General How to get your BoA Shipyard Rings [Guide/Blog]

Yes, all three were in the northeast corner. Solipsist said that the missions only spawned in NE corner. I just went with that, and that proved to be true.

My priorities were to do everything in the NE corner, so that the mission could spawn if it wanted to, and then to do all treasure missions to bring the missions up in queue.

I can't tell you all how glad I am to be done with this shipyard crap (and the garrisons, for the most part). Has to be the most inane "game" ever contrived.

So do all northeast and do all treasure maps on the entire map to get treasure missions up in que faster? I had been only doing everything popping up on northeast corner.

I have ran over 800 missions and have only gotten one ring. I got that one, the AGI one, a few weeks ago. It was in the NE quadrant. I have had MANY rare missions. I have the BMAH mission come up four times! Countless Balefuls, etc...
I am running with 8 NElf crews, murloc and an Arrakoa. I can generally run 15-20 missions a day. I try to time the longer ones while I am away. I prioritize treasures 1st then the NE quandrant. All of my ships are equipped with "unsinkable". So fail or succeed they can't be destroyed.
I have failed on 90%+ missions many times and succeeded on 36% missions many times. Therefore I don't even try to match up counters if I don't have to. I just do them as fast as possible.
Good luck getting your rings!!

Maybe they have a shared cooldown with some other missions and you running so many a day doesn't change anything because the missions are still on cooldown?

So do all northeast and do all treasure maps on the entire map to get treasure missions up in que faster? I had been only doing everything popping up on northeast corner.
Yeah, OP added the doing all the treasure missions thing to the post awhile ago, and doing that is what really got my shipyard going. Went for quite awhile with no success, then started doing all the treasure missions in addition to all the NE missions, and that's when things really started happening for me. Got all three rings in the past month, and I had been doing the shipyard (somewhat ineffectively) since the patch.

Also, this is unrelated to getting the rings, but it might be worth doing any bonus missions that come up (the ones that provide an area buff). Reason being is that the bonus missions are sort of rare, and you need to complete 25 bonus missions in order to get the sweet "Captain" title. Arrrgh!

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's see how RNG is feeling
LlvxtHC.png

I got my AGI ring with 96%.
I am sitting at a bit under 900 missions now I think and still have not gotten any more ring missions. 7-10 days ago I started a new strategy. Before I was just doing EVERY mission and prioritizing the NE corner and the rare/treasure missions. Now I am just doing the NE corner and treasure missions.
What I have found out is that missions do not come up as often this way in the NE corner. What I do not know is if the ring missions correlate to having that corner empty or not. Because now I may go a day without having a mission in the NE quadrant, if only do those missions. And only the treasure missions. Starting this week I am going to go back to my old method of going through as many missions as possible.
So....
What we need to know is this.
Is there a maximum amount of missions allowed on the entire map? When I get home today, I will count how I have available. That will be approximately 13-14 hours of inactivity.
Does each quadrant act independently or are they intertwined?
Is there a rotation on the rare missions? Of this I highly doubt. Because I have gotten the BMAH mission 3x.

FYI. I just now got my Void satchel mission on my main toon last week. That is terrible RNG.
My last two rings came in pretty quick succession after changing from doing everything to just the NE corner, treasure missions, training mission, and the oil rig.

But RNG is RNG. The BoAs are pretty much the only thing of lasting interest in the shipyard, so I wouldn't be surprised if the odds are just unfavorable for trying to bang them out real quick. I'd say you're just having some rotten luck.

I've had shipyard since day 1 and upgraded as soon as it was possible but im still missing the agility ring, any tips?

thank you so much for this guide. I have 2/3 of the rings because of you. I just need the str one. I got the int ring to pop following your tip on working the upper right hand corner and doing all of the missions possible and respeccing ships to get the highest chance of success possible. I also blew thru so many resources decommissioning ships trying for undead/belf crews i almost thought I was bugged in the game. I got 1 undead crew doing this. LOL. I stopped doing that and just sent them out on whatever mission i could and waited for them to be sunk to re-roll them. I still only have 1 undead crew because I lost one on a 90% mission yet I have had success on missions as low as 74% lol. I found myself very low on resources and finally the int ring pops. Go figure not enough resources to get the spy glass. Ugg. Also I hate the lumber mill tree farming. I had one follower with the scavenger trait and decided to tear down my LM and put up an Inn to recruit some scavengers. I recruited a scavenger and that week I got the high resource mission a couple times. (This is a great way to get resources. I have 2 scavengers and the other day I had to buy couple pieces of equipment just to finish a mission because I was capped at 10k.) This allowed me to get the 2 spy glasses I needed. I also farmed up TJ rares and did the dailies. Which I should have been doing all along to get the Arrakoa battleship. Lessons learned lol. The highest chance I could get was 92%. at this point I had tried sinking ships thru low mission success to try and get the undead crews. I found that 74% is quite capable of being done lol. So i said screw it and sent my ships on the 92% chance ring mission. Two days later I had the int ring. Yea!!! Next mission that pops is the agi ring!! Omg it's 92%. try it anyways the first one worked. Sure enough two days later I have the agi ring also. Since then I have lost a couple ships. I still only have 1 undead crew. 1 belf and the rest are goblins (which are just great for gold misssions) and trolls. The free equipment is nice too. It's been over a month and I have gotten the BMAH, the shark pet, and a few gold missions that netted me 1400 gold because of the goblins I can't seem to get rid of lol. Sorry I made this so long just wanted to say thank you and share my experience with everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the guide. I just got to level 3 today.

And yet another week passes by and nada...
Bad enough I am actually considering ramping up my alt's shipyard in anticipation for Legion just in case I don't get it by then.

/cheers

Just got my alt's ship yard to level 3 today. The journey continues.

I guess I'm just lucky lol, 2 ring missions with 122 naval missions complete.

mF19epj.jpg

AT9xTOv.jpg

4IDhQ9H.jpg

A recent hot fix increased all of the rare missions spawn rate by quite a bit. All of my alts have duplicate Sharks and River beasts now x.x

Users who are viewing this thread