PTR Gems to consider if the Socketed greens stay through to live.

I believe that pieces with 3 gem slots will trump legion gear ( crafted boes scaled down to level 15) especially slots like belt if we can use the extra gem slot belt buckles, things like that. Artifact weapons are definitely king, and the legion dungeon trinkets are looking solid too. Im overall hyped for vets more so than endgame now, lol.

Level 1-9s dont get access to those pieces. This is the 1-9 subforum just fyi
[doublepost=1602264691,1602264633][/doublepost]
I havent checked to see if the legion boes can scale to 1 or socket etc since like the first week ptr came out haha. I will before prepatch though.

Thatd be BIS along with our epic quest gear if it goes through!

Level 1-9s dont get access to those pieces. This is the 1-9 subforum just fyi
[doublepost=1602264691,1602264633][/doublepost]

Thatd be BIS along with our epic quest gear if it goes through!
100% would be bis, farming the right stats on a boe with speed or leech and have a socket on it will be rough though haha.

Testing on PTR, prepatch is Tuesday, so hoping this stays.

Gonna try to get a socketed one and try the +5 +5 gems
ptrgreen.png

Since some of the BOEs are only having 1 secondary stat, and sometimes they've got 2, this is how much RNG we are dealing with.

RNG to get a green to drop at all.
RNG to for it to be my armor class.
RNG to make it get 2 secondary stats instead of 1.
RNG to make it the 2 secondary stats that you WANT.
RNG to get a socket for gems.
RNG to get tertiary stat like speed, leech, or avoidance.

Y'all ready for the grind?

Since some of the BOEs are only having 1 secondary stat, and sometimes they've got 2, this is how much RNG we are dealing with.

RNG to get a green to drop at all.
RNG to for it to be my armor class.
RNG to make it get 2 secondary stats instead of 1.
RNG to make it the 2 secondary stats that you WANT.
RNG to get a socket for gems.
RNG to get tertiary stat like speed, leech, or avoidance.

Y'all ready for the grind?

And I thought the party sync gear grind for double lacquered carving took forever

I havent checked to see if the legion boes can scale to 1 or socket etc since like the first week ptr came out haha. I will before prepatch though.
The farthest that we confirmed Legion BoE's scaling down to was 84. An entire Guild got banned for doing it, even though it was just using built in Game mechanics. However, we surmised that it was POTENTIALLY possible to get it to scale down to 1, here's how:

• LvL 98+ in Raid (starts the scaling chain)
  • LvL 89 in Raid (max was -9 Levels) to allow items to scale from 98 to 89, looting issue.
  • LvL 80 in Raid
  • LvL 71
  • LvL 62
  • LvL 53
  • LvL 44 > 45+ in Party in SL (starts the scaling chain)
  • LvL 35 > 36 in SL
  • LvL 28 > 27 in SL
  • LvL 19 > 18 in SL [or 19 if farming for 19's]
  • Lvl 10 > 9 in SL
  • LvL 1 ~ 1 in SL

Then you spend HOURS upon HOURS farming random Mobs in Legion Zones until a BoE Epic drops and hope it has everything you want on it like Socket + Tertiary and the correct Secondaries AND that it scales down to the Level you actually are farming for, like LvL 1.

With Legion technically being LvL 45 in SL (Suramar Level) then my guess is in SL you'd start the chain with a 45, needing only 6 Toons of the -9 Level range per. That means for those wanting to try this (and maybe the Legion World Boss Legendaries) you would only need 4 Toons in Party.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the way we THINK it works, is that the 98/45+ MUST tag the Mob, then EACH lower Level Toon must Tag the Mob in sequence to scale the loot table down to the lowest Level in the Raid/Party. The reason none of ever tested it personally is the sheer shitfuckery involved chain tagging each Mob until the lowest Level, then doing it over and over and over again. And you require all those Character Levels exactly as listed above.

The farthest that...

I'm not really following what you're saying. On prepatch PTR, we just went to broken isles via mage port on a level 1 and killed highmountain mobs (some with a level 50, some alone) until a green dropped, and it did, with no level requirement. What's all this other stuff you're talking about?

EDIT: OHHHH! You're talking about the special legion epic boes, like six feathered fan and such. We were talking about generic greens that we were able to go and grab, so I got confused.

Last edited:
I'm not really following what you're saying. On prepatch PTR, we just went to broken isles via mage port on a level 1 and killed highmountain mobs (some with a level 50, some alone) until a green dropped, and it did, with no level requirement. What's all this other stuff you're talking about?

EDIT: OHHHH! You're talking about the special legion epic boes, like six feathered fan and such. We were talking about generic greens that we were able to go and grab, so I got confused.
yea a lot of us when we think about legion BoEs are mind goes to our 101s and shit(rip btw) with the SFF and all that good shit

Correct. In theory they should scale all the way to 1 and would be vastly superior to Greens.

Users who are viewing this thread