What should Immvp do?

• Quit the Bracket.

Votes: 34 59.6%
  • Do Allowed jumps and stay.

Votes: 23 40.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You say you have no problem with the rules, if someone is breaking rules, why are you put off that we have to enforce them?

I said I had no problem with the rules themselves, which doesn't mean I don't still have a problem with there being rules at all.

Wall-jumping and twinking have gone hand in hand since the dawn of time. I honestly don't see what the big issue with the 30-39 bracket is, given that jumping suddenly has been considered "outlawed". Is the entire bracket filled with morons who can't learn the jumps themselves? After all, that is what anyone employing the jumps did; they're living proof it's doable. Why don't we just strip everything away, and force people to use standardized gear sets? Ban the use of several abilities to make the games more balanced? AFK-report people until the teams have identical team setups? Stop being so fucking stingy, and go end-game if you wish to enforce such strict rules. This is twinking.

he mad cus hes shit and cant stormstrike without pressing the spacebar before doing so

Wall-jumping and twinking have gone hand in hand since the dawn of time. I honestly don't see what the big issue with the 30-39 bracket is, given that jumping suddenly has been considered "outlawed". Is the entire bracket filled with morons who can't learn the jumps themselves? After all, that is what anyone employing the jumps did; they're living proof it's doable. Why don't we just strip everything away, and force people to use standardized gear sets? Ban the use of several abilities to make the games more balanced? AFK-report people until the teams have identical team setups? Stop being so fucking stingy, and go end-game if you wish to enforce such strict rules. This is twinking.

So have consumables. Yet MVP had no problem banning those.

Nice try, guy, but not even close.

I said I had no problem with the rules themselves, which doesn't mean I don't still have a problem with there being rules at all.

Well, without the rules, the majority of us wouldnt bother sacrificing 6 hours 1-2 nights a week for shitty games. Games only pop because the leaders organized the revival, meaning randoms are not entittled to play how they want. Its very simple. They follow the rules or get excluded. If they wany to play a low skill one shot meta, there are other brackets that cater to that.

It's not so much the specific issue with Immvp that upsets me, but rather the fact that a few select leaders seem to think that applying rules to an open bracket is a good idea. Without attempting to undermine anything the bracket managers have done for the community, trying to enforce those rules outside of a tournament/wargame-setting is absolutely a terrible idea. Abusing the report function inside BGs to boot people that might not even be on TI in the first place, or just playing in the bracket on their own terms, is essentially asking those people to not play in the bracket at all unless they accept those rules. While I have no problems with the rules themselves, trying to force them on me is putting me off the bracket more than someone abusing the mechanics that are in the game.

I think gearing a toon, spending money on enchants, and excitedly Queuing up for the first time only to get two shot by some idiot feral would be a considerably worse experience. The reality is, without some rules, this bracket rapidly becomes a total fucking joke. Some people will feel stifled, others won't get to play their favourite class but these sacrifices purchase the general contentment of the majority and some longevity for the bracket. I think this represents a worthwhile exchange. Having said that, I think it's ultimately a bit of a balancing act. The impulse to ban must be restrained as much as possible and ought to be more democratically figured. Otherwise, as you suggested, newcomers will regard the bracket as being at the mercy of the capriciousness of a few tyrants and their cronies (something that isn't true).

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's do the inverse of what [MENTION=21985]Blaze[/MENTION] has suggested. [MENTION=2576]Boostz[/MENTION] specifically allows some jumps. If Blaze wants another to be allowed, he can start a poll and garner the support of at least 20 people.

How about we don't support him at all?

Why should the bracket cater to one problem child?

Burn him.

So have consumables. Yet MVP had no problem banning those.

Nice try, guy, but not even close.

I'm not Mvp, so how does that argument make any sense?

Games only pop because the leaders organized the revival, meaning randoms are not entittled to play how they want. Its very simple. They follow the rules or get excluded.

Like I already explained earlier, I am completely fine with there being rules in a wargame/tournament-setting. Setting rules in the open bracket where PUGs are intended by Blizzard to exist, however, is what I find dumb. Who the hell are we to tell someone else how to play the game? They have the exact same right as you to queue up and play the game the way they want to. I find it incredibly ironic how people are calling out a few people for exploiting, yet the majority of people seem to be just fine with exploiting the report function in BGs. The double standard shown is laughable, and is putting the whole bracket in a bad light, which is one of the reasons I don't find myself playing anymore.

If they wany to play a low skill one shot meta, there are other brackets that cater to that.

Same argument can be made for the people that do want rules, standardized gear and balanced abilities; it's called endgame. I am not playing endgame, I am twinking in the 30-39 bracket, or at least I'm trying to. I don't understand why we need to revive a bracket by inventing rules for everything. The EU bracket seems to be doing just fine without all these asinine rules, so I guess the simple solution, at least for me, is to piss off from US. This level of neutering and bans thrown out by a few individuals who seem to be considered leaders is greatly putting me off.

the inflow of twinks because they see a decent bracket without faceroll things like feral/bm guard/terrain exploiting is higher than losing you so I'm okay with this decision.

p.s. you are trying to defend someone who constantly breaks the TOS with jump macros(bannable) and terrain exploiting. You are a special kind of stupid.

the inflow of twinks because they see a decent bracket without faceroll things like feral/bm guard/terrain exploiting is higher than losing you so I'm okay with this decision.

p.s. you are trying to defend someone who constantly breaks the TOS with jump macros(bannable) and terrain exploiting. You are a special kind of stupid.

