Master Speedrun Thread, Submit Here!

You won’t get punished if you aren’t caught 5Head

I’m not getting caught, I’ve been cheating in all my runs and nobody figured it out. This isn’t ironic!

You won’t get punished if you aren’t caught 5Head

Exactly, don't get caught like Billy did!

Quick Q, does it count if that guy at 7:54 is you on another account pre starting the bird RP?
[doublepost=1675061785,1675061588][/doublepost]:KappaW:
[doublepost=1675062783][/doublepost]Super slow-mo has the time at 12:40.10 Marked as a G/(S?)

Last edited:
Exactly, don't get caught like Billy did!

Quick Q, does it count if that guy at 7:54 is you on another account pre starting the bird RP?
[doublepost=1675061785,1675061588][/doublepost]:KappaW:
[doublepost=1675062783][/doublepost]Super slow-mo has the time at 12:40.10 Marked as a G/(S?)
I started the bird on a different toon before starting the run, on the same account. This guy did it and his run was verified, I’m not getting help killing the bird so I don’t see why it should have any special tag.

The bird's hp wasn't full when you got to it. Since it was a required part to finish the run and started by another toon I did an (S?) marking.

I do not think you going onto another toon and pre starting an event required within the run counts as Solo.
if I missed this in the first exiles reach run im sorry. I would have made it clear back then.

I'm willing to hear an argument as to why it should be considered a solo.
[doublepost=1675071203,1675071069][/doublepost]ignore the billy cheating video that was coincidence

The bird's hp wasn't full when you got to it. Since it was a required part to finish the run and started by another toon I did an (S?) marking.

I do not think you going onto another toon and pre starting an event required within the run counts as Solo.
if I missed this in the first exiles reach run im sorry. I would have made it clear back then.

[doublepost=[URL='https://xpoff.com/tel:1675071203,1675071069']1675071203,1675071069[/URL]][/doublepost]ignore the billy cheating video that was coincidence
A solo speedrun is a speedrun without intentional outside help. A speedrun where you are in a party isn’t a solo speedrun. A speedrun where people are helping and communicating with you without technically being in a party is still not a solo speedrun, because you intentionally instructed a group of people to help you. I believe this definition is the best definition, as it perfectly encapsulates what I believe a true solo speedrun is while discarding everything else.

Following my definition, my speedrun is a solo speedrun. There is no intentional outside help, so therefore it was a solo speedrun. I simply prepared for my speedrun.

If my definition was wrong, what definition is right? Is getting any help at all a disqualification from a solo speedrun? If that was your definition, my first exiles reach wouldn’t be a solo speedrun. Any speedrun where a person kills a quest mob with you would also not be a solo speedrun, any speedrun where you are in a dungeon with other people wouldn’t be a solo speedrun, the point is there are an infinite amount of ways to get outside help. So, if you don’t want people to be forced to do speedruns on private servers by themselves in order to ensure no outside help, I think it’s pretty reasonable to say this definition is dumb. Personally, I would prefer if you could just play the game you are trying to speedrun in order to speedrun the game, but maybe that’s just me.

also, that part isn’t “an event required” for the run. And even if it is, why would that matter? It’s an event, you find a way to skip the event/shorten the event to decrease the time you spend completing the event.

[doublepost=1675071203,1675071069][/doublepost]ignore the billy cheating video that was coincidence

I mean, everyone does it this way.
Wow is an MMO, are we gonna DQ everyone who encounters a player?

You attempted a speedrun in public areas, not instanced content, within an MMORPG. You had the aid of ANOTHER body. which by definition means not solo. You began the run out of video. The same rules that apply to instance content apply to outside content. You cannot kill a boss or start RP for a dungeon on another toon then enter the dungeon(This is why we reset). Likewise you cant do the same in the overworld and have it be considered solo. Unless you didn't setup the bird and some joe-blow was there. Meaning you got good rng in the PUBLIC area you chose to route through. THIS IS THE BIG ISSUE HERE, the line is thin and gives some allowances. Now I know you are going to try to have it look more organic or use a homie. But that's where I ask you to be honest and you make a choice. The issue isn't your method it's the transparency of the run and the rankings therein. I and Speedrun.com didn't know what to do with it once we communicated. Was it solo was it not? We chose to make our own choices about the matter after taking more time to think about it. They are making their choice about your submission and I am making mine. You can ask speedrun.com what they think about the run. They didn't make a final choice last I talked to a mod about it. I am willing to give you a category of "A" for Assisted. This is not a solo run because you used 2 bodies. YOU organized another body to assist you. Outside of and out of view of the speedrunning toons timer. Therefore I cannot verify it as solo. if you want to run like this route we can make another category. Im more than willing. but if SOLO title or ranking is so precious to you that we cant work together than im sorry hun.

Yes, its "required" because you did it within the submission. If its not required then dont do it? In order for you to get this time you felt the need to do it therefore it was required for this specific routes time. if not required, again, just dont do it.

Transparency is key here, trust is given automatically until situations like this are met. I am not saying your cheating im saying your not being transparent if you use another toon to set a run up like this.
[doublepost=1675107164,1675106874][/doublepost]
I mean, everyone does it this way.
Wow is an MMO, are we gonna DQ everyone who encounters a player?
The use of 2 toons is not solo, it's assisted. An organic player you happen open in the open world can be considered good or bad rng depending on the "event" said rando started. But using 2 toons, 1 of which I have no timer or pov of, means imo its not solo. Im not DQ him, im offering him another category for the method used.

Last edited:
Big Lebowski Walter Warning To World Of Pain.gif

You attempted a speedrun in public areas, not instanced content, within an MMORPG. You had the aid of ANOTHER body. which by definition means not solo. You began the run out of video. The same rules that apply to instance content apply to outside content. You cannot kill a boss or start RP for a dungeon on another toon then enter the dungeon(This is why we reset). Likewise you cant do the same in the overworld and have it be considered solo. Unless you didn't setup the bird and some joe-blow was there. Meaning you got good rng in the PUBLIC area you chose to route through. THIS IS THE BIG ISSUE HERE, the line is thin and gives some allowances. Now I know you are going to try to have it look more organic or use a homie. But that's where I ask you to be honest and you make a choice. The issue isn't your method it's the transparency of the run and the rankings therein. I and Speedrun.com didn't know what to do with it once we communicated. Was it solo was it not? We chose to make our own choices about the matter after taking more time to think about it. They are making their choice about your submission and I am making mine. You can ask speedrun.com what they think about the run. They didn't make a final choice last I talked to a mod about it. I am willing to give you a category of "A" for Assisted. This is not a solo run because you used 2 bodies. YOU organized another body to assist you. Outside of and out of view of the speedrunning toons timer. Therefore I cannot verify it as solo. if you want to run like this route we can make another category. Im more than willing. but if SOLO title or ranking is so precious to you that we cant work together than im sorry hun.

Yes, its "required" because you did it within the submission. If its not required then dont do it? In order for you to get this time you felt the need to do it therefore it was required for this specific routes time. if not required, again, just dont do it.

Transparency is key here, trust is given automatically until situations like this are met. I am not saying your cheating im saying your not being transparent if you use another toon to set a run up like this.
[doublepost=[URL='https://xpoff.com/tel:1675107164,1675106874']1675107164,1675106874[/URL]][/doublepost]
The use of 2 toons is not solo, it's assisted. An organic player you happen open in the open world can be considered good or bad rng depending on the "event" said rando started. But using 2 toons, 1 of which I have no timer or pov of, means imo its not solo. Im not DQ him, im offering him another category for the method used.
Ah I see, your definition of solo means with no aid from other bodies. That’s cool, let’s extrapolate this definition into scenarios and see if this definition works in correctly identifying solo speed runs.

A: You are doing a quest in a speedrun, and you need to kill a quest boss. You go to kill it, and someone on the same quest helps you with killing the boss mob.
According to your definition, that would disqualify the run.

B: Before starting a 1-60 run, you mail your toon equipment and consumables to speed up the run.
According to your definition, this would be a assisted speedrun.

C: Somebody killed mobs before you and when you got there the mobs weren’t there.
According to your definition, this would not be a solo speedrun.

I didn’t begin the run before making the toon, the run starts when you move. What other time do you think the speedrun should start?

