How do you healers avoid getting blown up in midfield?

A hunter AFK'ing in D is nowehere as useful as a hunter in mid that hunts down key-players on the other team.

yes, track humanoid, track hidden, scatter shot, conc shot, RoS, narrow escape, pet, stun/debuffs, and hunters mark, not to mention how hard you can make it for none stealth to get up that hill to the roof, are totally useless in a defensive position. you're much better joining the other nine hundred hunters in midfield, because no other hunters play that position... you win, end of discussion.

Positioning

Positioning

What he said. Obviously in mid, using terrain, sneaking along the edge if heading to efc. While defending FC, in a stand off situation when opposing flags are in each base, go roof and hopefully FC will remain LoS on flag spot.

In other news, ton up. 100 posts not out. Ta.

Last edited by a moderator:
For what it's worth, as an FC I'm much more worried when I see people on the opposite team that I know will stay on me the whole game than I am when I see people who I know will never leave midfield.

But this was a thread about healers. I think it's pretty reasonable to assume that the OP was talking about not getting blown up in mid when mid is where they're supposed to be (no efc, first rush, efc is in mid) since mid is where you're going to have the most enemies on you and the least LoS options.

If you just ran through mid and killed thier efc, they probably were not controlling mid.

This.

Mid controlling and mid fighting are two very different things.

To the OP:

Positioning is huge. Also, recognizing when you have a jump fail on your tail and using that to your advantage. You can shake a lot of people just by navigating the mid stumps.

as a disc priest, more so then any other healer, you're allowed to play very defensively, and positioning is crucial. just stay back, use your defensive CDs sparingly. and honestly if someone has their heart set on training you to death, unless you have teammates who can properly peel, your chances are slim to none of surviving more then 2 mongoloids on you at once.

'mid controlling' is obviously a bad strategy if your fc is alone and the enemy team has stealthers, but thats not how you do it

Don't fight mid. Only time you will see me in mid is if im on a healer healing the FC, or on a dps toon killing the EFC. if i must cross i use the sides.
Psh bro you bad . Mid is the best place to top charts ! And if I'm have less than 100k healing in a bg that's bad. Who cares if you win as long is ur names on top ! :) it's funny how goals change with time . Like I get more enjoyment from pocketing a realmie in mid so that he goes like 30 and 0 than I do from fcing and winning . If its a 24 premade ill probably just try to have a picnic now instead of trying for the win . That is after I get 150k healing done and get enough space between me and the next best healer.

Psh bro you bad . Mid is the best place to top charts ! And if I'm have less than 100k healing in a bg that's bad. Who cares if you win as long is ur names on top ! :) it's funny how goals change with time . Like I get more enjoyment from pocketing a realmie in mid so that he goes like 30 and 0 than I do from fcing and winning . If its a 24 premade ill probably just try to have a picnic now instead of trying for the win . That is after I get 150k healing done and get enough space between me and the next best healer.

beating a team 3-0 feels better than anything you can get on the charts

assuming you are best suited to be in mid, this non-class/spec-specific advice will help 'avoid getting blown up':
max range - let allies who range you die, and tell them in chat - they will learn or you will lose
preemptively abandon battles when your enemies are favored - how is your offense looking?
for rogs:
root immediately unless undead, in which case fear immediately (if the rog trinkets the fear he has to eat the root). if a gnome (or any other non-undead) trinkets roots he has to eat the fear. bubble yourself next, unless nelf, in which case DoT first. If he melds, fear and then DoT when stealth breaks.

if you respec shadow: queue with an arms warrior.
If you're max ranging you can't have much offensive utility, you'll just be healing and maybe you'll get to attack a few melee.
/agree about spriest though, bomb ass combo. flay his targets, pocket him, DoT stealthies since he can't, chain fear and warbringer for mad killz

beating a team 3-0 feels better than anything you can get on the charts
Psh then you don't know the fealing of going so ham on healing in a wsg game that you get 280k healing done (legit) no deaths and pure bossness that comes with it ( got that first week of 5.3 )

Psh then you don't know the fealing of going so ham on healing in a wsg game that you get 280k healing done (legit) no deaths and pure bossness that comes with it ( got that first week of 5.3 )

Rdruid healing is a joke and you know that lol. I don't brag about any of my near 100k or over 100k dmg bgs on lil cause hunt dmg is a joke. Get 280k on ANY healer besides druid then I'll be moderately impressed (although still not very much) :p

nope, i refuse to heal pugs.

but thats not important, what is important is im lvl 17 on me lock now and i need runs so i can BG so get on n3wb! :D

nope, i refuse to heal pugs.

but thats not important, what is important is im lvl 17 on me lock now and i need runs so i can BG so get on n3wb! :D

Lol I'm at work now and I should be back in 2 hours . Ill run u in sfk but I got dibs on MTB :) or brd but I get mystics robe and heart band .

Users who are viewing this thread