Jamesb's 19 Vanilla Gearing Guide

Discussion in '19s (Vanilla)' started by Jamesb, Mar 14, 2019.

Share This Page

1. Bowner

Bowner Member

If they not modifying the level req of quests then it will be 20. Cause they changed it in TBC where it can be obtain at 19.

You can try and find one source that show's a 19 was using Infero Robe prior to 2007, you won't. That's cause it wasn't obtainable for 19's in Vanilla.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  2. Mvq

Mvq 2016 TC Champion

You might b right

3. duploh

duploh Veteran

Reading this i feel i'm so not ready to start twinking in Classic. I know nothing bout locations, quests, gear , even if i can check these guides on what to get, lol, i did play in classic , but very new to it, casual and my first and only game (still is now)
    ... and you MUST have higher lvl friends to run you dungeons for the boss drops ??

4. Purj

Purj The Last Alliance Twink

Just get a guild 4head

• Like Like x 1
  5. Adams/Hard

Adams/Hard Guest

I have played classic 19s (in retail with Unsullied) and since Nostalrious -> K1/K2 -> TwinkNation -> Elysium -> Anathema -> Lightbringer -> Northdale (about 6 years of classic private 19s)

I have had some of my most fun moments in the 19 bracket with Jamesb. He is hilarious and always willing to help out.
    He is not however the guy you go to for guides/spec/itemization.
    You can see from this druid guide that Jamesb's guide is generic and unrefined.

Also, why is the logo a SF with +15agi? if you use 15agi on a SF then you are a lost cause in classic
    From playing classic 19 rogue more than anyone and testing all combinations of weps and enchants across 25k kills I can say, definitively, that 15agi to SF is a complete waste. (might be viable for BC+)

6. Zoke

Zoke Member

what makes you say 15 agi on a sf is a waste? damage output? did you consider how fun rogue vs rogue duels are? pretty sure 15 agi on both weapons would be best there.

edit: i played a ton on a 19 rogue in tbc (72k kills) and i can confirm that in tbc 15 agi on a sf was great.

7. OP
    Jamesb

Jamesb OG Breh

I have multiple sets including max agi and the regular sf MH with LS barb OH with agi. I use bdfa with that set, then if I swap to double 15 I equip tunic with 4 stats. Max damage output and it puts my dodge at 35%
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 16, 2019, Original Post Date: Jun 16, 2019 ---
    It’s meant to be somewhat generic. If somebody wants to do their own research further into their class (like the Druid video) I suggest they do so. This isn’t a class guide but a general guide on BiS gear to help the new or returning players get the gear they need. Mastering the class comes next.

8. Turdel

Turdel Member

9. Adamsx/Hard

Adamsx/Hard Member

But this is a Vanilla gear guide...
    Having every set is great. But Lifestealing is by far the best overall. double firery is kino when bursting an efc. +5 on ass blade for the guaranteed ambush. but i can never see 15agi on a SF unless you went full agi with librams and everything because at that point you better be a nelf and the whole thing is so niche that its hardly worth acting like its hot shit

10. Zoke

Zoke Member

youre right, i wasnt talking about vanilla there. im sure lifestealing is the way to go on your primary sf in vanilla.

edit: what race do you think is best for each faction?

11. Adamsx/Hard

Adamsx/Hard Member

UD on horde and Gnome or Nelf Alliance

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dualbladex

Dualbladex Grandfathered

Trash

• Creative Creative x 1
  13. Adamsx/Hard

Adamsx/Hard Member

UD for horde and Gnome for alliance. but all depends how you want to play it. Nelf is a good choice and so is orc. only other real option is human

• Like Like x 1
  14. Veechard

Veechard Grandfathered

You should probably mention that 19 hunter twinks will want to level alts up to around 30 to do the feathered arrow quest, and mail to their 19 twink hunter. Those arrows were almost 2x stronger than normal ones if I remember correctly

15. Amelletta

Amelletta Member

16. Strangelove

Strangelove Member

100% truth, from vanilla up to wotlk this is all valid

17. moonwalker2000

moonwalker2000 New Member

What about gearing up with professions like tailoring, blacksmithing or leatherworking? I'm talking about things like in this vanilla guide here. It's also useful stuff so please consider updating the guide! :)

18. Collision

Collision New Member

Great Guide! Was there any consideration for Priests using Staves rather than the 1h/medicine pouch set up listed? Honestly always thought it was just Twisted Chanters: 22 Int, Staff of the Blessed Seer: 55 Healing, and Staff of the Friar: 20 SPI. Thanks for putting this together, had no idea what patch some of this gear was released in.

19. Tombrady

Tombrady Member

fucking writing books yet can't even come up with a guild name

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. walle

walle Grandfathered

You're right. Medicine pouch heal didn't work in vanilla but it works on their server