So I just wanted to confirm what has happened here, but go a step further.

I was running my character through Old Hillsbrad and left it at Epoch Hunter spawn. My high level was getting double loot while the other was out of range. So I think that as long as you are out of range, it should give double loot.

Has anyone tested with more than 2 people?

Yeah, only two drops per boss.

edit- ideally if you cant two-man at twink level you want 2 same-level twinks and a high level runner. Sometimes your runner will be the odd one out and you can trade between the other two. Worth having even a non-twink at the right level just to get 2 chances at useable drops every boss.

edit- ideally if you cant two-man at twink level you want 2 same-level twinks and a high level runner. Sometimes your runner will be the odd one out and you can trade between the other two. Worth having even a non-twink at the right level just to get 2 chances at useable drops every boss.
I will confirm this. Boosted my 10 Pally with my 50 in Ramps and loot was dropping like Britney Spears' panties. Duo'd it with my 10 Hunter and 10 Shammy (for Mail trades) and barely anything dropped.

Worth noting that legion might not be legacy-loot yet, pretty sure only 1 drop for those. Just ran some last week and cant remember 100% but pretty sure. WoD drops 2 tho. I guess legion becomes legacy on launch day? Isnt it 2 xpacs behind current marks an xpac as "legacy"?

Duo'd it with my 10 Hunter and 10 Shammy (for Mail trades)

I try to mix the armor types or i feel like i need twice the loot. XD

Most recent was priest and hunter and got almost no cloth drops, but hunter got tons of mail out of it. If it was two priests I'd feel like crap getting nothing on two toons.

Yes, particularly if the second one can be a healer.

For example, I had no problem soloing on my healing toons because I can win all wars of attrition, but I imagine soloing Epoch Hunter would be more difficult on a mage, for example.

legacy loot is when you are 11 levels higher than the content. pre squish at 120, legion raids would not be legacy loot cos its exactly 10 levels below. im actually not sure if legion normal dungeons were legacy loot, since they unlock at a lower level but scaled up. but one thing is for certain is that legacy loot wont be available if you dont bring a higher level toon.

post squish at 50, legion raids are 5 levels below and wod raids are 10 levels below. im not sure how it affects dungeons due to all the different scaling. when shadowlands is released, at level 60, bfa raids will be 10 levels below, so they probably wont change the level difference to 5, which means that anyone who doesnt purchase shadowlands will not get legacy loot from wod raids (i think, correct me if im wrong)
[doublepost=1603597148,1603595384][/doublepost]after some searching, it seems they enabled legacy loot for legion raids partway through bfa. im not sure if they changed the legacy loot level to 10 levels below instead of 11, or they made it available specifically for legion raids (meaning legion dungeons are not affected). im really not sure what they have done with legacy loot for prepatch

Another "trick" that may or may not have been mentioned (three pages too stronk) is to duo with a same/similar spec via personal loot to reduce the number of potential loot drops for a particular boss, longer clears but maybe fewer.

For example today I used it for 3 items from TBC for a new warrior project, https://www.wowhead.com/item=27986/crow-wing-reaper?bonus=6710 https://www.wowhead.com/item=25942/faith-bearers-gauntlets?bonus=6710 and https://www.wowhead.com/item=27408/hope-bearer-helm?bonus=6710

Setting loot spec to arms via PL limited the number of possible drops to 2-3 as opposed to like 11 in legacy. Duo with a paladin with loot spec to ret, they have about the same 2-3 loot items possible to drop. Trade after kill (if you're subbed).

I actually did it with a level 15 prot pally to solo the instance/boss with my warrior in tow. As both were unsubbed accounts neither could trade anyway so the level difference was irrelevant. If you plan on trading then both need to be 20.

TBC loot is different than legion/bfa, however, in that much more loot drops whether it be legacy or personal loot.

edit- looks like i probably already said it in this thread, lol, but good to repeat for visibility.

EDIT 2: Seems this doesn't actually work. Sometimes you get two loots, but sometimes you get just one. Sorry for the noise.

-----------------------------

I discovered a variation of this trick that allows the booster to get the boss to low HP...

BOOSTER:
1) Clear up to boss
2) leave party and get naked (to avoid one-shotting boss)
3) get boss to low HP and stop attacking
4) Alt+F4 to exit the application (or double-click the W icon in top left in windows mode)
TWINK(s):
5) Tag boss but don't kill yet
6) Wait for booster to disappear from instance
7) Kill boss
8) Profit (should get two loots for twinks)

Finally, the booster can log back in and get invited back to party (or run/teleport out and reset).

EDIT: So it's worth mentioning I did this with two twinks in the group. It seems with just one twink in the group I'm only able to get a single drop with this method.

Last edited:
I was under the impression that anyone tagging the boss was still on the loot table even after exiting the group. Not so?
EDIT: Ah, this doesn't seem to work every time. I must've been lucky earlier as I just got one loot the past two attempts.

Last edited:
It's automatic when there's a high enough level in the party. Cant turn it on or off.

Expect i guess sync? But then you'd be "proper" level anyway, if that's how sync works.

Users who are viewing this thread