EU+US Gear Scaling Index

Ok my list is caught up. I'm good for a while, trying to get F2PDev ready. I'll post a more comprehensive list as I get closer if anyone has the remaining stragglers.

Blizzard said Parry and Dodge are going to Bonus Armor, not sure what that means for gear yet, we'll have to see Friday at launch. I'll have a release of F2PDev before 2015.

You gotta change the stats on looms as they no longer scale to 39 for us unfortunately. I was hoping it was intended for balance but apperantly not.

It seems that many items now scale diff. than before. For example uninsured bracers now scale to 5/5/5, SoS 9/6/6......
So lotta work2do :(

edit: oh and BoA now scale correctly which means less stats than before

It seems that many items now scale diff. than before. For example uninsured bracers now scale to 5/5/5, SoS 9/6/6......

it seems the scaling has changed quite a bit, seems all equip now scales to an equivalent level of 34 :
example: belmonts bracers scale to 5str 5sta 10arm same as sentry bracers, other green also seem to be scaling better than before

this may have some consequences for what is the new bis, i.e. the item that has highest stats on the unscaled level, may have higher stats when scaled up to lvl 34, than the previous bis items.

the scaling is now similar to the scaling of heirlooms, so if I am not mistaken,
+1 stat on gear with low level will scale to higher value than +1 stat on gear with higher lvl,
acred war axe now scales same as cold pick, just dps is slightly better
or band of argas vs silverlaines:
band of argas now scales to +5 str +4 stam, silverlaines seal to +8 str +5 stam and legionnaires band is now 6str 6agi 4sta

I hope this is not a bug and that the changes aren't too drastic

I will post more data later today.

edit2: now I wonder whether items with level higher than 34 will scaled down, can someone check with lucky fishing hat pls?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait so let me get this straight, Do I have to attain the new BiS PvP/PvE set?

Is this a temporary glitch, should f2pers wait it out just incase, to see what happens?

Have blizzard made an official statement saying that they have changed the scaling of some items?

Does this just mean that the scaling of BoA's are the only items getting nerfed a little and nothing else?

Sorry for all the questions I just need to know <3.

You gotta change the stats on looms as they no longer scale to 39 for us unfortunately. I was hoping it was intended for balance but apperantly not.

Sigh... I was worried about this.

Ok thanks, let me see what I can do. I might issue a whole new blank list if it's really bad. Any news about parry and dodge on items, did it go to bonus armor? Or does it give bonus armor? I thought I read that was the plan from Blizzcon this year.

As other guys have mentioned this fix changed scaling for some gear completely, for some it didnt.
Here is a really big hunter/agi scaling set plus some items I had for mog/fun. Not sure about hogger's trousers.

Tumultuous Cloak of the Bandit
5 armor 5 agility 5 stamina 5 crit

Dread Pirate Ring
5 stamina 7 crit 4 hs

Cobrahn's Boots
11 armor 6 agility 9 stamina 6 crit

Naga Battle Gloves
10 armor 9 agility 9 st

Blackened Defias Gloves
10 armor 7 agility 10 st

Blackened Defias Leggings
14 armor 11 agility 11 st

Smelting Pants
14 armor 13 agility 6 stamina6 crit

Belt of the Fang
9 armor 7 agility 10 st

Inscribed Leather Gloves
10 armor 5 agility 8 crit

Drakewing Bands
7 armor 4 st 8 crit

Lasting Feralheart Spaulders
12 armor 7 in 7 stamina 7 crit

Champion Herod's Shoulder
17 armor 7 agility 10 stamina 7 crit

Bow of Ire
30-56 15.36 dps
8 agility 11 stamina 6 crit

Lucky Fishing Hat
9 armor 15 stamina

Weather-Beaten Fishing Hat
8 armor 10 stamina 10 spirit

Flying Tiger Googles
8 armor 9 stamina 9 crit

Scout's Medallion
9 agility 3 stamina

Stained Shadowcraft Spaulders
12 armor 9 agility 6 stamina 5 crit

Glowing Lizardscale Cloak
5 armor 9 agility 3 stamina

Champion's Deathdealer Breastplate
18 armor 7 agility 10 stamina 7 crit

Bands of Serra'kis
7 armor 7 agility 7 stamina

Foreman's Gloves
10 armor 9 agility 9 haste

Vigorous Belt of the Wild
9 armor 6 agility 4 stamina 6 haste

Vigorous Belt of the Bandit
9 armor 6 agility 6 stamina 6 crit

Hogger's Trousers ????
14 armor 11 agility 11 crit

Standard Issue Prisoner Shoes/Feet of the Lynx
11 armor 10 agility 7 stamina

Ring of Precision
8 agility 4 crit

Signet of Argas
6 agility 3 stamina

Swift Hand of Justice
7 haste

Naga Heartpiercer
31-58
17 agility

Charmed Ancient Bone Bow
30-56 15.36 dps
9 agility 9 crit 9 haste

Upgraded Dwarven Hand Cannon
31-58
7 agility 12 crit 5 PVP res

I will try and put some things up in a couple hours, if I can get in a game. A pain to have to redo everything, but I'm personally happy to see the changes for Foreman's and Smelting.

A level 29 item is item level 34. All item levels are 5 above the required level. Wod release has caused all items to scale in 20-29 bgs to item level 34. So almost every item is probably due for an items.

Ok thanks, let me see what I can do. I might issue a whole new blank list if it's really bad. Any news about parry and dodge on items, did it go to bonus armor? Or does it give bonus armor? I thought I read that was the plan from Blizzcon this year.

I suppose its best to just put up the BiS gear/gear with the highest scaling for a specific stat.
No need to the list 2 green leather pants one giving 8stam 8agi, the other 7stam 7agi. Or atlest put inferior ones in different spoilers so that the amount of items doesnt get out of control.

Wait so let me get this straight, Do I have to attain the new BiS PvP/PvE set?

Is this a temporary glitch, should f2pers wait it out just incase, to see what happens?

Have blizzard made an official statement saying that they have changed the scaling of some items?

Does this just mean that the scaling of BoA's are the only items getting nerfed a little and nothing else?

Sorry for all the questions I just need to know <3.

I think some will stay bis or at least close to bis, in general after scaling the differences between the items will be smaller. The biggest changes will be for lower item level blue gear which will now scale higher, such as the smelting pants mentioned in previous post. In addition some of the green gear might become viable. Seems the higher level gear scales similarly as before.

Overall this seems like a good change for f2p's, however it not yet clear whether this was intended or just another bug (there have been so many lately that I wouldn't be surprised at all it the latter was the case).

servers are full so i just put up some of my (mostly) chain gear, i mention also some green gear to show how it compares
edit: updated mutant scale breastplate and added some new weapons that haven't been that popular before but are quite viable now

legionnaire's band: 6str 6agi 3sta
silverlaine's faimily seal: 8str 5sta
band of fould strength: 10str
band of argas: 5str 4sta

deathstalker pauldrons: 6str 9sta 6crit 17arm
quest giver's pauldrons: 7str 7sta 17arm

collarspike bracers: 7str 7sta 10arm
bracers of the most trusted: 3str 7sta 5crit 10arm
sentry bracers: 5str 5sta 10arm
black wolf bracers: 4agi 7stam 4crit 7arm
chitonous bracers: saem as bw bracers above

cold iron pick: 13str 9sta 44-67 15.42dps
acred war axe: 13str 9sta 43-65 15.43dps
haunting blade: 13str 7haste 47-71 15.53dps
kadrak's axe: 11str 11sta 40-61 15.3dps
greatmace of the order: 8str 11sta 8crit 40-61 15.3dps
sin'dorei warblade: 15str 6sta 42-63 15.44 dps

durak's downfall 6str 7sta 5arm

earthbound gridle of strength: 13str 13arm
cobrahan's grasp: 10str 7haste 13arm

skeletal gauntlets: 10str 7sta 14arm

phantom armor: 8str 11sta 8crit 22arm (=pythas' vest)
mutant scale breastplate: 13str 9sta 22arm (I am not aure about this but will check and correct)

kaleckos' gift: 11str 11sta 19arm
dividend leggings: 9str 9sta 9crit 19arm

boots of the hero: 7str 7sta 7crit 15arm
burnished boots: 4str 8sta 15arm
outrunner's slippers of the bear: 6str 6sta 15arm
treads of the true plan: +5 +8 15arm
flying tiger goggles: 9sta 9crit 8arm

scouts medallion: 9agi 3sta

rune of duty: 5stam

A level 29 item is item level 34. All item levels are 5 above the required level. Wod release has caused all items to scale in 20-29 bgs to item level 34. So almost every item is probably due for an items.

Thanks man, good info.

I suppose its best to just put up the BiS gear/gear with the highest scaling for a specific stat.
No need to the list 2 green leather pants one giving 8stam 8agi, the other 7stam 7agi. Or atlest put inferior ones in different spoilers so that the amount of items doesnt get out of control.

I thought a lot about this. Ultimately this is for F2PDev. I want people to be able to equip what they have. I don't make calls on BiS (for this program). A lot of times yea it's pretty obvious when one item scales so much less then the other, like you said. But I'd rather present as much information as possible and let them build to what they have. Who knows, maybe crazy RNG has caused them to have that inferior green item that's a lot harder to get then the superior blue.

But for this thread maybe I can highlight the normal BiS stuff or something, so you don't have to scroll for hours ;)

So at this point it's safe to say this all needs to be redone. It's unfortunate, I know a lot of you worked hard to contribute and thank you for that. I myself have put in probably 8 tedious hours updating my spreadsheet for F2PDev.

Some items might be the same, the majority won't. We have no way of knowing without doing each one. I'll generate a new list tonight, all red texted. Any further post on here I will add as green/updated.

Users who are viewing this thread