EU+US Gearing up at 99

played trial for an hour this morning. Is it normal to check the AH on the 4 major/full US servers and find 0.0000000000 98 or 99 boe's?
Those Realms' AH almost never have 99's. I check as many as a dozen unique AH's daily and it's the odd ball, Low Pop Realms that seem to have them listed with regularity. Granted this could be because on Full Realms 99's sell within minutes.

Those Realms' AH almost never have 99's. I check as many as a dozen unique AH's daily and it's the odd ball, Low Pop Realms that seem to have them listed with regularity. Granted this could be because on Full Realms 99's sell within minutes.

On my realm, I've only found two BoE epics on the AH. 3 if you count the one that I sold (chest piece so it was useless). They did not sell instantly. I was debating for a good while whether or not I should buy the 98 ring that I have (ilvl 740). Someone could have easily scooped it up while I was telling myself I need to wait for the level 99 version, but no one did. I saw it relisted at least once before I finally decided to buy it. It had to have been up for at least 30 something hours.

So on my realm, it doesn't seem like there are a lot of people keeping an eye on the AH. At least not for 98 epics. The boots (99 ilvl 746) I bought as soon as I saw them. So I may have just got lucky with those.

And as for high population realms, it seems like for everyone trying to buy them out there would also be more people posting them. I would think it would even out, but I could be wrong.

Alright, after finally acquiring my first item with Leech on it for my 99 DH (Bracers), I can say that it's not all that valuable point for point vs a Socket with the +75 Gem in it. At 99 Leech is ~60.5 per 1%. Since we can only really use 7 pcs (Chest/Gloves/Belt/Legs are the 800's from the Pillar Quests) that gives us a maximum Leech value of 18-20%. Yes I know some Classes/Specs can utilize 3 more pcs, but most are stuck with 7. I'm also not saying having 18-20% Leech doesn't have any value, but if you have to make a choice between a Socket in a slot vs Leech, I'd go Socket.

I have yet to see a single item available with Socket AND Leech. Not that those items don't exist, it's just that they're as rare as they are for 101's, but even less Players have 99's out there farming the drops up. You should always strive to find those pcs with both Leech and a Socket, but in the short term a Socket will do more for you than Leech will at 99, with the possible exception to WPvP. At full 746 iLvL (with 7 pcs) the difference is 18-20% Leech vs ~6% of w/e Secondary Stat you're spamming. (7) +75 Gems = 525 Stat points. Since our DPS isn't nearly as OP as 101's, that 18-20% Leech also isn't that impressive.

Here's to hoping that the new Legion Invasions coming to Legion Zones in 7.1.5 or 7.2 will have higher than 715 iLvL drops (to replace our WoD Craftables) and maybe those will also be capable of proc'ing Leech/Sockets for even more Gearing options.

Users who are viewing this thread