[MOP] F2P Shaman guide

Re: F2P Shaman guide

For eles, i still think my twink is superior for horde compared to your bis list:
vicautzwei
Arena grand master and drakewing bands are way better than anything else. If you are into more health, take magicians mantle for shoulder and bristlebark buckler as shield.

Double agm is not BIS bro. If you account for even the slightest healing, the resilience from the pvp trinket gives you better effective health.
Got all the calculations and stuff right here BIS FC

Check out my shammy too, i used to use double agm but the numbers dont lie.

I did..............

Please point out to me where you give credit. I cannot see it.

Macros

Code:
#showtooltip Wind Shear
/stopcasting
/cast [@target, nomod] Wind Shear
/cast [@focus, modifier: shift] Wind Shear

This casts wind shear at your main target with no modifier and casts wind shear at your focus target if you hold down shift. If you don't know how what a focus target is/how to set one up, just make a macro that looks like this:

Code:
 /focus

This casts wind shear at your main target with no modifier and casts wind shear at your focus target if you hold down shift. If you don't know how what a focus target is/how to set one up, just make a macro that looks like this:

Code:
#showtooltip Cleanse Spirit
/cast [@target, nomod, help] Cleanse Spirit
/cast [@player, modifier: shift] Cleanse Spirit
/cast [@target, nomod, harm] Purge
/cast [@focus, modifier: ctrl] Purge

Now what this does is it casts Purge at your target if you're targeting an enemy, and Cleanse Spirit (change it to Purify Spirit if playing resto) if you're targeting an ally. When you hold down shift, it will cast Cleanse Spirit at yourself and when you hold down control it will cast Purge at your focus target.

Code:
#showtooltip
/cast !Ghost Wolf

If you hit this button more than once (unlike just casting the regular ability Ghost Wolf), you will not be toggled out of Ghost Wolf form. This macro prevents spamming Ghost Wolf trying to get away, hitting it one too many times and accidentally shifting back out.

Code:
#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover, harm, nodead, exists][] Flame Shock

If your mouse is hovering over an enemy, hitting this button will cast Flame Shock at it without you having to target them, and also if you're not moused over anything it casts Flame Shock at your target. I like this because I can DoT rogues out of stealth without having to retarget people I'm purging/healing.

That's all I have right now, if I think of anymore I'll post them here too. People can also change the modifiers to whatever is comfortable for them; shift, alt, and ctrl are interchangable.

Noble's Robe is worth a mention for pre-BoA BiS for ele/resto. You might name Elemental Precision when talking about spirit to hit and mention Purification/Ancestral Vigor for resto.

I missed the part where you explain AB LM strategy. You know, the part where you knock someone off, they don't die. Come back and kill you, then when you realize you can't do anything because you're bad, and decide to suicide off the LM instead. Teach us how to shaman.

Yes, because I can kill a 24 with ease and a prot pally. I suicided because I had no chance. Why try? Also you're bad for getting knocked off in the first place.

So basically everything I have said in this thread.

I'm just hoping if it's pointed out often enough the information might make its way into the guide. Magically. Or something. ;)

I missed the part where you explain AB LM strategy. You know, the part where you knock someone off, they don't die. Come back and kill you, then when you realize you can't do anything because you're bad, and decide to suicide off the LM instead. Teach us how to shaman.

An elemental shaman that suicides off the lm in the right spot can avoid having their corpse looted, can corpse res back on the high ground, and can immediately thunderstorm after they rez behind unsuspecting players. It's more of a tactic than a strategy, and isn't particularly reliable, but I have a feeling that's what he was attempting.

I feel like everyone commenting on this thread deserves a white name just as much as you jsu... This has basically been spoonfed to you

So basically you don't appreciate the work I've done and told me I had too much help? You know this is more of a insult that a comment.

Last edited by a moderator:

I interested in making an enhancement shaman I know that they suck and lava lash hits for shit but I really just enjoy the class.

My question is what is the best race?
Dranei get Hit+HoT
Dwarf Mace Specialization + Stone form
Panda Quaking Palm+ Double Food

Alliance I think give me more Hit overall which I think is a must. Rifle Patch(8)+Ello Band(3)+Hogger(9)+ Rune of Perfection(10)( 5.1)+Class Wep(3)
-Then depending on how I loom I can get even more.

Horde: Goggles (4)+Hoggers(9)+Rune of Perfection (10)+ Class Wep(3)
-I didn't want to count Spaulders of Hero because I will replace it with loom

Seems like Alliance is the way to go.
Dranei or Panda?

Thanks

Okay thanks

One more question.
I believe that for an enhance shaman hit is really important.
Why are the Loom Shadowcraft Armor not recommended? Or a variation of Shadowcraft Shoulder+DeathDealer Breastplate or Herods Shoulder+Shadowcraft Chest?

Users who are viewing this thread