Level 1 Raiding in 3.2

I can't wait to get 3.2 downloaded :D. Gonna attempt a 2 man hogger with my partner in crime >:3.

@Fisherman, of course level 1 guilds are still active :D

maybe 1's can do "cave raids"? caves are similar to instances, some of them even have named mobs.

In the instance there are no named mobs, the goal could be picking up a treasure chest or everyone making it to a certain mining node deep inside whichever cave.

I know a really big one in mulgore that doesnt use the standard cave skin, its pretty interesting to look at but im pressed to think of a good goal point inside :/

Grunge said:
maybe 1's can do "cave raids"? caves are similar to instances, some of them even have named mobs.

In the instance there are no named mobs, the goal could be picking up a treasure chest or everyone making it to a certain mining node deep inside whichever cave.

I know a really big one in mulgore that doesnt use the standard cave skin, its pretty interesting to look at but im pressed to think of a good goal point inside :/

That has got to be the most... GENIUS idea I have read today.

LeChango said:
As for the 25+ man, if anyone can hold aggro and not get 1-2 shot it is entirely possible. Almost half the raid could be composed of spam heals coordinated to switch off when each other go oom.

Fozruk is most likely doable. From what I've read about him, he got completely nerfed in 3.0.x, and now is so weak that I wouldn't be surprised if a 5-man 19 team could take him out.

@grunge

I needz to grab all mai lvl 1 friends and go do some "caving". This is really an awsome idea.

I think he might be talking about the Venture Co. cave. If i can find a map of Mulgore i will point it out.

cooperation said:
Fozruk is most likely doable. From what I've read about him, he got completely nerfed in 3.0.x, and now is so weak that I wouldn't be surprised if a 5-man 19 team could take him out.

Damage taken is not really an obstacle, with 2x agm you can rock about 700 HP, the real problem is landing hits on the mob, almost every white attack misses (or hits for 1 damage) and a very high percentage of yellows are parried/dodged/missed. I don't think there's any class that will be able to do enough damage on a 20+ mob to last before the healers oom.

Basically, every class that COULD wear Shadowcraft Tunic (+1 hit) would have to, and +5 hit rating to boots would be imperative as well. Expertise, unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about at level 1. Remember though that you could very well have, say, 20 healers, and 4 hunters with +30 haste shooting once every millisecond, and then one warrior tank.

cooperation said:
Basically, every class that COULD wear Shadowcraft Tunic (+1 hit) would have to, and +5 hit rating to boots would be imperative as well. Expertise, unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about at level 1. Remember though that you could very well have, say, 20 healers, and 4 hunters with +30 haste shooting once every millisecond, and then one warrior tank.

Explain to me how a warrior tank is going to keep aggro after the initial hunter arrow shot. It's not plausible.

I just gave Sand Shark an attempt, with my rogue and hunter friends. Seemed quite easy.

We wiped though, hunter agroed, he was not standing in the water so the shark resat @600 health, then we got him down to 400, hunter dead. Together that's 200hp. Then the rogue ran to the shores to 1st aid...Obviously he didn't see what happend with the hunter so it resat again. We just gave up at that point. But I was @800hp with the midsummer buff and the hunter was around the corner as ghost. So I'm pretty sure we could've 3 manned that one quite easy, if it it wasn't for the errors.

Brutessa said:
I'd be happy to make a lvl one of any class to help out, though I wouldn't be transfering anything.

el oh el .

just a thought that popped in my head from the old days of cleric tanking: why not healer tanks? healing generates aggro and you don't have to worry about miss rate. It may be possible the 1/2 agro reduction on heals will be offset by a traditional tank's huge miss rate.

of course there are the issues of mana management to work on before its even worth testing, but it may be something to think about. a Pally or shaman (2 most viable because of shield) spam healing themselves may be able to generate more agro than a traditional heroic strike spammer.

nokaoi said:
just a thought that popped in my head from the old days of cleric tanking: why not healer tanks? healing generates aggro and you don't have to worry about miss rate. It may be possible the 1/2 agro reduction on heals will be offset by a traditional tank's huge miss rate.

of course there are the issues of mana management to work on before its even worth testing, but it may be something to think about. a Pally or shaman (2 most viable because of shield) spam healing themselves may be able to generate more agro than a traditional heroic strike spammer.

Face it, you cant be both.

iaccidentallytwink said:
Explain to me how a warrior tank is going to keep aggro after the initial hunter arrow shot. It's not plausible.

So, rogue then? Someone brought up that idea because of their two instant attacks.

nokaoi said:

I really like this idea but don't know if it will work, definitely worth testing out. I haven't tested a hunter, but I'm almost sure this would out threat a warrior or rogue considering the huge miss rate. If this works out I'd say just have the majority of the raid "healer tanks" and have them plan to pull threat off each other when the others oom. Multiple targets would be handled with separate groups.

nokaoi said:

Paladin has better heals, better agro.

And also why do people tend to think that shield is so almighty at lvl 1? 2h warrior beats the crap out of sword and board warriors. Also the furbolg pouch beats shield with eaz. Armor against higher lvls doesn't change much.

But your healing idea is good, pala will be your best bet probably, draenei for the HoT as well. Draenei = by far best healer as I see it.

Boglund said:
Paladin has better heals, better agro.

And also why do people tend to think that shield is so almighty at lvl 1? 2h warrior beats the crap out of sword and board warriors. Also the furbolg pouch beats shield with eaz. Armor against higher lvls doesn't change much.

But your healing idea is good, pala will be your best bet probably, draenei for the HoT as well. Draenei = by far best healer as I see it.

For hogger at least I would say the armor on the shield (and +7 stam ofc) is almost substitutable for a medicine pouch. I know losing 3 stam is a considerable amount at level 1, but is it really worth the time grinding for a medicine pouch?

Users who are viewing this thread