Mage Specs

I mean, i died, but we won, and I had the most KB's. Straight up I cant remember if we were farming or not because this was before farming was a mean thing to do, but if you look at it, they did almost as much killing as we did kinda? haha

Also, umm this was before i was geared at all obviously... haha

Anyways im just here to say that the mage specs are all a ton of fun, but if you are just looking for the absolute best, might as well go arcane.

why would someone not think that screenshots mean something....? the screenshots i provide are actual data that come from actual games that have actually been played. i don't need some retarded, incorrectly derived theorycraft to convince people that i'm right. all i need to do is show them real facts and real results that come from real games

when someone else can come up with actual data from actual games that indicates something other than 20 arcane mages doing completely absurd amounts of damage, even against hunters, and frost mages able to cast frostbolt against 9 hunters and do anywhere remotely comparable to those levels of damage, i'll start to take their argument(s) seriously

Ignorance then... and continue to miss the point as usual.

Arcane gives more damage obviously. Which is why I stated what I did in the first post.

Which is why I only feature arcane in my rolling over 24s video. In no other way is it worth anything. Might as well play a hunter imo.

Arcane gives more damage obviously. Which is why I stated what I did in the first post.

Which is why I only feature arcane in my rolling over 24s video. In no other way is it worth anything. Might as well play a hunter imo.

are you secretly parfait in disguise? i've never seen such a string of dumb statements in my life. the ONLY thing that frost has unique as opposed to arcane is a pet nova once every 25 seconds. that is it. one spell, every 25 seconds. no, your 1 second root that DRs frost nova and is finished before your GCD completes does not count

so basically you "might as well play a hunter" if you want to play an arcane mage, but frost mages are totally different, with their.....grand total of 1 ability that is unique from arcane mages, that you can use once every 25 seconds. seriously, parfait, is that you? welcome back, buddy!

are you secretly parfait in disguise? i've never seen such a string of dumb statements in my life. the ONLY thing that frost has unique as opposed to arcane is a pet nova once every 25 seconds. that is it. one spell, every 25 seconds. no, your 1 second root that DRs frost nova and is finished before your GCD completes does not count

so basically you "might as well play a hunter" if you want to play an arcane mage, but frost mages are totally different, with their.....grand total of 1 ability that is unique from arcane mages, that you can use once every 25 seconds. seriously, parfait, is that you? welcome back, buddy!

While your reading disability is tragic, it neither concerns me nor the ppl that are interested in mage specs. This is a thread about mage specs. This isn't another "C O T U S" opinion thread.

While your reading disability is tragic, it neither concerns me nor the ppl that are interested in mage specs. This is a thread about mage specs. This isn't another "C O T U S" opinion thread.

you're the one who gave an "opinion" - that arcane mages "aren't worth anything" other than doing damage, and that you "might as well play a hunter", two of the dumbest opinions i've seen in a long time (what do hunters have to do with anything here?? lmao. hurr durr my 20 warrior doesn't have intercept, might as well play a hunter!!1)

i've presented only facts, including screenshots from actual games showing how effective arcane is (i've got a whole folder full of ones that look just like it)

there are actual arguments, based on actual facts, for why someone wouldn't spec arcane - for example, shau has pointed out that a huge percentage of horde players are bloodelves, and so he finds that he has to spec frost in order to work around the ridiculous resist mechanics at this level. this is a great point, and i'd probably do the same thing if i had an alliance mage

you're just too whiny and too lazy to deal with actual facts, and instead just want to complain about hunters and feel good about yourself because you can spec frost and manage to barely be effective against complete noobs. go right ahead - i'll still be completely dominating battlegrounds, hunters or not, and having a blast doing it

you're the one who gave an "opinion" - that arcane mages "aren't worth anything" other than doing damage, and that you "might as well play a hunter", two of the dumbest opinions i've seen in a long time (what do hunters have to do with anything here?? lmao. hurr durr my 20 warrior doesn't have intercept, might as well play a hunter!!1)

i've presented only facts, including screenshots from actual games showing how effective arcane is (i've got a whole folder full of ones that look just like it)

there are actual arguments, based on actual facts, for why someone wouldn't spec arcane - for example, shau has pointed out that a huge percentage of horde players are bloodelves, and so he finds that he has to spec frost in order to work around the ridiculous resist mechanics at this level. this is a great point, and i'd probably do the same thing if i had an alliance mage

you're just too whiny and too lazy to deal with actual facts, and instead just want to complain about hunters and feel good about yourself because you can spec frost and manage to barely be effective against complete noobs. go right ahead - i'll still be completely dominating battlegrounds, hunters or not, and having a blast doing it

If you spent at least as much time attempting to understand as you do voicing your own opinion you may learn something.

Arcane mages are the same thing as hunters only much squishier and with less initial burst (and no pet), but more mobility, more control, and most importantly - imp counterspell.

Also continue to miss the point. I'm not even sure that reason is a possible tool here. Because well:

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem is you probably can't even tell I'm not arguing. Everything was already stated [post=360438]here[/post] which answers the OP's question... "what is the use of each spec?"

http://www.wowhead.com/item=60734

Awww shit, son, how you gonna compete with that thing as arcane? All those poly's and blanket CS's gonna get resisted cause your dumbass is arcane.

Looks like your argument was just...SHATTERED!

PS Because mod's didn't catch it in my last topic that was intended as friendly recognition, I am agreeing with Cotus under the guise of sarcasm.

why would someone not think that screenshots mean something....? the screenshots i provide are actual data that come from actual games that have actually been played. i don't need some retarded, incorrectly derived theorycraft to convince people that i'm right. all i need to do is show them real facts and real results that come from real games

when someone else can come up with actual data from actual games that indicates something other than 20 arcane mages doing completely absurd amounts of damage, even against hunters, and frost mages able to cast frostbolt against 9 hunters and do anywhere remotely comparable to those levels of damage, i'll start to take their argument(s) seriously

It makes sense to me now! Obviously the best test of the skill of a mage/viability of its spec is its damage against *9* hunters in warsong gulch! But of course!

CoC doesn't DR with frost nova because CoC is considered a random proc snare whereas frost nova is a controlled snare.

While I'm very happy that you learned how to press arcane blast, frost brings a lot of much needed utility. That's kinda the point everyone is trying to make.

CoC doesn't DR with frost nova because CoC is considered a random proc snare whereas frost nova is a controlled snare.

While I'm very happy that you learned how to press arcane blast, frost brings a lot of much needed utility. That's kinda the point everyone is trying to make.

one extra nova every 25 seconds on a pet that can be killed in 2 GCDs

BRINGIN ALL DAT NEEDED UTILITY

Users who are viewing this thread