Is XPOff being deliberately killed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i had great games during mop/wod in the 20-29bracket, people were slighty toxic (made threads about each other on twinkinfo/xpoff, shttalking etc), alliance vs horde drama, f2p vs 24s/29s, all that stuff led to some great games because both teams often had decent players and both teams wanted to win so they could shttalk the others.

these days lowlvl pvp is so horrible (less utility, however better qtimes than in wod) so its less "competetive" by default, if you now forbid any kind of toxic behaviour/shttalking the high quality games(if there are even a few left) will end completely...

as chainz said, ban people who randomly insult new people here but dont ban "veterans" who like to shittalk each other to get decent games, not everyone twinks to farm lvlers with his 5m fotm premade

I mean, what you are referencing is completely irrelevant to what I personally, am talking about. But I do agree its a community and not a goverment. Which is the problem in my opinion. The new admins want to be the government.
Think about a oppressive, truly dictatorship government. You have no power, no free will, only what they give you. You are not to break the rules, if you do you are heavily policed with military style force.

This is a website, it doesn't control your life. You are welcome to join or not join, start your own, play how you like. If you want to be apart there are rules they want people to follow. But the power is always with the people, you have the choice. Not some regime that controls your life. Those are some serious lines to blur.

The new admins want to be the government.

What are you even talking about? Its a forum dude. All forums have rules. You're just babbling on like some first year grad student in philosophy. You're not going to get anywhere with this other than getting possibly a few more people banned for jumping on the "yeah fuck the establishment!" bandwagon and doing something stupid.

The only problem is lack of cooperation and incentive in the twinking community. I remember exactly when WoD hit, the 70s and 80s were suddenly dead, and the 19s came back after years on inactivity. It comes and goes, and the best you could have done other than a complain thread would be hosting an event or discussing what we could do to attract more people.

Another thing people don't do enough is advertise the site in BGs. A simple macro would do.

Censorship to that level is not seen on any gaming forum, anywhere. Being a dick and talking shit is a part of the game, simply put, especially being twinks.
100% false, I've personally been Banned from the ESO and WoW Forums for "talking shit" about the Devs so it definitely happens on other Gaming Forums.

EDIT: I was also "Warned" on the Rift Forums for being a loud objector to their Lottery Boxes.
EDIT2: The only MMO Forums site I haven't received any kind of Moderation for my Posts was Eve Online, because frankly, CCP and Mother Russia don't give a shit about me, you or anyone else ;)

Last edited:
Says who? 19s?
Says who? 19s?
Says who? 19s?

I'm tired of seeing the "mouths" on this site bitch and moan about over moderation. Almost every single time I see a thread like this it's made from someone from 19s who is a known nuisance. Honestly if this site simply removed just a handful of people the activity would probably be cut in half but the rude/toxic behavior would be cut by 90%.

Can mods go a tad ban-happy? Of course. They already did recently, and they owned up to it. I am sure the majority of the site would prefer to rebuild a community than to stick with one thats rotting from the inside out. That is what is happening, deal with it.
Take a deep breath and settle down, youll be ok.

This forum isn't even remotely strict compared to most, especially larger and official game forums.

A great deal of people on TI treated it like a seedy image board, which was awful.

What are you even talking about? Its a forum dude. All forums have rules. You're just babbling on like some first year grad student in philosophy. You're not going to get anywhere with this other than getting possibly a few more people banned for jumping on the "yeah duck the establishment!" bandwagon and doing something stupid.

The only problem is lack of cooperation and incentive in the twinking community. I remember exactly when WoD hit, the 70s and 80s were suddenly dead, and the 19s came back after years on inactivity. It comes and goes, and the best you could have done other than a complain thread would be hosting an event or discussing what we could do to attract more people.

Another thing people don't do enough is advertise the site in BGs. A simple macro would do.

Damn, you've missed it entirely. I'm not attempting to "go anywhere with this," there is no "duck the establishment" bandwagon. You're literally making things up. This isn't about 19s in specific. I simply don't think the new admins act in a responsible manner.

I simply don't think the new admins act in a responsible manner.
While I'm not an Admin I will say this. I have only Banned 1 person so far and only for 24 hours. This was after a Warning in which they kept going. I deleted the offending Posts and notified all Members of why their Posts was being deleted. I think that's more than fair and certainly responsible. I can't speak for everyone but I'm certainly trying to be as unbiased as possible in my actions on this site.

I am part of this Community too, and have been for a very long time. I too don't want to see it dragged down by a small handful of toxic individuals.

Damn, you've missed it entirely. I'm not attempting to "go anywhere with this," there is no "duck the establishment" bandwagon. You're literally making things up. This isn't about 19s in specific. I simply don't think the new admins act in a responsible manner.
I agree there should be a reason for every ban that's explained to the user and set punishments for breaking the rules that are public to everyone.
No ban or warning should go outside those guidelines.
If the staff doesn't abide by that they shouldn't be staff.

not to be rude but who the fk actually wants to advertise this site in-game, thats the dumbest thing ive seen in a while

How else do you think people have come accross this website? Googling "twinks"?

Wait that might just be the case

For real though. You came accross this website likely because someone told you of it, or of Twinkinfo before the transition

How else do you think people have come accross this website? Googling "twinks"?

Wait that might just be the case

For real though. You came accross this website likely because someone told you of it, or of Twinkinfo before the transition
i mean if some random was going on about a website in a random bg while i was lvling i wouldnt visit it, might just be me tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread