General How to get your BoA Shipyard Rings [Guide/Blog]

For people who might have missed it:

[Updated] DO ALL TREASURE MISSIONS FIRST as this will allow more to spawn and increase your chance of getting your rings.

FML, I've already gotten the Gronnling Mount mission twice on the same toon and have yet to get a SINGLE Ring Mission to show up on any of (now) 4 100's. Blizzard seriously needs to increase the spawn % even if that means making it so nobody can achieve higher than say 90% success chance (with double Nelf/Undead crews).

Still NADA over the weekend. Lost a NElf crew and a beloved Murlock crew... /cry.
However, I did get the big gold shipment to come up. And some 2 day mission that got reduced to 24 hours which I am working on right now. I don't recall what it rewards.
Somewhere over the rainbow, there is a ring waiting for me!!!

If there aren't any traits a ship needs for a ring mission, you can always equipt Unsinkable - Item - World of Warcraft

So what you are saying is just to hell with the percentage to win except on the ring mission? I suppose that could be one strategy. Just equip the ships you really "care" about with unsinkable. And let the chips( or ships in this case) fall where they may. And just rebuild instead of decommission.

Tbh, I find shipyard a lot more bearable if I just send ships without care (countering only the ship types) and never replace equipment unless I REALLY care about the reward. I'd rather spend surplus garrison resources on trading post materials and the ships are expendable anyway (yeah yeah, crews, whatever, rerolling ships for the right crew is a straight trip to insanity :p). Oftentimes you can't reasonably 100% every mission anyway, so why bother.

As for the ring missions, it's all a matter of rng. So far I've gotten the mount, left shark, BMAH, int and agility looms, all without any mage tower shenanigans.

Got my Garrison lvl 3 today. Excited. Gonna read up on this now.

my shipyard still level 2, but great information, the crew and rare thing and crystal is all new to me, thanks for the help

I'm beginning to think these don't really exist (yes I know they actually do). I've had (2) LvL 3 Shipyards with all Equipment unlocked since about a week after 6.2 hit. I've had (2) more LvL 3 Shipyards for many weeks now with most equipment unlocked. I clear the top right and all Treasure Missions every single day and have never once even seen a Ring Mission. I get the Rare Gold Missions constantly and the Iron Fleet Chest one regularly, but no Rings. Blizz seriously needs to do something about this, even if by upping the spawn chance they reduce the achievable success chance, just something. I don't know of one single person that actually enjoys the Shipyard past the first couple weeks, and EVERYONE I know only does it now for the Rings and once they get all the Rings they have said they'll NEVER touch that piece of crap again.

What's the status on pandaren ships? Do I want all to be undead or pandaren or only undead?

So I now have (5) Shipyards (4 of them at LvL 3) and my very first Rare Mission other than gold is for Left Shark... on my LEVEL 1 with no equipment unlocked except the starting one, fml.

EDIT: This is the first time I've even gotten the Left Shark Mission, it's a "go figure" that I'd get it on my shittiest Shipyard possible.

I think the pet one comes up automatically as I got that one 1st rattle out box on mine too.
Unless that changed in some recent patch then nope, my other 4 Shipyards have never seen it once.

What's the status on pandaren ships? Do I want all to be undead or pandaren or only undead?

Both work for rings. However when I tested the panda ships it gave me the same as the human/undead and it only works on long missions which you won't want with the night elf/blood elf crews.

So I now have (5) Shipyards (4 of them at LvL 3) and my very first Rare Mission other than gold is for Left Shark... on my LEVEL 1 with no equipment unlocked except the starting one, fml.

EDIT: This is the first time I've even gotten the Left Shark Mission, it's a "go figure" that I'd get it on my shittiest Shipyard possible.

Not sure why it's not happening for you. I got them with just one shipyard :(.

Not sure why it's not happening for you. I got them with just one shipyard :(.
RNG in WoW has hated my ass ever since I started playing in TBC. As an example, my Hunter has been farming the Legendary bow every week since shortly after I hit 70 and I've never seen it drop. I've also never gotten the Baron's mount to drop even though I pushed (2) Characters to Exalted with Argent Dawn just running that Dungeon.

Still nada...I wonder if I don't have something unlocked. I have all of the blueprints. The only the thing I don't have is the exalted rep ship. Lackadaisically working on that. Probably about 9-10k rep short.
No void trinket yet either. Tons of other rares. Presuming you can get the void mission to come up if you already have the heirloom.
Irrelevant. I have ALL Tanaan reps at Exalted, the Void Trinket, Gronn Mount, etc and as I've stated before I DO get Rare Naval Missions, but they're the Iron Chest and Gold ones, not the BoA Ring variants (they're on the same spawn table, ALL Rares). Blizzard just needs to vastly increase the spawn rate of the BoA Ring Missions and the BMAH Mission as well. It never ceases to amaze me at the stupidity of Blizzard to put items in the game behind the most ridiculous grindy/RNG bullshit imaginable, but then again it's what WoW is infamous for.

Four level three Shipyards, still no rings, BMAH, or Left Shark.

At least I got Thori'dal on my first ever Sunwell run earlier. That was great to get on a Paladin.

Finally got all three rings. Yay.

This guide helped quite a bit, especially with what missions to focus on. I think if I'd have started out doing the NE corner and the treasure missions, I'd have had them weeks ago.

One thing I might add is: the gnome ships actually bring quite a few upgrades back from missions. They are worth like 500 resources per pop, which is nice. If you've pretty much given up on farming resources, going with a fleet with a few of the gnome crews is probably the way go. This is at the cost of not being the 100% fastest way to do things, but it's definitely a lot easier, and if you've got a bunch of each upgrade in your bags, you don't have to worry about running out of resources when you need them.

Also, I just kind of stopped caring about ships getting blown up. Except for my murloc crews, I'd send ships out on any mission with over 80% or so, depending on how much I liked the ship. Its just so easy to make ships, and so expensive to restock them. I had my A-team, and whoever wasn't on the A-team, was subject to be cannon fodder. A captain has to make tough decisions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got all three rings. Yay.

This guide helped quite a bit, especially with what missions to focus on. I think if I'd have started out doing the NE corner and the treasure missions, I'd have had them weeks ago.

One thing I might add is: the gnome ships actually bring quite a few upgrades back from missions. They are worth like 500 resources per pop, which is nice. If you've pretty much given up on farming resources, going with a fleet with a few of the gnome crews is probably the way go. This is at the cost of not being the 100% fastest way to do things, but it's definitely a lot easier, and if you've got a bunch of each upgrade in your bags, you don't have to worry about running out of resources when you need them.

Also, I just kind of stopped caring about ships getting blown up. Except for my murloc crews, I'd send ships out on any mission with over 80% or so, depending on how much I liked the ship. Its just so easy to make ships, and so expensive to restock them. I had my A-team, and whoever wasn't on the A-team, was subject to be cannon fodder. A captain has to make tough decisions.

Congrats on the 3 rings. Did all 3 rings missions spawn on the same corner of the map?

Congrats on the 3 rings. Did all 3 rings missions spawn on the same corner of the map?
Yes, all three were in the northeast corner. Solipsist said that the missions only spawned in NE corner. I just went with that, and that proved to be true.

My priorities were to do everything in the NE corner, so that the mission could spawn if it wanted to, and then to do all treasure missions to bring the missions up in queue.

I can't tell you all how glad I am to be done with this shipyard crap (and the garrisons, for the most part). Has to be the most inane "game" ever contrived.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread