[MOP] F2P Shaman guide

Re: F2P Shaman guide

Ok, lets get this back on topic discussing shaman play.

Veinte, I really enjoyed playing this game with you yesterday. How u so good at ele shaman? WTB tipz.

CfcGy.jpg

Hmmm

You might try

/cast [nostance] ghost wolf

It'll only cast ghost wolf if you're not in ghost wolf, meaning you won't wast a gcd from spamming it, and you can preemptively spam it around unfriendly shams to maintain ghost wolf and soak up purges. Throw a little bunny-hop action in there when you expect the purge and you'll be slowed down... nearly not at all

I think I have a stupid question. Restro should use mana oil and not flametongue correct?

I'd love to play elemental but you get thunderstorm and shock for instant casts and them it seems like it's an eternity to cast a lightening bolt. Are there videos of the elite elemental shammys on the F2P video sticky post? Saw alot of restro. Tell me to look again if they are there.

I think I have a stupid question. Restro should use mana oil and not flametongue correct?

I'd love to play elemental but you get thunderstorm and shock for instant casts and them it seems like it's an eternity to cast a lightening bolt. Are there videos of the elite elemental shammys on the F2P video sticky post? Saw alot of restro. Tell me to look again if they are there.

There is a video of F2P elemental shaman but it is very outdated(mid of cata)

Alright, so I did some testing. I can safetly say that Astral Shift is BIS for all specs. You can use Astral Shift while Silenced/locked out when you can't with Bulwark Totem. It is just more useful now.

looking at the talents at lvl 15, i can see that nature's guardian is primarily in most cases stronger than astral shift, the only situation it is weaker is if you take more than 62,5% damage of your maximum hp withen the 6 seconds of astral shift, anything less than that then would nature's guardian be stronger. Plus nature's guardians internal cd is only 30sec compared to a 2min cd.

they are also going to buff the totems absorbed damage next patch. but I never considered natures guardian before because of the health loss after.

I've been using Astral Shift for awhile now, and I wanted to be 100% that it was better. Stone Bulwark Totem is worthless when you're thinking about effective health as it only absorbs 292 damage for 10 seconds. With my shamans health at 2051, if I am increasing my health by using astral vigor my health with be at 2256. That is 4005 effective health. The totem I believe would only add an addition 292 for 10 seconds (plus a minimal amount over the next 20). While if using Nature's Guardian, when it proc's my health would jump to 2820 and my effective health would be at 5007. Meanwhile if I am not stunned and am able to cast Astral Shift my effective health becomes 6674 for 6 seconds. That's 1600+ more effective health with Astral Shift over Nature's Guardian.

Nature's Guardian has some upsides. It has a 30 second CD compared to Astral Shifts 2 min CD. It also lasts 4 seconds longer and is a passive ability, so you don't have to worry about being stunned. But Astral Shift will allow you to take a lot more burst damage at once.

Hope that helps!

I've been using Astral Shift for awhile now, and I wanted to be 100% that it was better. Stone Bulwark Totem is worthless when you're thinking about effective health as it only absorbs 292 damage for 10 seconds. With my shamans health at 2051, if I am increasing my health by using astral vigor my health with be at 2256. That is 4005 effective health. The totem I believe would only add an addition 292 for 10 seconds (plus a minimal amount over the next 20). While if using Nature's Guardian, when it proc's my health would jump to 2820 and my effective health would be at 5007. Meanwhile if I am not stunned and am able to cast Astral Shift my effective health becomes 6674 for 6 seconds. That's 1600+ more effective health with Astral Shift over Nature's Guardian.

Nature's Guardian has some upsides. It has a 30 second CD compared to Astral Shifts 2 min CD. It also lasts 4 seconds longer and is a passive ability, so you don't have to worry about being stunned. But Astral Shift will allow you to take a lot more burst damage at once.

Hope that helps!

the totem is set to get a buff the next patch so we will see what happens then. but yes, both Astral shift and Nature's Guardian are viable and imo better choices that the totem.

Well done on the guide Thrall, very nice depth. :)
/applaud for the time put into it, and after playing a healadin/resto druid, I completely agree that we are the best support class and also the most interesting and fun to play :)
I use so many more abilities on my shaman than I would ever need to on my Hpal or my Druid!
PS: Goblins are fun ^^

Hope that helps!

This gal' seems like she knows her stuff, and although I am stubbornly devoted to using my Nature's Guardian, as many of my rotations involve utilizing it, I can confirm that for flag carrying, Astral Shift is most likely better, however both talents are certainly viable. As for the bubble totem... We will see.
:)

Good guide...the cleanse spirit Purge macro is very usefull...I have had good luck with bulwark totem and am looking forward to its buff next patch

Users who are viewing this thread