, after the misclick I kind of panicked, I could have just ran away, maybe spam healed myself while waiting for Divine Shield, but I was greedy and decided to still attempt the kill. Instead of getting the mount that he drops I got two youtube subscribers from my death video :Kappa:Earlier that day I had pulled out two wisdom teeth and was still in a lot of pain, so I've choosen to blame that for the reason why I was stupid enough to attempt this kill.

So, what's next? Well... Obviously we have to go again! You can vote here for my next class, the poll will stay open until March 31 and then my next journey begins.

Update March 28 - Misclick and Panic

Alright, so as some of you may have seen, I was defeated in Frostfire Ridge by the dreadful Nok-Karosh after a simple misclick, after the misclick I kind of panicked, I could have just ran away, maybe spam healed myself while waiting for Divine Shield, but I was greedy and decided to still attempt the kill. Instead of getting the mount that he drops I got two youtube subscribers from my death video :Kappa:Earlier that day I had pulled out two wisdom teeth and was still in a lot of pain, so I've choosen to blame that for the reason why I was stupid enough to attempt this kill.

So, what's next? Well... Obviously we have to go again! You can vote here for my next class, the poll will stay open until March 31 and then my next journey begins.
So can we say that was an.... unwise decision? :FrogeConcern:

Today started well, with getting the AGM after few days of camping Gurubashi Arena in fear of random high levels
Then I decided to give a try to Shadowmoon dungeon ...
Started ok, on the first few mob packs, slowly learning how to handle elite packs with a hunter ...
Then Conzil joined, the legend himself joined, my pet died, i panicked, received ze dot from one of the mob, the hidden threat ...
Tried to feign death, to turtle, but it was too late, and death was coming slowly.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SpoopyPiliablePoultrySoonerLater-32-LEmuuDXbyg7Nb

Could have used potions, waited for CDs to be up before engaging ... still underestimated the dot ^^

25dQK1r.png

So ... I like hunter as HC character, I think it has some good potential for fun content, but ilvl50 is pretty rough for solo dungeon.
Then i go again, worgen hunter, on MoonGuard US
Please welcome Brìhan, son of Brihan (yes i'm very creative with names)

zqJ01HL.png

So....

Last day.png

yeah... My pet aggroed a high level quest NPC while I was minding my own business farming freehold, so I hit feign death without running away but I thought I lagged out so I hit feign death twice which was a stupid decision because I macroed /stopcasting into it minutes before this :NotLikeThis:

So in true brihan fashion I'm starting again like nothing ever happened :)
First day again .png

Three lessons to be learned from this :
1) Bfa is scary
2) Never ever macro anything into feign death
3) Dismiss pet when you're not watching it

And I vote to make this death not count because the challenge is called hardcore f2p for a reason, not hardcore xpoff which implies you need to be level 20 to begin the challenge :FrogeTorch:

April 1 Update - We Go Again

After a landslide win in the poll I've now created my Death Knight.
1680358951539.png

Apparently you can buy full ilvl 47 gear in the starting zone which is nice, I haven't really done much other than leveling it up and unlocking Garrison. Will probably start dungeon gearing it tomorrow.

Also RIP Brihan and Törviñ

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread