F2P MoP F2P Hunter Guide

i need some help with my stupid pet as a hunter. (the main reason im marksman spec) he always seems to keep me in combat when hes not engaged in anything and overall drags me down. When i do ally roof jumps and some of the midfield stump ones he gets stuck on them and doesnt move unless im mounted. my lock pet usually is smarter than that and follows me and doesnt keep me in combat like my disobedient hunter pet -_- any advice to keep him on a shorter leash or macros to make him listen better?

i need some help with my stupid pet as a hunter. (the main reason im marksman spec) he always seems to keep me in combat when hes not engaged in anything and overall drags me down. When i do ally roof jumps and some of the midfield stump ones he gets stuck on them and doesnt move unless im mounted. my lock pet usually is smarter than that and follows me and doesnt keep me in combat like my disobedient hunter pet -_- any advice to keep him on a shorter leash or macros to make him listen better?

keybind petfollow or just think ahead when you might make a decision to run and dismiss pet.

/petfollow
/petpassive

Or you could try a 'move to'. If both these options don't work, dismiss and recall.

Great guide, perfect for beginners. I honestly had no idea about intimidation, nor was I aware of the +2 scope. I also didn't know you can assign ferocity, cunning, tenacity to your pets. Who has time for macros though? Not me, never use them...

<self-target>
/slap
/retard

It has dropped for me (hunter) but at the time I wasn't interested in haste stacking (didn't keep it) . Now, when 5.2 is coming with the reduced cast time for Aimed shot, it has become intriguing for me to reach the maximum haste possible.

It has dropped for me (hunter) but at the time I wasn't interested in haste stacking (didn't keep it) . Now, when 5.2 is coming with the reduced cast time for Aimed shot, it has become intriguing for me to reach the maximum haste possible.

I would still say Bandit cape would be better. I'm all for haste stacking but 4 haste isn't worth the loss of 4 agi and 4 crit. If you want to though try it out and see how much the haste effects your Aimed shot or if you feel it's worth it

Nice, it's pretty accurate. The explanation of the stats was quite useful. Have you tried any all-in-one pet macros?

Nice, it's pretty accurate. The explanation of the stats was quite useful. Have you tried any all-in-one pet macros?

If you mean macros that will work for pet abilities, there's one way to do it. I think it's something along the lines of

/click petactionbutton1

then you just set the ability to the first button for all your pets. However, I'm personally not a fan of this style because you cannot use /click macros to hit your focus or your mouseover.

If you mean macros that will work for pet abilities, there's one way to do it. I think it's something along the lines of

/click petactionbutton1

then you just set the ability to the first button for all your pets. However, I'm personally not a fan of this style because you cannot use /click macros to hit your focus or your mouseover.

perhaps you coul'd reserve the petaction macro for casting heart of the phoenix(?) or last stand(? and it turns your pet into a big red mess)

Hi,just need a few tips.I haven't played this patch yet, but i just want to be prepared to all the surprises when i log on next time.With 5.2,can hunters now kill priests 1 vs 1? And,if yes,can you please share some tactics as a hunter? I heard that damage has been buffed for hunters,and they have tons of cc,so,that must mean that priests in 5.2 must be a much easier target to beat than in the previous patch.Thanks in advance.

Hi,just need a few tips.I haven't played this patch yet, but i just want to be prepared to all the surprises when i log on next time.With 5.2,can hunters now kill priests 1 vs 1? And,if yes,can you please share some tactics as a hunter? I heard that damage has been buffed for hunters,and they have tons of cc,so,that must mean that priests in 5.2 must be a much easier target to beat than in the previous patch.Thanks in advance.
Steadily get through the bubble, make sure you keep your focus full, Mark and Serpent Sting up. Intimidate, focusdump, Scatter to get some focus back up with a Steady and hope for a kill. Might be easier with the appropriate pet. If you don't kill him in this, he won't die.

Users who are viewing this thread