EU+US Gearing up at 99

Considering how long it takes to get AP at 99 beyond 13 points, wouldn't going straight for ashes to ashes the short way make more sense for instanced PvP? Seems like generating 5 holy power instantly on a 30 sec CD is waaaaay better than anything else. Plus you get unbreakable will on the way, which is great for PvP.

I had thought of doing this myself but found all traits along the (long) way to ashes to ashes of such benefit that I stayed on that path. You could be right, it might be of more benefit to switch somewhere along the way. Whatever you do, get to ashes to ashes as it really boosts your survivability and dps a great deal.

so technically 99s could get world drops with leech?
Yes and no. Nothing in WoD before Tanaan Jungle will proc a Socket or Tertiary with exception to Skyreach Dungeon. The Legion World Epics will drop with Sockets (I have a Cloak with Socket on my 99 DH) and Tertiary (I lost a Bid on a 99 Six-Feather Fan with Leech because I was being cheap and didn't just buy it outright).

one thing I've been wondering (even though I still don't have a computer lol) is the choice of trinkets for an affliction lock/caster in battlegrounds.

1. 550 prideful trinkets for 15% damage reduction (does that still work?)
  2. 746 intellect trinket and 746 agility trinket for max itemlevel
  3. 746 intellect trinket and 715 crafted versa or int trinket

one thing I've been wondering (even though I still don't have a computer lol) is the choice of trinkets for an affliction lock/caster in battlegrounds.

1. 550 prideful trinkets for 15% damage reduction
  2. 746 intellect trinket and 746 agility trinket for max itemlevel
  3. 746 intellect trinket and 715 crafted versa or int trinket
  1. The 15% Player Damage reduction component no longer exists on ANY PvP Trinkets, unless you're lucky and have a bugged pair on your Character still. The Damage reduction wouldn't work in iPvP even if you had it.
  2. For iPvP that should be just fine.
  3. For WPvP/PvE that would be superior to #2, with one exception, the Proc component of the Six-Feather Fan Trinket doesn't seem to care what Class type you are and it still does crap tons of Damage.

Isn't six-feather fan 101 item?
All 101 boe epics can scale down to 98. They just have to be looted at that level, so as a 99, you'll generally have to go out and farm these items yourself as most boe epics are 101 and the 99 ones are rare af to see on the AH.

Isn't six-feather fan 101 item?
What @AlisterCrow said. If you'd like an example look at my 99 DH in Sig, she's wearing the 98 Variant. I've got a 99 on a diff Realm, just waiting on getting a few more pcs before I pay $25 to transfer a LvL 10+ back to her Realm.

I've got a 99 on a diff Realm, just waiting on getting a few more pcs before I pay $25 to transfer a LvL 10+ back to her Realm.
I just scored one today on one of my off-realms that i need to transfer too. Kinda bummed i had to buy a token just to afford the measly 15k i got it for... but very happy it didnt sell in the 3-4 hours that took. :)

I just scored one today on one of my off-realms that i need to transfer too. Kinda bummed i had to buy a token just to afford the measly 15k i got it for... but very happy it didnt sell in the 3-4 hours that took. :)
Indeed, what I'd really like to see Blizz do is merge Regional AH's together. They'd have to do some serious work to prevent those DBags who buy up 1000's of Mats then relist them in singles but it'd sure make what we're all doing right now (Gearing 99's and 101's) considerably easier.

Can this six-feather fan titanforge on 99's? Any info?
No. Level 98 = 740 iLvL and only 740 iLvL. Level 99 = 746 iLvL. From 98-100 the system calls it "Scales with Level" and it's a roughly appropriate iLvL (at Epic) for that Character Level. 101+ it becomes a World Epic 835+ (but can still "Scale with Level" all the way until 110).

No. Level 98 = 740 iLvL and only 740 iLvL. Level 99 = 746 iLvL. From 98-100 the system calls it "Scales with Level" and it's a roughly appropriate iLvL (at Epic) for that Character Level. 101+ it becomes a World Epic 835+ (but can still "Scale with Level" all the way until 110).
So it's definetly a bis for 99. I have ~730ilvl on my DH

What's the max ilvl of a relic gotten at 99? Was thinking of making my boomie a 99 and leveling to 101 at some point if I get bored, so just want to know how much power I would be missing at 101 if I did that.

Users who are viewing this thread