• Do Allowed jumps and stay.

Votes: 23 40.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mvq

2016 TC Champion
Never have I broken the rules.
Yet I get the most shit, without actually breaking the rules.

So how about this:

• If you find a jump unfair and Boostz agrees, then Boostz make a strawpoll, stating whether or not X jump should be banned.
  • If the poll reaches 20+ votes, then the poll will be classified as valid.
  • If the option "ban the jump" wins the Poll, then you ban the jump.

How hard can it be to do this? We have 3-4 days between each queue night, surely we can spend those days to improve the quality of the games.
This would cause less drama, less bitching, less hitman threats and everyone wins.

edit:
Regarding me just stopping jumps, that's not gonna happen unless the Twink Cup rules will follow the same path or Livin forces it down my throat.

edit2:
If you don't care enough to solve massive drama like this, then why should I stop jumping?

I won't simply just stop doing jumps. Movement is what differs FCs from each other skill-wise, and without jumps I wouldn't be able to differ from others. So regardless of me being a shit FC or a good FC, the skill won't be visible. This game is heavily based on movement and position.

Something to consider.

edit 3:
If you're gonna ban all jumps specifically towards me, then that's unfair as fuck.

Either ban it towards everyone, or don't do it at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every texture-edge-glitch jump you do is literally breaking the ToS as set out by Blizzard.

You are, quite literally, breaking the rules.

There is nothing left to discuss on the matter.

You're the only person in the bracket abusing jump exploits.

No, we are not going to cater to you.

You're the only person in the bracket abusing jump exploits.

No, we are not going to cater to you.

Wall-jumping and twinking have gone hand in hand since the dawn of time. I honestly don't see what the big issue with the 30-39 bracket is, given that jumping suddenly has been considered "outlawed". Is the entire bracket filled with morons who can't learn the jumps themselves? After all, that is what anyone employing the jumps did; they're living proof it's doable. Why don't we just strip everything away, and force people to use standardized gear sets? Ban the use of several abilities to make the games more balanced? AFK-report people until the teams have identical team setups? Stop being so fucking stingy, and go end-game if you wish to enforce such strict rules. This is twinking.

let him do his jumps, thers some real twinkers out here that can nail them first try, hes playing the meta completely wrong anyway so its just funny watching him try to be a solo hero with jumps and end up dying.

Every texture-edge-glitch jump you do is literally breaking the ToS as set out by Blizzard.

You are, quite literally, breaking the rules.

There is nothing left to discuss on the matter.

Let he, who has never exploited, cast the first vote to not use exploits!!
I know I won't be voting.
Who here can???

let him do his jumps, thers some real twinkers out here that can nail them first try, hes playing the meta completely wrong anyway so its just funny watching him try to be a solo hero with jumps and end up dying.
hooo main god dem shots doe lollzzz

So that tongue game is the real reason tease stole her parents car to visit him......... Jah is my hero.

DDoSing and twinking have gone hand in hand since the dawn of time. I honestly don't see what the big issue with the 30-39 bracket is, given that DDoSing suddenly has been considered "outlawed". Is the entire bracket filled with morons who can't learn the DDoS themselves? After all, that is what anyone employing the DDoS did; they're living proof it's doable. Why don't we just strip everything away, and force people to use standardized gear sets? Ban the use of several abilities to make the games more balanced? AFK-report people until the teams have identical team setups? Stop being so fucking stingy, and go end-game if you wish to enforce such strict rules. This is twinking.

I mean, it's all good, right? Who cares about measly things like rules and laws, right? Breaking the rules/laws makes you a better player, amirite?

"I can't just play normally so I'll get Boostz to do more work while I continue to negatively affect games and enjoy my pops hehehehe."

No.

Ddosing was never an issue in twinking till kids like barb and some others figured out how to operate a booter. It was never an issue end game till poppychulo discovered the deepnet. If you believe that crap happened before mop in twinking you are an idiot.

Ddosing was never an issue in twinking till kids like barb and some others figured out how to operate a booter. It was never an issue end game till poppychulo discovered the deepnet. If you believe that crap happened before mop in twinking you are an idiot.

Kinda figured it would go over your head.

I mean, it's all good, right? Who cares about measly things like rules and laws, right? Breaking the rules/laws makes you a better player, amirite?

Yes, who does care about rules and laws made up by a "chosen" few people in an open bracket? If these were wargames, I'd be all for following the rules, but enforcing made-up rules in pugs in a bracket anyone can join is beyond stupid. While I personally don't give a flying fuck who uses what jumps, since I twink because I am too casual for endgame (I am not afraid to admit it), I feel like booting people from games because they don't share the same mindset as you is completely asinine. The way this community is outraged at twinks for being twinks is actually making me laugh; how the hell do you expect to recruit new players from the other brackets, or even from endgame, when all they see is morons bickering about rules. The last thing I want to think about when I queue up for BGs as a twink is rules.

how the hell do you expect to recruit new players from the other brackets, or even from endgame, when all they see is morons bickering about rules.
By offering a fair & fun environment for any player to join no matter how skilled they are. Level a toon to 39, lock it, gear up and que.

I'm new to the 39 bracket and haven't had a lot of experience twinking outside of 39s. I'm not finding the rules that big of a deal. No jumps, no bombs, no Ferals, no BM guarding w/o the flag. I don't really care what has been used in the past. From the games I've played with Immvp, I think he'll be fine using zero jumps as he is a decent FC.

By offering a fair & fun environment for any player to join no matter how skilled they are. Level a toon to 39, lock it, gear up and que.

I'm new to the 39 bracket and haven't had a lot of experience twinking outside of 39s. I'm not finding the rules that big of a deal. No jumps, no bombs, no Ferals, no BM guarding w/o the flag. I don't really care what has been used in the past. From the games I've played with Immvp, I think he'll be fine using zero jumps as he is a decent FC.

It's not so much the specific issue with Immvp that upsets me, but rather the fact that a few select leaders seem to think that applying rules to an open bracket is a good idea. Without attempting to undermine anything the bracket managers have done for the community, trying to enforce those rules outside of a tournament/wargame-setting is absolutely a terrible idea. Abusing the report function inside BGs to boot people that might not even be on TI in the first place, or just playing in the bracket on their own terms, is essentially asking those people to not play in the bracket at all unless they accept those rules. While I have no problems with the rules themselves, trying to force them on me is putting me off the bracket more than someone abusing the mechanics that are in the game.

It's not so much the specific issue with Immvp that upsets me, but rather the fact that a few select leaders seem to think that applying rules to an open bracket is a good idea. Without attempting to undermine anything the bracket managers have done for the community, trying to enforce those rules outside of a tournament/wargame-setting is absolutely a terrible idea. Abusing the report function inside BGs to boot people that might not even be on TI in the first place, or just playing in the bracket on their own terms, is essentially asking those people to not play in the bracket at all unless they accept those rules. While I have no problems with the rules themselves, trying to force them on me is putting me off the bracket more than someone abusing the mechanics that are in the game.
I like all the rules that have been put in place for the bracket. Locked 39s is a small community. New players that are breaking any of the 4 rules don't just get automatically vote-kicked from BGs. From what I have heard, they get spoken to in the BG about rules. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to join Teamspeak. It's also a place where we can speak with and direct those new players about do/don'ts, Twinkinfo, etc.

You say you have no problem with the rules, if someone is breaking rules, why are you put off that we have to enforce them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread