Guild Wars 2 F2P Character List

Guild wars 2 seems to be such a great game! I want to play an engineer/mesmer so badly! So I have a question.Right now i am abroad and going to buy a Guild Wars disc from a local store here in Europe. But eventually i will return to North America and i have a question. It really doesn't matter where i buy the disc, right? EU and US servers are not divided like in WOW?

I decided to throw together some pictures I have taken of Tyria (remember, I play a mac and these were taken on THE WORST graphic settings and reduced to 480p;)). Enjoy!
Guild Wars 2 Montage - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
Guild wars 2 seems to be such a great game! I want to play an engineer/mesmer so badly! So I have a question.Right now i am abroad and going to buy a Guild Wars disc from a local store here in Europe. But eventually i will return to North America and i have a question. It really doesn't matter where i buy the disc, right? EU and US servers are not divided like in WOW?

The support article on guildwars2.com tells us the following:
For customers in the North American and European regions, upon registration our servers will perform a one-time check to ensure your serial code matches the region you are connecting from. Customers in North America must register the North American version of the game; customers in Europe must register the European version of the game; customers in other regions may register either version. When you purchase the game from buy.guildwars2.com, you automatically will receive the correct version of the game.

After successfully completing account registration, your account becomes a global account, and you can roam to any part of the world and still access the game.
Source: Guild Wars 2 Support | Regional Designations FAQ

And coming back on the subject of EU-NA latency experience; I haven't noticed any lag/latency in a week of playing so I think we're cool on that part. I'm quite close to Europe's trans-oceanic hookup point (within 100km from Amsterdam) so results may vary. In additon, I havent played structured PVP (5v5) but WvWvW seems to run just fine.

One tip: buy apple's

Downloading it right now on 10.6.8. I also have it on my windows bootcamp, so I'll be sure to update on how they compare!

You can also copy over the .dat file from your bootcamp so you don't have to download most of it, that's what i've heard:

Location of the .dat file (for people who just want to copy it over from bootcamp):Guild Wars 2.app>Contents>Resources>Transgaming>c_drive>GW2

I'm tempted to download it onto my macbook too, just to see if I could ever get GW2 running :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I need an answer asap, we are still definetly on darkhaven right?

An update -

GW2 actually runs BETTER on my MBP running snow leopard (10.6.8, which is under their specified requirements) than it does working on my mac's bootcamp windows. Had some minor issues that I don't think are unique to my computer, such as the client not recognizing my mouse wheel.

It works and looks great!
You just made me want it even more. Grrrr!!

to confirm, the beta works just fine for me and others on 10.6.8, despite the minimum system requirements...enjoy :p

I can't! :( Local stores don't have it.

GW2 digital edition is still up (at the moment): https://buy.guildwars2.com/en/
I know it's a little bit higher than the local stores advertise it, but most of them are in backorder for weeks right now. I haven't seen any gamestore with GW2 deliveries within 2 weeks. I bit the proverbial bullet (6 euro's?) and I'm glad I did.

Users who are viewing this thread