I wasn't trying to imply that losing me was a grand loss. I was also not trying to defend one particular individual, which you apparently missed because you seem to not have read through my posts.

Like I already explained earlier, I am completely fine with there being rules in a wargame/tournament-setting. Setting rules in the open bracket where PUGs are intended by Blizzard to exist, however, is what I find dumb. Who the hell are we to tell someone else how to play the game? They have the exact same right as you to queue up and play the game the way they want to. I find it incredibly ironic how people are calling out a few people for exploiting, yet the majority of people seem to be just fine with exploiting the report function in BGs. The double standard shown is laughable, and is putting the whole bracket in a bad light, which is one of the reasons I don't find myself playing anymore.

Players are just as entitled to play how they want at 39s just as a MMA fighter is able to use steroids or "banned" moves. They are able to do them but will be scrutinized/kicked out/suspended.

We have no double standards. The jumps/comumables/specs are not banned because they are exploits, but because they negatively affect gameplay. The report function is used to police the rules which is how we actually can tell players how to play. It's unfortunate that some peoples philosophy of entitlement overrides their reasoning for what's actually right/enjoyable/logical.

except you are defending 1 individual. If the rules dont apply to you because you arent doing anything that would break them then your "issue" with them is actually non existent whether you wish to acknowledge that fact or not.

"I disagree on principle alone!" is stupid in this sense because you really arent being hurt at all and the bans/restrictions have done nothing but add more players because they like it. There is zero downside for YOU and you are just making up a reason to disagree.

If you don't care enough to solve massive drama like this, then why should I stop jumping?

I won't simply just stop doing jumps. Movement is what differs FCs from each other skill-wise, and without jumps I wouldn't be able to differ from others. So regardless of me being a shit FC or a good FC, the skill won't be visible. This game is heavily based on movement and position.

Something to consider. ;)

I wasn't trying to imply that losing me was a grand loss. I was also not trying to defend one particular individual, which you apparently missed because you seem to not have read through my posts.

Chap, you are over estimating their perspicacity. You have to literally spell things out for many of these posters. Sometimes more than once. And even then, you still have to break it down for them so they can comprehend.
What they don't realize is that there is a world( of Warcraft) outside of Twinkinfo. And that we pull from that pool of players as well. Do we seriously have 30-60 different level 39's signing up/posting here on a biweekly basis? Maybe, I don't know. I seriously doubt it. These players have to be coming from somewhere.

You people really play 6 hours a night??? That is not a very healthy lifestyle. More like an addiction. You should try weaning yourselves off while you can. I wish you luck. Getting off any addictive substance is psychologically tough.

Players are just as entitled to play how they want at 39s just as a MMA fighter is able to use steroids or "banned" moves. They are able to do them but will be scrutinized/kicked out/suspended.

I'm just going to repeat myself, one more time; I am perfectly fine with there being rules in a wargame/tournament-setting. Using a professional sport like MMA would make sense if Blizzard were the ones to come up with these rules. Sadly, this isn't the case, and your rules are not official in any way, shape or form. They were made up by a few individuals and pinned on all of us.

The jumps/comumables/specs are not banned because they are exploits, but because they negatively affect gameplay.

Reading the forums on a day-to-day basis and seeing the word "exploit" thrown around by several individuals would beg to differ. Whether they're considered exploits or not was hardly my point though; my point was that you're enforcing your own made-up rules by breaking an official one. I am certain that if we asked Blizzard if kicking people using the reporting tool for the purpose of "scolding" them was an intended use, they'd very clearly say no, and that it borders on harassment. What I was trying to convey, was that the same people that shout "exploit" towards any use of unfair advantages in BGs are the same people that partake in the kicking of people when the rules are broken. So yes, even if it doesn't come directly from you, the double standards certainly exist in the bracket.

Chap, you are over estimating their perspicacity. You have to literally spell things out for many of these posters. Sometimes more than once. And even then, you still have to break it down for them so they can comprehend.
What they don't realize is that there is a world( of Warcraft) outside of Twinkinfo. And that we pull from that pool of players as well. Do we seriously have 30-60 different level 39's signing up/posting here on a biweekly basis? Maybe, I don't know. I seriously doubt it. These players have to be coming from somewhere.

You people really play 6 hours a night??? That is not a very healthy lifestyle. More like an addiction. You should try weaning yourselves off while you can. I wish you luck. Getting off any addictive substance is psychologically tough.

Spell things out? Are you trolling or just full of irony?

Me: "6 hours, 1-2 Nights a week."

Your interpretation: "6 hours a night."

You: "have to litterally spell things out for these posters."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread