EU+US Gearing up at 99

What's the max ilvl of a relic gotten at 99? Was thinking of making my boomie a 99 and leveling to 101 at some point if I get bored, so just want to know how much power I would be missing at 101 if I did that.
6 vs 10, so 12 vs 20 iLvL (if both Relics proc max iLvL).

is that the most efficient way or the only way?
what about the shoulder enchant that grants bop bloods that can be traded for order resources?
oh and can 99s group with 101s for nel speed runs?
  1. Most efficient maybe, only way no. You can farm mobs until you want to stab Puppies to see color, just like 101's do.
  2. You can place any Legion Shoulder Enchant on a BoA Shoulder then mail it to your 99. I have yet to see the Bloodhunter and Manaseeker work on a 99 though, but I don't farm for hours like many do.
  3. Order Resources are useless to a 99, for now, as we cannot complete Class Order Hall Missions.
  4. 99's can indeed group with 101's to complete NL speed runs but keep in mind most 99's will only do 25-35% of the DPS of a comparably geared 101. Because of this some 101's might consider a 99 to be a leech in those runs.
  5. Rank 13 is easy (just don't respec, ever, like I did on my 99 DH). Past that I'd say 17-18 is reasonable for a 99 over the course of Legion.
To gain AP at 99:
  • Complete EVERYTHING in the 4 Legion Zones that 99's can Quest in.
  • Kill EVERY Rare in the 4 Legion Zones that 99's can Quest in.
  • Spam NL or w/e other of the 4 Legion Dungeons you want to farm AP (we still can't que as random though).
  • Farm Mobs endlessly in w/e spot isn't nerfed into the ground by Blizz.
  • Complete as many TW Dungeons as you can stand as they also give AP for every Boss (35/ea iirc).
  • BG's? (may only effect 110's).
  • Do randoms on your 110's (Tank/Healer) when the Bonus Chest is available for the BoA 100 AP Token.
  • Kill the Dalaran Demons, they sometimes drop the 35 AP Tokens.

thank's mate. 2 questions though.

Complete EVERYTHING in the 4 Legion Zones that 99's can Quest in.
Would it be possible to do the quests twice via a faction change?

Spam NL or w/e other of the 4 Legion Dungeons you want to farm AP (we still can't que as random though).
Farm Mobs endlessly in w/e spot isn't nerfed into the ground by Blizz.
BG's? (may only effect 110's).
how do those things translate into artifact power? does every mob killed or every bg/dungeon completed have a chance to reward an ap token?

Last edited:
thank's mate. 2 questions though.

how do those things translate into artifact power? does every mob killed or every bg/dungeon completed have a chance to reward an ap token?
Not likely but could be worth a try (swapping Factions). Everything in Legion Zones has a chance to drop an AP Token. Kill more = more chances at getting them to drop as they're a fairly low drop rate.

Resources are useless to a 99, for now

I see that the artifact power catch-up coming soon is to offer the first 15 artifact research in bulk to fresh 110 (or anyone who hasnt completed that far), so there goes the hope of larger scale BoA alternatives. =/

how do those things translate into artifact power?

If you're of a mind to farm up your own 99 BoE epics through farming world trash mobs (like the murloc farm used to be) they drop at a decent rate sometimes. I have gotten 700-1000 AP per hour when the murlocs were popular, which is comparable to nelth runs. Not quite as good, but you're farming for gold/epics with a bonus of AP.

There's a blue token for 75 AP and an epic for 100. I'm sure you've seen them... if you've played over 100 at all.

I see that the artifact power catch-up coming soon is to offer the first 15 artifact research in bulk to fresh 110 (or anyone who hasnt completed that far), so there goes the hope of larger scale BoA alternatives. =/
Oh I'm salivating at the thought of a BoA variant or for Blizz to change the 110 requirement to 98, but I doubt either will happen.

There's really only a few hundred AP per zone from quests, if i recall. The rest is in the treasure chests and loot drops. So say you get 500 per zone for 2000 AP - that's 10 tokens from nelth chests. Like 2 hours farming it with medium luck. Hardly spectacular. Even if it's 1000 per zone, it's only 20 tokens.

It would be really sweet to get another crack at epic relic upgrades tho.

Yup.

The world farming is super-fast spawns that you'll kill hundreds and hundreds of in an hour because they have 1/10 the health of the stuff in nelths lair. It's just trying to beat RNG with volume. Sometimes it works.... sometimes not.

I have yet to see the Bloodhunter and Manaseeker work on a 99 though, but I don't farm for hours like many do.

I hope that's not true. I'm running with Bloodhunter on my shoulders. I have yet to see a Bloodhunter's Quarry drop and I've quested through 2 zones so far to get my belt and chest. I don't understand why it wouldn't work though if other shoulder enchants do. I think it's just a lower drop chance since a Bloodhunter's Quarry can contain up to 5 Blood of Sargeras.

1. I have yet to see the Bloodhunter and Manaseeker work on a 99 though, but I don't farm for hours like many do.

Just to confirm, I have a bunch of bloods on my 99 ret using the same trick back when murloc farm was up. Very rare to get it to proc you a blood but it actually does happen. Pretty useless (IMO)to use for vender to make gold vs the other shoulder enchants that supply you more resources in comparison to their drop rate. I'm holding on to them all though in the case that they patch something in to get AP, crafted items or something of that sort.

Just to confirm, I have a bunch of bloods on my 99 ret using the same trick back when murloc farm was up. Very rare to get it to proc you a blood but it actually does happen. Pretty useless (IMO)to use for vender to make gold vs the other shoulder enchants that supply you more resources in comparison to their drop rate. I'm holding on to them all though in the case that they patch something in to get AP, crafted items or something of that sort.

Was farming Kobolds in Highmountain for a bit over the weekend. In all I got about 500 Shal'dori Silk, 2 BoE epics, and 0 Bloodhunter's Quarry. Seems pretty rare indeed as I have yet to see a single one drop. I'm beginning to regret my shoulder enchant choice. I can see them making it a lower drop chance as you can get a lot of different mats from it, but seems way too low. I mean BoE epics are dropping more frequently ffs...

Was farming Kobolds in Highmountain for a bit over the weekend. In all I got about 500 Shal'dori Silk, 2 BoE epics, and 0 Bloodhunter's Quarry. Seems pretty rare indeed as I have yet to see a single one drop. I'm beginning to regret my shoulder enchant choice. I can see them making it a lower drop chance as you can get a lot of different mats from it, but seems way too low. I mean BoE epics are dropping more frequently ffs...
It's rare even at 110, same with Manaseeker. Neither of those 2 drop terribly often. To put it another way, you can get MORE Bloods just from having Skinning Rank 2's while farming skinnable mobs than you can get Bloodhunter to proc a drop. I'm almost beginning to think Butcher (that procs crazy often) is the way to go. You can turn around and make Fishbrul from the meat and sell those as they're BiS Food for 101-110.

It's rare even at 110, same with Manaseeker. Neither of those 2 drop terribly often. To put it another way, you can get MORE Bloods just from having Skinning Rank 2's while farming skinnable mobs than you can get Bloodhunter to proc a drop. I'm almost beginning to think Butcher (that procs crazy often) is the way to go. You can turn around and make Fishbrul from the meat and sell those as they're BiS Food for 101-110.

I hope they change it soon. If they care about balancing the shoulder enchants at all, they should definitely increase the Bloodhunter's Quarry drop chance.

I hope they change it soon. If they care about balancing the shoulder enchants at all, they should definitely increase the Bloodhunter's Quarry drop chance.

you can't really have them increase the drop chance on bloodhunter, bloods are far more valuable than the other shoulder enchant options. (for crafting reasons)

Users who are viewing this thread