F2P MoP F2P Hunter Guide

this is well-organized and fairly in-depth. well done

how is it possible OR is it still possible to obtain an equip...these 'mail armor'...on my hunter?
shoulder: champion herod's shoulder, prized beastmaster mantle.
chest: champions breastplate.
as im unable to purchase from justice heirloom vendor in SW, as the mentioned items are closed off to my class?
many thanks in advance for any info thatl stop me scratching my head over this!!!!

how is it possible OR is it still possible to obtain an equip...these 'mail armor'...on my hunter?
shoulder: champion herod's shoulder, prized beastmaster mantle.
chest: champions breastplate.
as im unable to purchase from justice heirloom vendor in SW, as the mentioned items are closed off to my class?
many thanks in advance for any info thatl stop me scratching my head over this!!!!
You can buy them from the vendor, they scale down to leather when you equip them

ty 'youakim'......wow...now thats good news ...i guess..have to check the stats change from mail to leather..see if they are still viable...again my thx

You just need to edit this guide and just type hold down S, spam Concussive Shot and Arcane Shot. You put more work into this than you had to.

(Jk, but srsly.)

Me and big made this so that the avg hunt in this bracket can become better and people like you can no longer say they crutched to kill you but instead they are just better then you. Feel free to keep your stupid comments out of our guide.

Me and big made this so that the avg hunt in this bracket can become better and people like you can no longer say they crutched to kill you but instead they are just better then you. Feel free to keep your stupid comments out of our guide.
I was obviously joking, but w/e.

I really like the added posts about roles and 1v1 fights. Great info and definitely a few new things for me to try when I pull my hunter back out.

I know but I cant wear it.
And they said that best gear for F2P hunter is that mail shoulders and i wana know why I cant wear it
That mail shoulder being this?

Did you try to buy and equip that item, even though it's red for you? Just because it's colored red in heirloom selections from that vendor does not mean you can't wear it. I see it colored red for me on my F2P hunter too, yet I bought it and was able to wear it on that F2P hunter.

And if you're worried you'll lose all that honor/JP/DMF-ticket currencies buying it, have no worries: you'll be able to refund and get 100% (or all) of those currencies back if you sell it back to the vendor within 2 hours of purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:
That mail shoulder being this?

Did you try to buy and equip that item, even though it's red for you? Just because it's colored red in heirloom selections from that vendor does not mean you can't wear it. I see it colored red for me on my F2P hunter too, yet I bought it and was able to wear it on that F2P hunter.

And if you're worried you'll lose all that honor/JP/DMF-ticket currencies buying it, have no worries: you'll be able to refund and get 100% (or all) of those currencies back if you sell it back to the vendor within 2 hours of purchase.

Really!? Tnx for that I didn't knew. I thought becase it's colored red that I can't wear it. Really really tnx. :)

Return to top

Attacking Macros

It may not be desired to auto-shot immediately while using Steady Shot and Aimed Shot, breaking CC and giving away your position. Consider an opt-out macro to make sure you open with your ability instead of auto-shot like so:
Code:
#Showtooltip Aimed Shot
/startattack [nomod:shift]
/cast Aimed Shot

Lil, I've been searching for a way to not start my autoattack when using Steady Shot after cc. I can't seem to get this macro to work. If I am correct, it should /startattack unless you press shift; however, my autoattack starts no matter the mod I press (or no mod at all). I've tried different similar strategies to prevent my CC breaking early due to autoshots, but all have failed so far.

Are you positive that this macro still works properly? Any ideas why it may not be working for me? I'm using:

#showtooltip Steady Shot
/cast Steady Shot

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Lil, I've been searching for a way to not start my autoattack when using Steady Shot after cc. I can't seem to get this macro to work. If I am correct, it should /startattack unless you press shift; however, my autoattack starts no matter the mod I press (or no mod at all). I've tried different similar strategies to prevent my CC breaking early due to autoshots, but all have failed so far.

Are you positive that this macro still works properly? Any ideas why it may not be working for me? I'm using:

#showtooltip Steady Shot
/cast Steady Shot

Any ideas would be appreciated.

I don't think the macro in your post will ever work. Auto-attack starts because of Steady Shot. The /startattack command is irrelevant.

Try this:
Code:
#showtooltip Stead Shot
/cast Steady Shot
/stopattack [mod:shift]

If that doesn't work, try playing around with the /stopattack command instead of /startattack​.

I don't think the macro in your post will ever work. Auto-attack starts because of Steady Shot. The /startattack command is irrelevant.

Try this:
Code:
#showtooltip Stead Shot
/cast Steady Shot
/stopattack [mod:shift]

If that doesn't work, try playing around with the /stopattack command instead of /startattack​.

Thanks for the idea. I was basing my macro off of Lil's which is why I was trying to focus on /startattack options. I'll give it an attempt.

Users who are viewing this thread