[MOP] Oldspike's F2P Warrior Guide.

Re: Oldspike's F2P Warrior Guide.

The main reason people stacking crit on a warrior is Enrage.

But i'm not a huge fan of that. I prefer stacking strength.

As dps i dont really care about stam or parry.

For BG: 1 critrating = 0,232% crit
So 8 crit (scaling to 24) of Aku'mai means 1,86% crit against 16 strength (Foreman/Evil). Not a very good deal in my opinion.

I was wondering if Foreman's Leggings + Shield Against Evil Presence is actually better than Scales of Aku'mai and the heirloom shield?

Foreman/Evil Presence:
1029 Armor
13 Stam
13 Str

Aku'mai/Heirloom:
991 Armor
16 Stam
4 Str
4 Parry
7 Crit

More Simply:
38 Armor & 9 Strength vs 3 Stamina, 4 Parry & 7 Crit.

Maybe I'm misevaluating crit on Warriors, but I was under the impression that it was extremely beneficial for rage gen (at least it used to be when I played frequently). (And obviously 3 Stam 4 Parry would outclass 48 armor) Working on my warrior now and I just want to make sure I don't hand in and regret it later.

The main reason people stacking crit on a warrior is Enrage.

But i'm not a huge fan of that. I prefer stacking strength.

As dps i dont really care about stam or parry.

For BG: 1 critrating = 0,232% crit
So 8 crit (scaling to 24) of Aku'mai means 1,86% crit against 16 strength (Foreman/Evil). Not a very good deal in my opinion.

^

Best way to say it is its the conventional vs unconventional. Stam+ Crit versus a more 'well rounded' more conventional strength set.

I honestly think that there is no other way to go but the shield and foremans. Not to mention the other leggings have intellect on them which just looks bad.

There are better places to sacrifice stats for crit, I dont think the leggings is one of them, I think I should post a crit set on here sometime :) .

With the boa shield and item scaling evil is kind of redundant now. Sure for a balanced prot set evil is still bis, but for fcing aku'mai + boa shield is best, and for damage redbeard is best (in bgs). I'll admit if youre playing prot in arenas evil is the better choice, but you should be playing arms in arenas anyway. Taking aku'mai also gives you the option of a crit set if you want to try it out.

All comes down to preference yea. But if you go with the leggings instead of the shield and you want to go prot... well... your going to be SoL. Plus the shield is good for a defensive stance switch.

I was curious about str-crit relative usefulness for arms, so I did a bit of theorycrafting and concluded that 1 crit is about 120% as good as 1 str on my current gear (assumptions: maximizing avg consistent dps of white hits, mortal strike and slam; bg scaling and enrage taken into account, dodge and parry ignored).

I was curious about str-crit relative usefulness for arms, so I did a bit of theorycrafting and concluded that 1 crit is about 120% as good as 1 str on my current gear (assumptions: maximizing avg consistent dps of white hits, mortal strike and slam; bg scaling and enrage taken into account, dodge and parry ignored).

Yes this is true, crit and stamina is more important than strength this patch... because well, spirit practically does more than strength this patch for warriors.. But this is the expansion that makes it so that healers will never oom, unless they are healing for longer than 10 mins strait.

Why I say go for a more conventional build is because there is always the concern that blizzard will come to their senses and make the game less insipid and more sensible (making strength mean something for plate dps, making spirit mean something for healers), making the gear that you get from more brash quest rewards useless and inept when they could have been put into other gear, then limiting the capabilities of your character for the foreseeable future.

In the sets I have suggested, there is still a decent amount of crit, for my character im normally at around 15% crit, which I consider as a f2p warrior as pretty good. This is all just my way of saying that I believe Scales of Aku'mai is a incompetent quest reward to receive as a warrior, and something that really boggles my mind when I see on warriors/ makes me frustrated.

As a warrior you should prioritize strength over critical strike because on classes that use strength to generate attack power (Warriors, paladins, death knights), the strength scaling for spells is much higher than those of other primary stat users.

This is so because Blizzard intended strength users to have higher base damage and agility users to have higher burst (This is why agility grants critical strike in addition to attack power).

Scales of Akumai is a silly item for warriors, regardless of critical strike and stamina. The item is clearly intended for Holy Paladins, while also detracting from spell scaling for arms and protection alike.

Shield of Evil Protection is an all around better pick now that items scale up in battlegrounds. There isn't a reason for it not to be BiS for prot (and arms when in defensive stance). The BoA shield is a poor substitute in both elements of PvP.

You can always spot a crit addict by their pants.

Seriously though, what do you think about Udders as a warrior? I think I would need a smex-change.

Last edited by a moderator:

Actually the key to a good warrior is balance,you musn't deminish one stat for the sake of the other.....that means no only crit or only str stacking...also keep in mind stamina and armor.

Nice guide btw.

I tried clicking the links, the chardev's appear to be working for me.

I dont know why it didnt work for me that time but now works !
Also , Suggest me a nonBoA weapon for my new Arms Warrior .

Hey SevenSlacks7 (or anyone else) I saw you just barely mention that SOME DAY you would add equipment sets to this guide - crit, dps, hit I assume. I would love to see this as well as an explanation of when to use each. This would also really be helpful for anyone starting a warrior b/c the chardev examples all focus on heirlooms, AGM, & Dread Pirate Ring which take a long time to farm. Any chance?

Last edited by a moderator:

I just made an Alliance Arms Warrior, and I would like to ask about non-BOA BiS? It's really hard to get BOA's on F2P, so any suggestions on non-BOA gear?

Users who are viewing this thread