[MOP] Arcane Mage Guide

Re: Arcane Mage Guide

You should definitely link all the abilities, spells and racials you mention in this guide to wowhead. 'TotG' might tell you and me what it is, but someone new won't have a clue, that it means Touch of the Grave :)

Question - How do you make a link without it being www.... whatever and the name touch of grace (and same for other abilities)

I haven't put them pictures up to brag, or try and make myself look good. I have put them up to show what sort of damage and destruction a Arcane Mage can do... To try and get people to try the class out. :(

Well you know in a good players hands nearly any spec (even ret and enh! I have honestly seen them top dmg sometimes) can top dmg or kbs. Typically screenshots are just made for epeen and for some of the less skilled players to try and brag about being #1 stat wise. You are Eu so I haven't seen you play however if you are making a guide you obviously have knowledge about it and don't need to post the screenshots to show what's capable in a skilled persons hands.. I kinda like the burst one and think that is all that's needed to fully show what a mage is capable of cause they don't rly have substained dps but can have quite a burst.

I didn't mean it to be rude and I thank you for updating a class guide that was out dated and more people should do that for sure but the screenshots aren't guide worthy imo. I know quite a few good mages out there and I'm fairly sure none of them care about topping the charts as much as control as a mage (which can't really be shown in a ss). After looking at your recent guide I would still say take the scoreboards out (can keep the burst ss just as a small example) and I would also try adding just 1-2 more posts which you can ask yde or mia to do so it doesn't feel as clutterly.. Again, sry if I sounded bitchy but I laughed when I saw scoreboards and think it's more worthy of epeen threads or those kind of threads.

Well you know in a good players hands nearly any spec (even ret and enh! I have honestly seen them top dmg sometimes) can top dmg or kbs. Typically screenshots are just made for epeen and for some of the less skilled players to try and brag about being #1 stat wise. You are Eu so I haven't seen you play however if you are making a guide you obviously have knowledge about it and don't need to post the screenshots to show what's capable in a skilled persons hands.. I kinda like the burst one and think that is all that's needed to fully show what a mage is capable of cause they don't rly have substained dps but can have quite a burst.

I didn't mean it to be rude and I thank you for updating a class guide that was out dated and more people should do that for sure but the screenshots aren't guide worthy imo. I know quite a few good mages out there and I'm fairly sure none of them care about topping the charts as much as control as a mage (which can't really be shown in a ss). After looking at your recent guide I would still say take the scoreboards out (can keep the burst ss just as a small example) and I would also try adding just 1-2 more posts which you can ask yde or mia to do so it doesn't feel as clutterly.. Again, sry if I sounded bitchy but I laughed when I saw scoreboards and think it's more worthy of epeen threads or those kind of threads.

I care more about deaths than anything else. Some people like the screenshots, like the big numbers and there for might be inspired to roll mage. Even if one person looks at the scoreboard's and thinks yeah i want to do that then thats goal achieved. :D

Bump - just spent a lot of time adding in links to race's etc so that its easier for the user to read and understand.

I think those scoreboards are ok in the spoiler. They are just to shut those people up that say something like this:
huoGoor.png

Maybe add little tricks like: the instant respawn rats at farm can be used to charge up or keep your charges.

Sabzep @ Aerie Peak - Community - World of Warcraft

Edit:

Add http://www.wowhead.com/item=22710 for blood elves.

Last edited by a moderator:

I think those scoreboards are ok in the spoiler. They are just to shut those people up that say something like this:
huoGoor.png

Maybe add little tricks like: the instant respawn rats at farm can be used to charge up or keep your charges.

Sabzep @ Aerie Peak - Community - World of Warcraft

Edit:

Add Bloodthistle - Item - World of Warcraft for blood elves.

Added - apart from chicken's - will do that tomorrow. (love that trick except hate farm! >< )

P.S - What does everyone think about guide? (layout/content/mistakes) anything i'm missing or have done wrong?

I wanted to post my mage so everyone would know why warett is so bad. I got the muscle memory of a priest trying to mage. Think monkeys and footballs.

Users who are viewing this thread