Hello, new to the forum, Lvl. 80 Sin Rogue, questions

AdamITR

Veteran
Hopefully this post goes through :). Long time player, Mythic in BFA now. Recently was able to recover an old toon, my 80 sin Rogue: Geared in orig. Furious/Wrathful gear. Missing some gems, although having a ton of fun playing. First question, should I stay at 80? or move up to 81, etc. Not sure as I am new. Second, I also have a full PVE set of gear, is that a better option than my PVP gear? My plan is to run RGB's, etc. Ty very much.

Welcome to the forums, friend! I have very limited experience with the current state of any bracket outside of 20-29. However, I can safely recommend you stay at level 80, since your old Grandfathrered gear is no longer attainable and most likely Best in Slot. Post a link to your Armory so people in the bracket can have a look and give you a proper assessment.

Hey, and welcome to the 80 bracket! But like Fat Al Said You should def stay 80 beacus of gfd gear and enchants. The bis gear for pvp is also all about the gem slots these days So i would Asume the pve set. But to give you any good advice an armory Link would be needed.

Greetings Adam, and welcome to the twinking scene.

Unfortunately only a few pieces of gear from wotlk Era content is still considered BIS. Given the recent Stat squish that occurred in the BFA prepatch, your typical full ICC25H tier is no longer BIS (you will be delighted to know set effects have been disabled).

For this reason, it won't be rare to see level 80s using lower level items that share similar stats, or sometimes, better stats and more gem slots.

From levels 59+ the main goal in gearing is having as many gem sockets while not sacrificing too much on your secondary stats.

However. When we are strictly talking about instanced raiding, there is some hidden buff that incentivizes using raid gear. For example taking ICC25H in only level 80 runs, using ilvl 277/284 (using old numbers here just for you to understand) gear will benefit you more damage wise.

Additionally, we have a raid group that runs weekly Herald of the Titan runs on alliance-US :) @jwl

Finally, you can use my armory link to my rogue. I try my best to keep him updated on the current BIS. I usually am mut spec but your gear will still be similar.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/velen/Questions

P.S. kudos if you have helmet enchants. Use those.

First question, should I stay at 80? or move up to 81, etc. Not sure as I am new.

Assuming you have unobtainable Gear, enchants or titles, I'd highly suggest you stay 80 to flaunt them. Otherwise, 85 assassination rogue is an absolute blast & is my personal favorite thing to play in the bracket. Some people prefer 89 for the Engineering helmet/trinkets with overpowered cogwheel gem slots, but that isnt my cup of tea.

Second, I also have a full PVE set of gear, is that a better option than my PVP gear? My plan is to run RGB's, etc. Ty very much.

I am only somewhat credible here, as my idea of "Best-in-slot" gear differs from everyone else on this website. I personally, gear my characters to the highest tier / original BIS pertaining to their corresponding expansion. But to my knowledge, The strongest gear available is from Burning Crusade dungeons - The idea is (like Sponsor mentioned) to obtain as many gem slots as you can without sacrificing too many stats. Hope this helps.

You guys are giving me incentive to renew my main account and play some higher level brackets. Have been stuck in Starter Edition Purgatory for so long...

Users who are viewing this thread