How do you healers avoid getting blown up in midfield?

Thought all my bg's on my priest in specific I've come up with a few srats to help me stay alive: One tip is try to hide behind your dps especially druids in bear form, warrs, and taurens, as they tend to draw more aggro than other team member, and make you look small by comparison.

1) The Defensive srat, In this you will focus on keeping you and 1-2 targets up no more. Usually best for on D with your FC. Recommended spec is Disc, or Holy, and talent is roots. Keep all 3 of you shielded at all times. Even if you think your completely safe. When combat comes, Dont try to go O use Holy fire and SWP only if you casting your not healing. Use SWP to keep stealthy's and Nelfs from Stealthing, and Holy fire to help with burst,(If Disc a penance can be useful here). Dont burn a CD if only 1 good dps, or 2 mediocre dps are on you, trust your allies to peel for you.If your fighting mostly ranged dps try to LoS them by pillaring this. Some good places to pillar on D are the roof, the side room in FR, or the 2nd Floor of the FR as well as that hall way. Use roots to keep melee off of you if more than 1 on you is a melee, and if you need to fear, try to kite the dps on you over to there heals and fear it too unless you cant reach heals, or dps is ranged.. ( If Holy Chastise can be used to peel 1 dps of of you, or an ally, or to CC a healer). Next thing is to prioritize who you heal my typical order is FC=Me>DPS>Healers, you may find your order different, but in general this has worked well. All thats left is to watch your positioning, and press your heal key, and re-shield your team.

2) The CC strat, best used when your team as enough other healers, spec recommended is Holy or Shadow talent is root or dom mind. Same general rules as playing healer, except your aim is to CC instead of heal, you will mostly be peeling for other healers. When doing this dont focus to much on healing, shielding should be enough to keep most alive, but since your not disc dont keep shields up full time, only shield when some one is taking damage. If some one is dropping fast then you heal them, but thats not your main goal here. Your goal is to keep at least 1 enemy at a time out of the fight. Fear is best used on large groups, and to CC an enemy healer. roots for melee. Chastise at range, or mindflay on melee. dom mind is used to spread your enemies out, by running them away from the fight then releasing, or to keep a healer from healing, ( note never use this on the target getting bursted, because they will become undamageable.) .

3) The offensive srat Use when both heals and peels are covered, but your lacking in dps. Recommended Disc and psi-fiend. This one may seem simple, but be ready to switch to heals if some one is getting bursted, and be sure to shield every one at all times. Dont forget to use your CC as well.

Wow well i think i derailed myself somewhere typing this, but ill post it anyway just because it may help some one.

Funny, last time I checked GY/Mid farming is a legitimate strategy. Getting a druid to cap flags while keeping the enemy team confined to their GY is a respectable tactic, and seems to be second nature for alliance. The whole team gets the best of both worlds too (we've got the right idea now - win rate is skyrocketing).

alliance strategy

http://i.imgur.com/JXIo090.jpg

pretty sure they were all nightelf too...

On a side note, and i think somebody already mentioned this; if you're not going to win a midfight or if you are completely outnumbered and surrounded by hunters your better off cutting your losses and gtfo either past mid or back to gy and wait behind hut for respawn... a dead healer is useless

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread