The F2P Parkour Challenge thread

Parkour "art of displacement" the aim to move from one place to another negotiating the obstacles in between, challenge your fellow F2P to parkour routes, it can be a lot of fun !

Challenges:

1. Poledancer's Thief's Route [this post]
  2. Atychiphobia's (Hiidden) Parkour Challenge: Meanwhile at the old Park
  3. Atychiphobia's Parkour Challenge #2: Throughout Mage Quarter with the rooftops
  4. Yde's Why is it always raining (Gilneas)
  5. Poledancer's Yde's Gilneas challenge continued
  6. Titanshand's Brawl'gar Arena (Warlock only)
  7. Crystalpall's THE WAY OF THE ELVES
  8. Goesid's Valley of Wisdom

Making a challenge guidelines :

• When challenging people to a parkour route you must provide two screenshots:
    1. The starting point: the first jump or spot that gets you started on the way to the goal must be visible in the screenshot, you don't have to precise where it is though :eek:

2. The goal of the parkour route; you have to be standing at the location that is to be achieved , give tips or additional screenshots if the goal screenshot is really far the from the starting point and gives no idea of where the participants should be heading.

• Must mention if you used anything specific in the route eg. speed potions , mounts etc.

• Give your challenge a title so people can post their goals using it , avoids confusion.

Participant guidelines : Post a screenshot of yourself at the goal with a mention of the challenge title for bragging rights !

note: you can upload screenshots using imgur , very easy to use and gives you forum codes to copy paste directly into your post .
You can post your screenshots inside a spoiler to keep the thread neat:
insert screenshot/text [/spoiler2] (without the 2 and no need to edit your posts for the people who posted before this edit)

Parkour Challenge 1 : Thief's route

hAkv9Mb.jpg

After the setting sun, the gates of thievery open just a crack, leaving all manners of graceful but deadly creatures to roam the rooftops of our beloved Stormwind, explore at your own peril !

Starting point: Stormwind flight path entrance area

pI2dx0m.jpg
First challenge goal : lovers balcony (unavoidable path to the final goal) :eek:

dKTdd0N.jpg
Final challenge goal : Assassins perch :rolleyes:

iBCXNce.jpg
Mount was used

Thief in the night achievement : Post screenshots of the goals during the night . Any bandit looking outfit is an optional cherry on cake and getting mega thumbs up.

Nightmare Assassin infiltrator mode: Do this route on a horde character ! (not sure if its even possible )

Try doing this challenge only using the screenshots provided, but if your finding it tough you can always ask super Mario for help (the video spoiler shows half the route) , good luck and more importantly have fun my smexy friends !

Achievement List :

• Svumpukkel Thief in the night (Bass)
  • Bélaci Thief in the night
  • Brokenbeast Thief in the night
  • Billymáys Thief in the night (date night, cherry on top) !
  • Yseult Thief in the night (pumpkin riding tiger with a cherry on top)!

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoever you are mystery thief , you put smile on my face :eek: (might contain very minor route spoiler for someone only using the screenshots)

P5wpngx.jpg

Leaving for a skiing trip tomarrow but i get home on thursday and ill make u some routes ;)

I have now designed an extremely complex route that leads to the main challenge spot, but without ever crossing over "the lovers balcony".. Or maybe i got totally lost and just derped around untill things worked out - either way, i didnt cross the balcony :>

EDIT; Had to cross it after all.. Darnit, one does not simply outsmart Poledancer :p

Lovers Balcony;
jRiCKPI.jpg

Final goal; (FT. Horde rogue following me around)
GnSwRd8.jpg

Love it , Congrats Svumpukkel Thief in the Night ! ( where the bandit outfit aww )
You should have seen Twisting Nether earlier today it was a bit of domino effect one P2P after another joining in with me (without use of flying mounts) ended up with around seven people following me around .

PS : How long did it approximately take you , any nasty falls *evil grin*, edit it into your last post .

Haha, sounds awesome ;D im on Al'Akir - most empty realn EU..

Yeah, sorry about not looking liek a bandit ;D Took me around 25-30 minutes and i only used the screenshots. I used a totally different route than the one you ran in the video. I'll record a vid later, and show you my route. I didn't have any really frustrating falls, only a couple in the beginning. But awesome challenge mate, more of these in the future plox! ;D

Love it , Congrats Svumpukkel Thief in the Night ! ( where is the bandit outfit aww )
You should have seen Twisting Nether earlier today it was a bit of domino effect one P2P after another joining in with me (without use of flying mounts) ended up with around seven people following me around .

PS : How long did it approximately take you , any nasty falls *evil grin*, edit it into your last post .

I can actually name a couple of f2p's on Twisting Nether that know this route. We were thinking about making the bank's roof our meeting spot.

HxS54st.jpg

And here's a old night time SS i posted a while back. :eek:

Me while waiting for BG's at 4 a.m.

Zrq2oUS.jpg

There's another route around Stormwind. You need a friend with a mammoth mount to start it off. I'll see if I can get SS's on that one.

EDIT:

Pics of me actually doing challenge. =o

6aLXccp.jpg

PM1F1EP.jpg

Was fun ^.^ Took me two tries as I already knew most of the path(Let's find more!)
Bq94gIt.jpg

FNNYslu.jpg

I only came up with a pretty short one. :(

Parkour Challenge 2 : Why is it always raining.

AlB1NRq.jpg

I should have never moved to this city. Everything is drafty. "Prime apartment location! Beautiful view of the Cathedral!" Next time I see the real estate agent I'll mount his severed head on my Christmas tree. Never trust a Gnome. Anyway, can't see the damn church for all the rain but it sure as hell makes itself heard. Every. Hour. And don't get me started on the giant mutant rat infestation. Wolves, yeah right. Those are rats alright and they're overrunning this filthy city.

Starting point: Gilneas, Stoneward Prison roof.

iOrC4bx.jpg

Goal: My balcony.

toSHnRi.jpg

No mount necessary.

Achievement for completion: Danger: Slippery rooftops : Rewards title <the Balanced>!

Bonus achievements:

Shelter from the rain : Get out of the infernal downpour and take a screenshot in the caravan.

Preposterous! : Take a screenshot when it isn't raining. Hah.

Achievement List :

Poledancer the Balanced
Danger: Slippery rooftops - 20 points
Shelter from the rain - 20 points
Preposterous! - 20 points
Goesid the Balanced
Preposterous! - 20 points
Burninice the Balanced
Hot Chocolate Vendor - 20 points​

Alright, so I have a parkour idea myself. Please try to keep harsh judgement, as this is my first parkour idea.

Keep in mind, I am pretty-well sure this is a WARLOCK only course.

Starting Point:

On top of the cylindrical platform in the Brawl'gar Arena.

Goal of Parkour:
Sit atop the throne of Brawl-gar (almost) and gaze out upon your comrades suffering tastefully in the arena.

EXTENDED GOAL:
End up BEHIND the portal into the Brawl'gar arena. That's right, BEHIND it. If people are really struggling with this one I will post some tips.

TIP 1:
Your first jump should end up here.

RULES
NO Swiftness Potion, or any non-class related speed increase buffs.

ACHIEVEMENTS:
I'd Love to Be Seated in That Chair: Sit atop the throne and take your screenshot.
Scrubs Can't Touch Me: Stand behind the Extended Challenge Portal and /dance.

Good luck all! And before you complete reading this, I would like to give a HUGE shoutout to [MENTION=16968]sevenslacks7[/MENTION] as he came up with just about the ENTIRE thing and was essential to making this course.

Thumbs up for the bandit outfit Belaci shame I can't give out anymore likes atm (your only missing night time for the achievement).
________________________________________________________________________________

Parkour Challenge 2 Attempt : Why is it always raining.

Yde I loved this challenge , I very much disliked the worgen starting zone while I gave it a leveling attempt due to all the bugs, never returned, but the little exploration I did on my night elf druid took my breath away , the zone is completely empty of NPC's, the whole city has an abandoned derelict eerie feel to it, it took me solid 45 minutes (used the ingame stopwatch) to get the screenshots.

Caravan Screenshot !

Just to make sure, I fixed up the roof of the caravan to stop the leaks. :eek: Getting into the caravan was tricky , might have to do something with my model size , but doable.
My Final Goal screenshot : Yde's Balcony

Your balcony was on fire Yde, I made a one storey jump into the sewers, oh rats !
CXgdZiz.jpg
Bonus screenshot : Might contain route spoilers.

After crossing enemy territory all the way from WPL I arrive at the gates of this haunted zone.

Finally understood how to get to the backbone of the roof , with the amount of falls that Pole endured mine would have be in a thousand pieces.
YUOQRh1.jpg

This really took me by surprise , my background radio was playing Resident Evil 5 eerie soundtrack and suddenly creepy shadows appeared in what should have been empty houses , didn't quite make the jump :p

PS: Got burnt alive in the Caravan while making this post , don't afk there , its ghostly vengeful owner might strike !
Ooh8HXL.jpg

Don't jump in the water around the main Cathedral , I couldn't get out !

Parkour Challenge 2 Attempt : Why is it always raining.
:eek:

Woah! You earned both Shelter from the rain and Preposterous! for 40 points! :D The ghost of Noxxa got you, I see. Since Noxxa is associated with water and ice, I'm afraid you fixing up the caravan and then daring to occupy it has offended Noxxa enough to cross the borders of the spirit realm!
My Final Goal screenshot : Yde's Balcony

Your balcony was on fire Yde, I made a one storey jump into the sewers, oh rats !
Oh dear, I hope not those overgrown Gilnean rats! D: I hope you survived.

It's okay about the fire, I understand what one does to keep warm in that city.

The apartment burnt out and I managed to collect the insurance money. With the 10 gold I'd saved up and some bribes in goods I managed to purchase a reasonably priced plot land in Orgrimmar! Going to build my own home. It's a bit out of the way but has a great view!

You could come visit the place some time!
(Not really a proper Parkour challenge, but best I could come up with in Org so far. >_<)

D1Lyo4c.jpg

bS5amVh.jpg

jMWuQla.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread