Is the PvP trink BiS?

Is the PvP trink BiS?

• Total voters
I can understand pvp trink not being viable when you're farming mid or whatever... But when you're on def/O, and get sapped and 3 rogues jump on your FC, you're going to want that trink effect to peel em off your FC and prevent an instant return + cap for opposing team. Or when you're on O and your FC dies and you get novad to counter a repick. Or when you FC and get CC'd to prevent a cap. Trinket is bis 99% of the time for objective based gaming.

If you just farm kills at mid as hunter/balancedruid or whatever, dual agm or dual haste/int trinket will do the job, I guess.

i've also pointed out that in battlegrounds, you're dealing with 10 opponents, most of them will have crowd control abilities, many will even have multiple CCs. someone please show me (because i'm obviously ignorant of this pvp secret you've all been hoarding) how it's smart for 1 guy with a trinket that has a 5 min cooldown compared to 10 guys, all using their CC's, which effectively makes the opposing teams ability to CC you virtually without any cooldown.

its a 10 v 10 or 15 vs 14 (Kale just afked) not 1 vs 10. 1/10 chance to get hit with a cc. Even less if you can position yourself to stay away from cc example keeping a distance from enemies until someone else takes on the cc (pref the under geared scrub) for melee, staying out of the range of cc if a range capable class. You cant say that trinket wont make a difference (stupid to say so imo). You make it sound as if their is 10 players ready to cc you but the reality is that their is 10 players ready to cc one of the other 10 players. Lets also assume not everyone knows how to properly cc and not everyone will be able to chain cc in perfect coordination.

if i'm fcing and you get cc'd when you could of saved my arse ( and the game ) because you cant trinket, cus omg a haz 6 more haste, imma be pissed.

/Mr. saint, out

its a 10 v 10 or 15 vs 14 (Kale just afked) not 1 vs 10. 1/10 chance to get hit with a cc. Even less if you can position yourself to stay away from cc example keeping a distance from enemies until someone else takes on the cc (pref the under geared scrub) for melee, staying out of the range of cc if a range capable class. You cant say that trinket wont make a difference (stupid to say so imo). You make it sound as if their is 10 players ready to cc you but the reality is that their is 10 players ready to cc one of the other 10 players. Lets also assume not everyone knows how to properly cc and not everyone will be able to chain cc in perfect coordination.

i gotta like this response for the kale comment, but the fallacy of this logic is the assumption that your teammates are able to remove cc that you've acquired. i cleanse nearly as much as i heal, but really in your experience how many pallies do this in a battleground you've been in?

and true, that it's uncommon you'll face down all 10 at once, but it does happen...and really, when it's just seven, and you're only being hit by seven different crowd controls, do you honestly notice a difference or are you staring at your cooldown timer on that trinket that's just come in so very handy?

and yes, when you're facing 7-10 opponents you're not stupid enough to do it alone, but when you're the target, YOU'RE the target. i know some players wish we would all just pair up and square off and do-si-do real nice in time with the fiddler, but guess what? you know when you're assaulting a team, you focus targets and aren't expecting your teammates to be thinking, "ok, he's got the little guy, i'll take the big ugly guy..." so why would you assume your opponents are going to fight this way?

if i'm fcing and you get cc'd when you could of saved my arse ( and the game ) because you cant trinket, cus omg a haz 6 more haste, imma be pissed.

/Mr. saint, out

mr. saint....you haven't been reading my posts....i've already showed how i've already used my trinket on a stun and now i'm a sheep...seems you keep applying 1v1 situations to a 10v10 game...which has only been the point of most of my posts in this thread.

PvP trinket counters things pretty well, aye?

please group with me so i can join the battlegrounds you seem to keep ending up in where you only get stunned/feared/rooted/scattered/tendrilled/dominated/etc once every five min and i'll slap you on the back so hard as i buy you a beer and proclaim "damn, these trinkies are BEE AYE ESSS, nukka!"

mr. saint....you haven't been reading my posts....i've already showed how i've already used my trinket on a stun and now i'm a sheep...seems you keep applying 1v1 situations to a 10v10 game...which has only been the point of most of my posts in this thread.

yep, you're right, anyone who clicked no for this poll doesn't get there posts read, sorry.

i didn't participate in the poll.

surely, a clever guy like you would have clicked "view poll results" before making an assumption like you did?

Last edited by a moderator:
i didn't participate in the poll.

surely, a clever guy like you would have clicked "view poll results" before making an assumption like you did?

well arguing for the "no" point is as good as clicking no. but im sorry i just noticed your sig, badly geared hunt/pally says it really. o/

btw, are you enjoying being kited in this thread? i ask because i think when someone is kited there is usually some unconscious willingness on their part. it fascinates me. hunt was my fave class for this reason not cuz i joined in cata.

Last edited by a moderator:
i gotta like this response for the kale comment, but the fallacy of this logic is the assumption that your teammates are able to remove cc that you've acquired. i cleanse nearly as much as i heal, but really in your experience how many pallies do this in a battleground you've been in?

and true, that it's uncommon you'll face down all 10 at once, but it does happen...and really, when it's just seven, and you're only being hit by seven different crowd controls, do you honestly notice a difference or are you staring at your cooldown timer on that trinket that's just come in so very handy?

and yes, when you're facing 7-10 opponents you're not stupid enough to do it alone, but when you're the target, YOU'RE the target. i know some players wish we would all just pair up and square off and do-si-do real nice in time with the fiddler, but guess what? you know when you're assaulting a team, you focus targets and aren't expecting your teammates to be thinking, "ok, he's got the little guy, i'll take the big ugly guy..." so why would you assume your opponents are going to fight this way?
Where did he assume that his teammates would remove his CC? He said that there are 9 other people on your team to get hit by the CC, not only you. You make it look like there are 10 players on the opposing team trying to CC only you while ignoring everyone else on your team.

You are also assuming that you eat every single CC that someone throws at you without even trying to interrupt, LoS or outrange it. Obviously you do not trinket a stun when you are standing on top of a mage who would just happily sheep you right after. Using your pvp trinket properly requires a certain amount of decision making and positioning.

geared for farming.

that says it really.

so you took 3stam over 14 ap on your pants?

you took 1stam over 8 ap on your ring?

should i go on?

lol, i get it now, disco stu was a badly dressed weirdo too...

Where did he assume that his teammates would remove his CC? He said that there are 9 other people on your team to get hit by the CC, not only you. You make it look like there are 10 players on the opposing team trying to CC only you while ignoring everyone else on your team.

i'm fairly certain he wasn't assuming help from teammates as opposed to teammates=meatshields, but i threw that in no extra charge...however your claims that my suggestion was that it's a 10v1 game prove you didn't read all of my post before quoting it and responding, so here are the relevant parts for you:

anyway, gotta run, bbl. and don't take all this too much to heart. we all know that trinket is BiS, all of the time.

i'm fairly certain he wasn't assuming help from teammates as opposed to teammates=meatshields, but i threw that in no extra charge...however your claims that my suggestion was that it's a 10v1 game prove you didn't read all of my post before quoting it and responding, so here are the relevant parts for you:

anyway, gotta run, bbl. and don't take all this too much to heart. we all know that trinket is BiS, all of the time.
If you are the target of their whole team then it is either 1v10 or your positioning skills are awful.

that says it really.

so you took 3stam over 14 ap on your pants?

you took 1stam over 8 ap on your ring?

should i go on?

you deliberately edited my quote to remove the part about me having other gear that i simply wasn't wearing when i logged out.

there's a bible verse that says, "answer not a fool lest ye become one." man, i gotta keep that in mind here.
anyway, really gotta go. see yas.

Users who are viewing this thread