Hunters lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kindly disagree with your last statement Fcftw.

Anyhow, I played the majority of games tonight on Horde first and was in vent for it all. Even Franchi pointed out in one game that I was one of the very few people actually trying to accomplish objectives on offense. Besides, I've been neglecting my Alliance characters a bit so I figured I'd give them some much needed play.

never fear, my hunter is almost here!

It should get all ok corral up in here preeeetty soon.

Moving to 4 nights at the end of the summer when classes start, with a sudden influx of hunters? I'll see you cats when we get the bracket going again, I've lost count, how many has it been?

Thank you Crypto, thank you Vibes, thank you KAO.

@horde if you're not willing to join vent (dps especially) we are not going to win, the alliance will not roll over for us. I Know you have to like take the numbers i give out at the start of matches and put them in the right fields in the ventrilo window, but if you want to start winning again that's the price you will have to pay.

10 stacks of de-buff no return, one person on O in vent nuff said.

Kaorinite said:
For what, specifically?

Idk but you got two thanks

For what, specifically?

Figure it out.

Idk but you got two thanks

12 shots of moonshine in 30 minutes tends to do that to me + its 2:30 in the morning.

honestly i don't know hwy i started drinking that stuff, specially seeing as how the last hard liquor i did more thna a few shots of was over a year ago, guess cause it was in the fridge and i hopped i would get shitfaced fast enough to forget all about tonight's games. Weather or not i que up thursday will probably depend on how effective my tactic was,

Hah, I noticed that then forgot when I quoted. Oops.

Figure it out.

Why must you and Fcftw act like Crypto and I are messiahs in 29s? You have plenty of Horde players queueing up nightly. What is it any difference what side we play? After all, you said it in vent yourself to Fcftw that we can't be telling people what side to play on.

Fcftw said:
4 alliance hunters every game, yeah what a ****ing joke

That is laughable. I was in a SINGLE game all night that had 4 alliance hunters, and one of them afk'd about 2 mins into it. The vast majority of games I've been in tonight have had 2 Alliance hunters. There were a few with 1 and a few with 3. I will concede that the Alliance had the hunter advantage in more games than the Horde did.

Literally however, I was not in a single losing game all night. EVEN those games where Alliance had fewer or an equal amount of hunters, we still demolished quite a few Horde teams. This suggests to me that perhaps hunters aren't the source of all your woes afterall? I know both sides had some bad, undergeared players tonight.

While I was sitting out a game, I went down and listened to Horde in vent. Very few people were calling out any sort of WSG strategy. Maybe this is because you guys have been playing together so long and don't need to say anything. Or maybe it was just an off game, an exception. I don't know. But what I do know is that in our games, Alliance side was very vocal about BG relevant strategy: "EFC is going this way", "CC Daydra, and burn down the hunter!", "You take first interrupt on Amywineheals, I'll take second", "Keep mid control, cut off the support before they get to EFC!", "Inc 3 coming tunnel and 2 coming ramp. Lets drop down and kill the two coming ramp before they meet the 3 in tunnel", etc, etc.

Anyway, we had 10 people from our guild on at one point and we enjoyed some of the games.

Edit: Yea, from what you guys are saying, it appears lack of vent coordination was the deciding factor. Most of us Alliance side were in vent.

To be fair crypto hits like a train with the very difficult class of ret paladin, and I personally prefer him on my team, but I think that makes me biased.

Why must you and Fcftw act like Crypto and I are messiahs in 29s? You have plenty of Horde players queueing up nightly. What is it any difference what side we play? After all, you said it in vent yourself to Fcftw that we can't be telling people what side to play on.

Hey look hordes havign a tough time tonight, lets all jump on our alliance toons.

You know that i have an alliance right?

Ever see me jump on her when horde is getting rolled? Oh that's right i only play her when alliance is getting rolled.

Franchi said:
Hey look hordes havign a tough time tonight, lets all jump on our alliance toons.

You know that i have an alliance right?

Ever see me jump on her when horde is getting rolled? Oh that's right i only play her when alliance is getting rolled.

You totally just avoided my question. I'll ask it again and hope you're sober enough to understand it entirely:

Why are you blaming two particular players for somehow ruining your games? There are a lot of other Horde players out there that easily fill our spots.

Because when you have twinks on both sides and one of them is getting rolled, it's your responsibility to also have zero fun and lose on horde all night. If you decide to play the winning side at all during a fight night you are only playing to win and are a filthy scoundrel.

Yeah I guess you can lump me in with that too because I leveled my new twink instead of queueing on my paladin.

Phauren said:
hmm i must have gotten you mixed up. IDK why your riding the tip

Tab Rend, tab Rend, tab Rend, Release Spirit.

Kaorinite said:

Besides, I've been neglecting my Alliance characters a bit so I figured I'd give them some much needed play.

TL:DR version: I'm selfish, and don't need an excuse to want to win instead of lose.

Hailshot said:
Anyway, we had 10 people from our guild on at one point and we enjoyed some of the games.

Edit: Yea, from what you guys are saying, it appears lack of vent coordination was the deciding factor. Most of us Alliance side were in vent.

Shouldn't that be a good indicator that 39s should split between Horde/Alliance when playing 29s to make games fun for everybody? I understand your qualms, you like playing with people you are familiar with, and everyone hates losing. If 6-7 get in the same game on the same faction, it's a win. But if 3 get on one side, 4 get on the other, at least 3 of you "won't be having any fun." But at 39s in NF it was understood that for a healthy bracket, you needed pug games to be balanced between the factions. This was put at a higher importance than playing with friends or winning every game. Again I ask, please ask your guild, even by leading by example, to roll a Horde 29 so that you have a Horde to queue on when you win multiple games in a row.

Ohai said:
Moving to 4 nights at the end of the summer when classes start, with a sudden influx of hunters? I'll see you cats when we get the bracket going again, I've lost count, how many has it been?

This exactly. Classes started for me on Monday. We should strongly reconsider moving from 3 to 4 nights. When games end up sucking on Hordeside, people will log early figuring they can get into a better game night that's more balanced. Then comes the next game night, and it's the same selfish players making it not fun on the next night. All the while, college students have many other enjoyable activities to keep them busy, keeping them from playing. I'll start playing again when I see some dedication from Alliance to make games fun for the bracket.

posted by some MB kid on the forums

"In the games I was in, Alliance didn't lose a single one. Didn't matter whether we had more hunters, fewer hunters, or an equal amount. A lot of that is likely due to the lack of Horde in vent, from what I hear. Alliance side, most of us were in vent every game so that is definitely an advantage.- AfkBait"

Yeah i can imagine how rolling my face on the keyboard all night might be fun.

RIP 29s bracket, just like i said would happen last week when everyone was rerolling in the same guild and the same faction. I won't make any friends by saying this, but I think it says a lot about the rerolls that they are unwilling to at least make a semi geared 29 to make games fun instead of winning 100% of the time.

There has only been a small handful of players hordeside that can hustle an offense and I know it when I'm in game with them. Typically that is where our team fails it's a fact. Some of the griping over classes can't so much be blamed on that as much as it can the lack of co-ordinated offensive effort. When thier heals are sitting there freecasting with 6 players bouncing from random dps to random dps I just shake my head. Go ahead and do it that way...you may run them oom before you are picked off one by one.(not likely)

Kao the reason for you, Crypto and ohai getting griped at for being on the alt faction when there are losses is a compliment. Why would you take that any other way? It infuriates me to see Ohai on his rogue at times not gonna lie. Only because he, along with you and crypto, have shown that you can not only be objectively focused but objectively AWARE. You see where the heals are at, you blow the right cooldowns, you are where you need to be a good majority of the time.

It's not your responsibility to pick up the slack, often times we've had players in game that have played long enough to do better. It is easy to get frusterated over though so try to understand that. I do hope to see the workshops get up and running on dmaw horde. If for nothing other than the sole purpose of better focus targets, call outs, and healer interupts. I'd also like to hear some of the more vocal players get more specific about thier complaints versus just general hothead comments. I have a feeling most of the players would respond to DECENT call outs in vent about missing out on a cc or interupt. Not a wtf you suck approach but a hey can we co-ordinate my sheep with your fear?

Typically the breakdown isn't in our D, it's in our O and that is something I'd like to see improved more so than worry about what classes alliance has online and who's playing for what faction.

On a very seperate but somewhat related side note - WHY WHY risk putting us down 2 players by continueing the onslaught of attacks on Kowdashian and Amy? Let it go. You don't have to be crazy impressed with anything they do but for serious at least give them a chance to participate and make a positive impact on games. I've not had one problem with them healing on D with me in fact I can always count on thier support there. So it baffles me when they already are more attentive than others that have been around much longer why they get so much grief. I get that you don't care for them, so what? Learn to play beside them in the game, you don't have to be bff's outside of it.

Its hard enough to contend with class imbalances, undergeared players, and basic qq frusterations without creating our own mess in games. Get players in vent (which would probably start with less qq more pewpew) Learn to communicate better. It's basics of the game people. That would be my bubble gum sunshine crack down on horde teamplay.

Oh and alliance...for fks sake if you see alot of a class don't go hopping on yours. Horde did good last nite stopping the hunter overflow by being very attentive on what got into what game. Some even prepared to afk out if it was an issue. Thank you guys for that I know its tempting to want to control it that way. Don't.

allahkazam said:
posted by some MB kid on the forums

"In the games I was in, Alliance didn't lose a single one. Didn't matter whether we had more hunters, fewer hunters, or an equal amount. A lot of that is likely due to the lack of Horde in vent, from what I hear. Alliance side, most of us were in vent every game so that is definitely an advantage.- AfkBait"

Yeah i can imagine how rolling my face on the keyboard all night might be fun.

RIP 29s bracket, just like i said would happen last week when everyone was rerolling in the same guild and the same faction. I won't make any friends by saying this, but I think it says a lot about the rerolls that they are unwilling to at least make a semi geared 29 to make games fun instead of winning 100% of the time.

who ever said we're unwilling to make horde 29s lol? jesus christ we just finished our first 29s a few days ago, give us a chance to enjoy our new twinks for a little while pretty plz?

and u saying this while leveling an alli 29 says a lot about u 2 ;]

then again this looks like a troll post so w/e

Grr long post epic fail. I need to go to parties.

If you are serious about that I will offer you any assistance you need on dragonmaw. Even if its for a few random players to have a kick around alt.

it was about 33% trolling and 67% mocking the person posting above me who has now refused to queue because alliance seemingly has an automatic win button that is fully functional in the gulch and yet whine about people hopping to play alliance.

I did not mean to offend or really throw anyone under the bus. You guys do what you want but remember that it isn't like 19s where a fresh 10 man team of grinning idiots will queue after the last 10 get destroyed. I actually am entertained by the amount of complaining that people have done in this thread, mostly because of MB rolling a bunch of 29s.

That said I'll run people for things if they need it if they ever do go horde and need help. Mara runs, SM GY rares, even DMH if I'm feeling especially masochistic. I think the goal for everyone is to have fun, especially now that it seems 29s are becoming more active and more competitive. Let's keep it civil plz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread