Happy F2P 10th anniversary!

Awesome! Happy Birthday to f2p! I have to say it's only gotten better as each expansion releases, with Shadowlands being the pinnacle of playable content.

Agreed for Shadowlands but not for Warlords of Draenor. Especially for players outside the English realms: battlegrounds were no longer possible at that time.

Fortunately - and I agree with you - Shadowlands brought a lot of new things. I never played a high level character so it was the first time I was playing dungeons and BGs from other expansions such as BC, WotLK, WoD, Legion and BFA. Good memories with my F2P.

This is from the first WPVP event that F2P's held back in 2013 at Zul'Gurub. You can see some of the true OG's from back in the day haha. Shout outs to Sun, Albinocow, Bendandcough, and the other AP people. Time really flies huh

wowscrnshot_072013_173221-jpg.1526

Last edited:
I'll have to dig out all the pictures I have from my F2P rogue I ran from like...2013-2018.

It's definitely been a fun time. I know I only rarely play F2P these days, and rarely WoW at all...and always say I will, then do for like a day, then don't again. But it's a fond memory I'd like to relive.

My two favorite screenshots so far.

First one is when we face the Fel Reaver in Outland. We made at least 5 attempts, none succeeded. But we managed to beat other powerful NPCs from Outland.

2107021239148011.jpg

This one is probably the most iconic - and nostalgic. Taken at the end of 2012, one of my first events organized in game. Was a kid at that time. But it was the F2P golden age and everything from this period was a good memory. Especially this community whose some members are still doing part of the WoW20 community to this day

210702123915853878.jpg

20s were some of my golden years in world of warcraft. After leaving 19s 20-24/29 was a great change. Met some excellent people. One of my most fond memories was beefing with a 29s guild "Twink Trainer" on my server Arygos/Llane... They talked mega smack about 20s we ended up 5v5ing them with Numbernine, Mashd, Ellenhickle, Jab and myself. We beat their asses so bad. That was when I mained rogue @ 20 for a short period.

I dont see many of my old friends on anymore. I became a dad a month or so ago and havent had much time to play. I'd give a lot to be able to jump back into the "good old days" with Taylondor, Ellen, Tence, Nine and Jab. It makes me really happy to see some of the old guard on 20s from time to time. Going through old 20s posts it has been great to recall some of the people I truly enjoyed playing with and against. Hope you've all been well. Even those of you who I clashed with.

I remember when I started playing Starter Edition in the middle of Cataclysm, already finishing the expansion 3 months or so from Mist of Pandaria, an excellent experience especially for those who lived in its heyday, (Quel'Thalas server) I miss those times, that's why I even took the trouble to build the Starter Edition Manifesto, although the bad thing was after WoD, where the progression system was completely destroyed and with that and the forgetfulness by the developers for the balance in the 20-24 bracket that they had created in the first two expansions with Starter Editition, revealed the path of slow death that ended the Starter Edition population and community, I know that most of this XPoFF forum have experiences, poor in terms of large unique communities of Starter Edition players, well it's normal, that is to say; imagine this a Latino server where most of them had 10-17 years without work and without much money, of course, you are going to find a large population, unfortunately this ended up dying in Shadowlands, although it was coming since WoD, a pity it died in the official realms. But there's not much more to announce, the manifesto is there for a reason. Greetings to all F2Pers
775278_DUROTAR 2014_822823537_o.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the second picture playing starter edition, but under the starter edition manifesto
Captura de pantalla de 2021-07-04 16-08-33.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread