EU ilvl 810 relics for 101?

Should I attempt to get in contact with a GM about these??? or not worth flagging it as a bug if it is indeed one?
GM's are not an accurate source for information like this, you'd need to ask the devs directly on twitter. I'd leave it be a little longer but if we still don't figure anything out soon then it might be a good idea to ask instead of wasting more time/gold.

znCX2xC.png

I just got it from a lockbox. Took opening 136 to get it.

My main is only level 871, I kindda stopped playing him since I started my twink. Is there any solid evidence that you need to be 900+ in order for the relics to drop ? In that case I'll started grinding my gear right away, have a few lockboxes stacked away at the moment.

My main is only level 871, I kindda stopped playing him since I started my twink. Is there any solid evidence that you need to be 900+ in order for the relics to drop ? In that case I'll started grinding my gear right away, have a few lockboxes stacked away at the moment.
No one knows.. We don't know how this is working at the moment.

Now, the question is, do I want to be the guinea pig hehe
No bad player should be above 900 ilvl, so who's putting the relics on the AH for 100g or something? If you're above 900 ilvl you should know better imo ^^
People are thinking difficult here, about equiping certain ilvl, or doing certain things to make it drop, but people are listing them like winterly said for 100g, so they don't know what their doing, otherwise it wouldnt be listed to cheap. As far as I know it's completely random. However I just got a message from some one who said a rogue said there was a epic relic in a box, when he opened the box on a level 101 it was a green 810 relic, but 110 lvl req instead of the epic one. So that might be it?

Edit; guess not, coz people wouldnt be unlocking them on a 110 rogue and opening them on a 101... hmpf, idk then xD

Last edited:
I'm not saying there's some crazy thing you have to do to get it to proc 810 because like you said, random people are finding these without putting any thought into it. I do think there is some unknown factor that's causing it though - something that someone wouldn't need to actively know/do when opening them - like a bug with the warforging (which could be related to ilvl). Everyone who was reported finding one has been 890+ so far (which includes 2 sellers I bought from and looked up on the armory).

The only way we'll ever know for sure is asking Blizz but I'm hesitant to do so unless the majority here agree that it's a good idea, since it could have both good and bad results.

No bad player should be above 900 ilvl, so who's putting the relics on the AH for 100g or something? If you're above 900 ilvl you should know better imo ^^
I think my post was misinterpreted. I just meant do I want to be the one at 871 trying to open lockboxes to see if I can get an 810 to drop, hence the guinea pig part.

For the entire US region, there's only ONE listed, a Corruption of the Bloodtotem on Proudmoore for 250K.

This is my home realm so I noticed the bloodtotem, at first it was listed for 20-25k from "StillSilence" then bought out and flipped for 200-500k price ranges. Saw Aelobins comment about looking up the sellers and the original owner of the Bloodtotem (that I know of) StillSilence is only iLvl849, so it's very possible it's just RNG and not iLvl dependent.

Someones gotta do it :p
Got in contact with the original seller of the Bloodtotem on Proudmoore, he unlocked it and opened it himself on a 849 Rogue.

Looks like it's just complete RNG.

Users who are viewing this thread