You’re right, when we do instanced speedruns we reset. But, that only works for instanced speedruns because you can’t restart the overworld. Because you can’t restart the overworld, the rules differ from instanced speedruns where you CAN restart the world. Rules for instanced speedruns shouldn’t apply to rules for overworld speedruns, because the paradigm is extremely different. The variables and scenarios that can occur are very different, instances are a controlled environment and the overworld is completely uncontrollable. Like I said before, the only way to enforce the rule is to force every speedrunner to speedrun on a private server where they can control the overworld. Until you enforce that, your definition of a solo speedrun is dumb.

My definition might allow some iffy situations that you might not believe are solo speedruns, but it’s one that realistic and sets the best standard for the most truthful solo speedruns. Your definition only works when the overworld is controllable, which is only possible on a solo private server.

How am I not being transparent by doing something that wasn’t uploaded? Would you apply to the same standards to somebody who doesn’t explicitly explain every trick they do, all addons they use (settings included), all macros they have, all the gear they use, all their preparations? I can send you the footage of me setting up the run if you’d like, but I don’t feel I need to since that would be horrid. Imagine having to explain everything you do before every speedrun lol, +5 minutes added to the time for no reason. A speedrun should just be a speedrun, and that’s it.

When you say something is required for a run, you are inferring that if you don’t do it the run is disqualified. If you didn’t mean this, you couldve said it’s “required” for the specific route you are running. That would make more sense.

You have to set concise rules and definitions, you can not disqualify runs just because you don’t like them. Set a definition of what a solo speedrun is, stick to it and we can argue over the definition. You can say “it’s not a solo speedrun!”, but that means nothing and adds nothing to the conversation. Argue with my points, prove my points wrong. Maybe the overworld is controllable in the main game, prove this stuff to me instead of just saying “no, it’s not a solo speedrun”.

Also, I didn’t use “2 bodies” in my speedrun. I only controlled my character, my character was not getting external help on my command. I prepared by starting an event before making the character, but I didn’t get any external help by my command in the run. Two completely separate instances in time, If you want to say this is two bodies helping each other then you would have to bite the bullet that is “anybody helping you disqualifies you from your run”. You can’t make a enforceable rule that both disqualifies me for starting an event, while also allowing other people to start the event before me. You can say to “not prepare for solo speedruns by doing things that would help the speedrun”, but then you would have to bite the bullet of saying “speedruns where you mail items to your toon aren’t solo speedruns”. Also, that rule wouldn’t be enforceable, because it’s impossible to know whether somebody starting an event was a person who did it on purpose for the run or was simply coincidence. Impossible.

I thought you said you were willing to hear an argument, but in the next breath you say you aren’t going to approve my run of being a solo speedrun without explaining why? Lol ok “hun”

Im heading out of town for the day so I wont be able to respond to any responses for awhile.
Stay safe!
:PepeHands: no argue :Sadge:

I said an aspect of mmorpg is that you can get organic help in the open world, That in my eyes is good rng. You manipulated the run by starting the event on another toon and said mobs health was lower than 100% when you reached it. how am I suppose to know if you took the mobs hp down before running away?

About transparency: AM I SUPPOSE TO REPLICATE ALL THINGS YOU DO IN A RUN TO VERIFY?
you not mentioning anything about what type of run it is outside of "1-10" doesn't start me off with an idea of what your trying to achieve other than "1-10". I watch at slow-mo and when I see your alt standing around part of your speedrun im left to think you aren't doing it solo. The burden of proof is on you not me. Im here to verify and rank accordingly. If you dont want to release all the methods used in your runs that's your choice. I agree it would be horrendous, but I would study what you gave me. but if you're going to use methods like this then I am going to place them as "A/S".

I am willing to have all mailbox, trades, pre quest loading, buffs, etc. be considered A/S as they are indeed assisted. I am even willing to remove the allowance on non self buffs for dungeon speedruns to even this rules playing field. I am willing to do the work to separate runs into more specific categories so THE COMMUNITY can see the affect of different approaches. Having 2 people in the same leaderboard but with 2 completely different approaches is a bit silly. A person who starts a toon and gets level 10 without the aid of another toon of their own control/influence is considered solo. otherwise its obviously assisted by a toon that isnt the speedrunner.

You want this to be solo, I understand that.
What if another player wants to do a run without the aid of another toon?
By your logic both are solo runs.
this will just leave a gap in the leaderboards which would better be explained by a "A/S" ranking of "Assisted/Solo"
Is the idea of an assisted solo that bad you can't take the offer?

I am going out of town today but since you want to play ball im willing to write a response while on the road.

don't taunt me bro, it's rude!

The answer to A. is highlighted in yellow in quote you responded to along with the white text sentence just before it. Organic interaction in an MMORPG is still considered solo in my eyes. You didn't organically interact with another toons actions. you forced the game field into a changed state on another toon.(started bird RP).
The answer to b. is yes. - im willing to adjust the rules for dungeon speedruns to fit this as well.
The answer to C. is also A.

the A/S speedrun started once you moved. The solo speedrun never started.

A/S is a thing I'm willing to do. I don't care if other mods of other speedrunning platforms want to allow you to have a solo run like this or not. This is my thread and I want people to have a clear distinctions between categories.

This is also the same logic behind F2P getting it's own category. But we don't have a problem with f2p and sub being in different leaderboard rankings do we? I do count f2p and sub as 2 different rankings for you guys. meaning if a sub got lets say 10:01 and a f2p got 10:01 they both got a first place ranking but of different categories and both earn a point in the weeks ranking. because they are noticeably in different camps in terms of the ease of access for their toons to reach the same status of power progression(gear, enchants, etc.). We respect the grind for 20s professions so much we gave them their own category. there is no other reason to not have f2p and sub be ranked separately. You guys asked for the separation not me. Now, im asking you for one.

Be willing to bend a bit, it's only for the sake of clarification in the leaderboard. Not to say your runs are not legit. I like your methods, very much, but will be placing it into a A/S. I know someone is going to cheat and attempt to game the integrity of the community. I am seeking to have separate categories to help narrow down any future possible infractions to the rules/categories. This thread by no means is in a finished state and as such needs to evolve to better encompass the methods of wow speedrunning in general. I am willing to have as many categories as it takes so people can have clear distinctions in methods. It is my understanding that most speedran games are solo and in such are far easier to verify. Given the 10 plates of noodles that is wow code I have an uphill battle in verification. Given that you guys don't release information on exploits or "secrets" in general I have to assume all I see is all I get. I see another toon in our run that started the event and you even stated it was you. So it is an A/S. take it or leave it.
[doublepost=1675121289,1675118223][/doublepost]I added A/S category and a spoiler for exceptions. Evolving the thread is my jam. Sure hope everyone is okay with my rule changes :)...

d2f.gif

I said an aspect of mmorpg is that you can get organic help in the open world, That in my eyes is good rng. You manipulated the run by starting the event on another toon and said mobs health was lower than 100% when you reached it. how am I suppose to know if you took the mobs hp down before running away?

About transparency: AM I SUPPOSE TO REPLICATE ALL THINGS YOU DO IN A RUN TO VERIFY?
you not mentioning anything about what type of run it is outside of "1-10" doesn't start me off with an idea of what your trying to achieve other than "1-10". I watch at slow-mo and when I see your alt standing around part of your speedrun im left to think you aren't doing it solo. The burden of proof is on you not me. Im here to verify and rank accordingly. If you dont want to release all the methods used in your runs that's your choice. I agree it would be horrendous, but I would study what you gave me. but if you're going to use methods like this then I am going to place them as "A/S".

I am willing to have all mailbox, trades, pre quest loading, buffs, etc. be considered A/S as they are indeed assisted. I am even willing to remove the allowance on non self buffs for dungeon speedruns to even this rules playing field. I am willing to do the work to separate runs into more specific categories so THE COMMUNITY can see the affect of different approaches. Having 2 people in the same leaderboard but with 2 completely different approaches is a bit silly. A person who starts a toon and gets level 10 without the aid of another toon of their own control/influence is considered solo. otherwise its obviously assisted by a toon that isnt the speedrunner.

You want this to be solo, I understand that.
What if another player wants to do a run without the aid of another toon?
By your logic both are solo runs.
this will just leave a gap in the leaderboards which would better be explained by a "A/S" ranking of "Assisted/Solo"
Is the idea of an assisted solo that bad you can't take the offer?

I am going out of town today but since you want to play ball im willing to write a response while on the road.

don't taunt me bro, it's rude!

The answer to A. is highlighted in yellow in quote you responded to along with the white text sentence just before it. Organic interaction in an MMORPG is still considered solo in my eyes. You didn't organically interact with another toons actions. you forced the game field into a changed state on another toon.(started bird RP).
The answer to b. is yes. - im willing to adjust the rules for dungeon speedruns to fit this as well.
The answer to C. is also A.

the A/S speedrun started once you moved. The solo speedrun never started.

A/S is a thing I'm willing to do. I don't care if other mods of other speedrunning platforms want to allow you to have a solo run like this or not. This is my thread and I want people to have a clear distinctions between categories.

This is also the same logic behind F2P getting it's own category. But we don't have a problem with f2p and sub being in different leaderboard rankings do we? I do count f2p and sub as 2 different rankings for you guys. meaning if a sub got lets say 10:01 and a f2p got 10:01 they both got a first place ranking but of different categories and both earn a point in the weeks ranking. because they are noticeably in different camps in terms of the ease of access for their toons to reach the same status of power progression(gear, enchants, etc.). We respect the grind for 20s professions so much we gave them their own category. there is no other reason to not have f2p and sub be ranked separately. You guys asked for the separation not me. Now, im asking you for one.

Be willing to bend a bit, it's only for the sake of clarification in the leaderboard. Not to say your runs are not legit. I like your methods, very much, but will be placing it into a A/S. I know someone is going to cheat and attempt to game the integrity of the community. I am seeking to have separate categories to help narrow down any future possible infractions to the rules/categories. This thread by no means is in a finished state and as such needs to evolve to better encompass the methods of wow speedrunning in general. I am willing to have as many categories as it takes so people can have clear distinctions in methods. It is my understanding that most speedran games are solo and in such are far easier to verify. Given the 10 plates of noodles that is wow code I have an uphill battle in verification. Given that you guys don't release information on exploits or "secrets" in general I have to assume all I see is all I get. I see another toon in our run that started the event and you even stated it was you. So it is an A/S. take it or leave it.
bro, I didn't start the event when I was heading over there. I didn't have a toon at the bird attacking it, I started the boss event and logged out. the health went to 85% from the nps attacking it, I didn't attack the boss with my alt before getting there (that would be assisted speedrunning/not solo/not allowed on speedrun.com) anybody can reproduce what I did. there is no "alt standing around", youre just making shit up for the sake of your argument. there was no person that was helping me on my command, I was not helping myself on an alt. if I was killing the boss dual-boxing then it would be an assisted speedrun, but I didnt dual box.

the run where you don't start the boss event and the run where you do start the boss event before the run are both solo runs, one is just faster than the other. they are both different methods, one method is faster therefore I use that method. people can have different methods while being under the same category, run routes for a specific goal should all be contained within that specific goal. if a person wants to run the category without doing the best strats there are, let them forever be stuck at last place. its their own fault for not doing the fastest strategy. they shouldnt be put in a place where theyre first so they can feel better, they should compete with everyone else. there is no "gap" here, both runs are within the same category within the same playing field.

would you say that a 1-10 run using heirlooms without using mail is an assisted speedrun because they didnt get the heirlooms themselves in the run? a different toon got the heirlooms they needed, so according to you it would be an assisted speedrun.

"dont taunt me, its rude!"
https://i.imgur.com/OQD11Ly.png
you were the one that taunted me, saying the solo tag must be soooo important to me and that you wont give it to me "hun".

how is me killing a boss bird not organic? there was no cheats/tricks i used to kill the bird, i just killed the boss bird and moved onto the rest of the run. and if its not organic because I started it on another toon, whats the difference to if I started it and if someone else started it? would you say a run where someone started the bird rp while you were there was assisted and not a solo run?
the result of me starting it is actually worse than if someone else started it "organically", as the other person would help me in fighting the mob. the skip is for consistency, if you disallow this skip people would just be restarting runs over and over until somebody else starts the boss rp for the time save. it wouldnt go how you think it would, where everyone just starts doing bird rp lol.

does a run being assisted disqualify it from being solo? if it doesnt then there is no problem here. heirlooms = assisted, mailing = assisted, etc etc. but what you said was assisted speedruns are not solo speedruns.

"This is also the same logic behind F2P getting it's own category. But we don't have a problem with f2p and sub being in different leaderboard rankings do we? I do count f2p and sub as 2 different rankings for you guys. meaning if a sub got lets say 10:01 and a f2p got 10:01 they both got a first place ranking but of different categories and both earn a point in the weeks ranking. because they are noticeably in different camps in terms of the ease of access for their toons to reach the same status of power progression(gear, enchants, etc.). We respect the grind for 20s professions so much we gave them their own category. there is no other reason to not have f2p and sub be ranked separately. You guys asked for the separation not me. Now, im asking you for one."
this is not the same logic behind f2p getting its own category. the skip I used can be used by everybody who does the speedrun, the skip I used has been used by other people who do the speedrun. the reason f2ps have their own category is because f2ps and vets have lots of differences. there is no difference from billy and bob if one decides to do bird skip and one does not. they could both do bird skip, or neither could do bird skip.

you can put it in assisted, but I am not going to change my mind on if it should be there because you are. it isn't an assisted speedrun, nobody assisted me in the speedrun. I did everything myself, and even if someone assisted me it wasnt on my volition.

"dont taunt me, its rude!"
https://i.imgur.com/OQD11Ly.png
you were the one that taunted me, saying the solo tag must be soooo important to me and that you wont give it to me "hun".
I used an affectation to ease the tension. sorry mate
[doublepost=1675124625,1675122262][/doublepost]
would you say that a 1-10 run using heirlooms without using mail is an assisted speedrun because they didn't get the heirlooms themselves in the run? a different toon got the heirlooms they needed, so according to you it would be an assisted speedrun.
if you want to I can add looms to the exception since in theory yes it is assisted but since it is not mail, trade or quest manipulation and only results in a dps increase as well as the allowance of the mount I will allow it. do you want me to have it be considered assisted?

(that would be assisted speedrunning/not solo/not allowed on speedrun.com)
is this speedrun.com?

how is me killing a boss bird not organic? there was no cheats/tricks
you manipulated the quest before hand so that before you got to it the time would be shortened and the hp would be lowered. Sounds like a trick to me, and the entire reason I marked it as A/S. If you don't like my rankings and logic behind wanting the community to see at a glance the leaderboard differences than to bad!

if you disallow this skip people would just be restarting runs over and over until somebody else starts the boss rp for the time save. it wouldnt go how you think it would, where everyone just starts doing bird rp lol.
Im not disallowing anything im making room for you to do this and it be categorizes the way I WANT this thread to be. I WANT this thread to show within a categories abbreviations noticeable differences when you open a spoiler. THIS IS WHY I have it so all of a specific dungeons runs are in the same spoiler and not separated by anything other than legacy or not. You have your section for your run. Im separating the runs based methods used via these category abbreviations nothing more nothing less. Your method is a A/S, in so it allows everyone to see the difference between that method and lets say one not using that method.

The purpose of this speedrun Thread is to show what the toon in the video is capable of. you are not capable of starting the bird on your own beforehand unless you assist yourself or organically get lucky. which you did manipulate, so I marked it as A/S. your run is welcome because we all learn from anything and everything.

the truth is all our runs are assisted cause we use addons... but we make a effort to discern a difference because of the value of them. Likewise I am also willing to give looms a pass cause of their inherent value and accessibility to ALL in the community.

idk how many times I have to say organic interactions are considered good rng imo, likewise the opposite.

but if SOLO title or ranking is so precious to you that we cant work together than im sorry hun.
well yes, because then I would be sorry we couldn't work together...?! I have plans for this thread that exceed yours im sorry you have yet to understand what im trying to do. maybe more communication can help us understand each other more.

Last edited:
I used an affectation to ease the tension. sorry mate
[doublepost=1675124625,1675122262][/doublepost] if you want to I can add looms to the exception since in theory yes it is assisted but since it is not mail, trade or quest manipulation and only results in a dps increase as well as the allowance of the mount I will allow it. do you want me to have it be considered assisted?

is this speedrun.com?

you manipulated the quest before hand so that before you got to it the time would be shortened and the hp would be lowered. Sounds like a trick to me, and the entire reason I marked it as A/S. If you don't like my rankings and logic behind wanting the community to see at a glance the leaderboard differences than to bad!

Im not disallowing anything im making room for you to do this and it be categorizes the way I WANT this thread to be. I WANT this thread to show within a categories abbreviations noticeable differences when you open a spoiler. THIS IS WHY I have it so all of a specific dungeons runs are in the same spoiler and not separated by anything other than legacy or not. You have your section for your run. Im separating the runs based methods used via these category abbreviations nothing more nothing less. Your method is a A/S, in so it allows everyone to see the difference between that method and lets say one not using that method.

The purpose of this speedrun Thread is to show what the toon in the video is capable of. you are not capable of starting the bird on your own beforehand unless you assist yourself. which you did, so A/S your run is welcome because we all learn from anything and everything.

the truth is all our runs are assisted cause we use addons... but we make a effort to discern a difference because of the value of them. Likewise I am also willing to give looms a pass cause of their inherent value and accessibility to ALL in the community.

idk how many times I have to say organic interactions are considered good rng imo, likewise the opposite.

well yes, because then I would be sorry we couldn't work together...?! I have plans for this thread that exceed yours im sorry you have yet to understand what im trying to do. maybe more communication can help us understand each other more.
"if you want to I can add looms to the exception since in theory yes it is assisted but since it is not mail, trade or quest manipulation and only results in a dps increase as well as the allowance of the mount I will allow it. do you want me to have it be considered assisted?"
a solo speedrun with heirlooms is still a solo speedrun. if your logic states that a solo speedrun with heirlooms isnt a solo speedrun then your logic would be wrong. if you think a solo speedrun with heirlooms is an assisted speedrun, please explain why.

"is this speedrun.com?"
i was responding to you saying you saw my alt in the speedrun?? but when you look at the footage i sent it shows that i had no alt and just started the rp before the run??

"you manipulated the quest before hand so that before you got to it the time would be shortened and the hp would be lowered. Sounds like a trick to me, and the entire reason I marked it as A/S. If you don't like my rankings and logic behind wanting the community to see at a glance the leaderboard differences than to bad!"
too*
manipulating quests isnt a reason to mark something as not a solo speedrun. you seem like the type of person who scoffs at speedrunners who use glitches to get the best time they can lmao. yes, i manipulated the quest so i could get a faster time, thats what speedrunning is. you do what you can to get to a certain goal in the fastest time possible. would you say pulling quest mobs before getting the quest and killing them all with aoe after you get the quest would be an assisted speedrun? you manipulated the quest, you werent supposed to kill all the mobs instantly. what about quest skips? What if you do a quest and you skip part of the quest? would it be an assisted speedrun because you skipped part of the quest?

"Im not disallowing anything im making room for you to do this and it be categorizes the way I WANT this thread to be. I WANT this thread to show within a categories abbreviations noticeable differences when you open a spoiler. THIS IS WHY I have it so all of a specific dungeons runs are in the same spoiler and not separated by anything other than legacy or not. You have your section for your run. Im separating the runs based methods used via these category abbreviations nothing more nothing less. Your method is a A/S, in so it allows everyone to see the difference between that method and lets say one not using that method.

The purpose of this speedrun Thread is to show what the toon in the video is capable of. you are not capable of starting the bird on your own beforehand unless you assist yourself. which you did, so A/S your run is welcome because we all learn from anything and everything.

"
you can have an assisted category, I simply believe that my run shouldn't be in the assisted category. you can throw a fit and throw your weight around as the op of the thread, but I don't care. I'm still going to express my opinion, you aren't going to stop me by saying you won't change what I want changed.

"well yes, because then I would be sorry we couldn't work together...?! I have plans for this thread that exceed yours im sorry you have yet to understand what im trying to do. maybe more communication can help us understand each other more."

just answer these questions. what constitutes a solo speedrun, and what constitutes a assisted speedrun? if a run is an assisted speedrun, could it also be a solo speedrun? why does quest manipulation from another toon before the run constitute a assisted speedrun?
please don't just answer with "i think it is" or "it is because it is"

I really like the vid^ good touch, made me laugh hard and I scared my driver.

A solo speedrun is when the speedrunner uses 1 toon only to start and finish the runs goals.
A Solo speedrun in the overworld can be assisted organically by a player/npc just happening upon you and still be considered solo.
I want to allow for good and bad rng in the S category for overworld runs through possible positive and negative organic interactions.
A assisted speedrun is one which has more than 1 toon aid in completion of goals.
Manipulates quests on an alt is the same as a TAS run imo. Tool in this case being the runners 2nd toon.
Quest manipulation requires more than 1 toon, See above^

could you make the perfect looking assisted speedrun so it appears as a solo, sure. But fake clout only builds false esteem so I advice against it. Also it won't help my intended goal for the thread.

Im trying to get a snapshot of the current state of twinking. This thread is for the speedrun aspect and the Tier list is for boosting/low level. Im trying to make the community smarter by giving them a super long legacy thread or two in which we can backlog to test, learn, reminisce, and more. I have to organize it into specific methods/specs in order to help futureproof quick spoiler navigation. I apologies if this goal doesn't jive with anyone else'.

Solo / Skip / G (Gnomeregan 1:25)

Solo / Skip (Freehold 1:33)

I really like the vid^ good touch, made me laugh hard and I scared my driver.

A solo speedrun is when the speedrunner uses 1 toon only to start and finish the runs goals.
A Solo speedrun in the overworld can be assisted organically by a player/npc just happening upon you and still be considered solo.
I want to allow for good and bad rng in the S category for overworld runs through possible positive and negative organic interactions.
A assisted speedrun is one which has more than 1 toon aid in completion of goals.
Manipulates quests on an alt is the same as a TAS run imo. Tool in this case being the runners 2nd toon.
Quest manipulation requires more than 1 toon, See above^

could you make the perfect looking assisted speedrun so it appears as a solo, sure. But fake clout only builds false esteem so I advice against it. Also it won't help my intended goal for the thread.

Im trying to get a snapshot of the current state of twinking. This thread is for the speedrun aspect and the Tier list is for boosting/low level. Im trying to make the community smarter by giving them a super long legacy thread or two in which we can backlog to test, learn, reminisce, and more. I have to organize it into specific methods/specs in order to help futureproof quick spoiler navigation. I apologies if this goal doesn't jive with anyone else'.
by your logic, my speedrun would be a solo speedrun. 1 toon only to start and finish, nobody helped me for the run. quest manipulation doesn't require more than one toon, there are quests you can manipulate to finish faster on one toon.

how is starting an event on one toon then starting a run on a different toon using two toons in the speedrun? they are both separate instances in time. what I could see an assisted speedrun being is if you started the rp on your alt while you were on the flying thing, doing nothing. but I didn't do that.

you can allow good and bad rng in the solo category through organic interactions while also allowing bird skip. when you start the bird skip, somebody could kill your bird and you would have to restart the run. bad rng. when you get to the bird, someone mightve gotten there with you and helps you with the bird. good rng.
[doublepost=1675133076,1675132694][/doublepost]

Solo / Skip / G (Gnomeregan 1:25)

Solo / Skip (Freehold 1:33)
good runs :)

how is starting an event on one toon then starting a run on a different toon using two toons?
...1+1=2 you can't add those together and hand it to me and expect me to count 1. Since this is not an exploit it cant receive a G, since it is a SKIP I could add skip to the ranking. However it would still be an A/S due to you using another toon.

what I could see an assisted speedrun being is if you started the rp on your alt while you were on the flying thing, doing nothing. but I didn't do that.
It's irrelevant when you started the alts actions. I care about the game field being manipulated by a toon other than the speedrunning toon, not when. The "Speedrunning instance" is the run submitted and you took actions outside of that "Speedrun Instance", Therefore it is A/S.

The rules are evolving to deal with what is being submitted on a per submission basis, be patient please. Bridges are met and dealt with one at a time. Sure quest manipulation can be a solo thing. Under the context of recent changes/convo you should infer that it has to do with you using another toon or asking a friend for help. I will adjust the A/S rules for better clarification.

you can allow good and bad rng in the solo category through organic interactions while also allowing bird skip. when you start the bird skip, somebody could kill your bird and you would have to restart the run. bad rng.
You wont be submitting these runs so I don't get your point... I read a non-statement in that. Yeah im sure you might have needed to reset some runs cause some exiles reach quester killed the bird. If you want to submit failed bird skips your more than welcome. not sure why you would post it unless it somehow ended up being a pb. Which by nature of this run/skip I highly doubt.

Users who are viewing this thread