EU+US Gear Scaling Index

So funny now that shadowfang is now legit BIS for dmg purposes (11 ilvls of scaling)

Strike of the hydra (9 ilvls of scaling) will now be competitive with bar and the armour debuff significant.

Also your going to see P2P's using vibroblade (5 ilvls of scaling) and reducing your armour to zero.

Wow, in figuring things up I think I have to agree with Albino. This is a big nerf for us. We will get some new BiS gear for sure (Fang Gear, DM gear, Argas rings are weak, LFH weaker, etc.), but the big nerf comes with the BoA changes. The few that have been put up in here are much lower than they were. Bummer.

Edit: unless 29s BoAs suffered the same nerf. I really don't know what their BoAs did before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, in figuring things up I think I have to agree with Albino. This is a big nerf for us. We will get some new BiS gear for sure (Fang Gear, DM gear, Argas rings are weak, LFH weaker, etc.), but the big nerf comes with the BoA changes. The few that have been put up in here are much lower than they were. Bummer.

Edit: unless 29s BoAs suffered the same nerf. I really don't know what their BoAs did before.

Our BoAs use to scale to lvl 39, and players at 29 didnt have any BoA scaling, also, some items available at 20 scaled to greater stats than some of the bis 29 items, all of these things made f2p vs 29s combat relatively balanced. But now they have same stats on BoAs as we do, and also have an increased amount of options to improve their gear further now that they benefit from scaling as much as we do. So now were back to the unfair games Were use to, just like god intended it to be!

Oops did i say god? I meant blizzard. :)

Except the game changing abilities. But yeah things are looking really good for the future of the bracket.

U kinda took what i Said out of context, if that was to make a point then ok, but just to clearify, i was talking about scaling and not level differences in general.

Our BoAs use to scale to lvl 39, and players at 29 didnt have any BoA scaling, also, some items available at 20 scaled to greater stats than some of the bis 29 items, all of these things made f2p vs 29s combat relatively balanced. But now they have same stats on BoAs as we do, and also have an increased amount of options to improve their gear further now that they benefit from scaling as much as we do. So now were back to the unfair games Were use to, just like god intended it to be!

Thanks for clearing that up. That's what I kind of figured. I just wasn't 100% sure if 29s' BoAs had any type of buggy scaling before like ours did. So yes, this is very bad for us, and as you say likely what they intended all along.

For anyone else who is bored and wondering what the BoA nerf/fix sort of looks like for an agility class, (enhancement shaman in this case) here are the total number changes for mail shoulder, chest, weapons (McGowans) BoAs.

-9 stamina
-7 agility
-7 crit
-2 haste
-13 top end damage
-3.48 dps
- armor as well (forgot to do armor)

On a side note, depending how the scaling ends up, 3 piece Fang gear might be pretty desirable especially using gloves, waist, and legs. Again, depends on what the scaling turns out to be for a couple of pieces.

I hope everyone will be able to appreciate the irony, if it turns out that the BoA tab is released just after the BoAs are made no longer BIS.

So that now means that the advantage 20s had over 29s ( with BoAs) is no obselete, The gap between f2p and p2p just widened with these changes, obviously more fair in exp-on bgs, but in this bracket its not. I havn't played yet, but u shouldnt notice a damage in ur dmg / healing, u will notice 29s doing more dmg and healing tho.
Just putting this out there, 29s gear scale aswell, green or blue whatever, it all scales, and it scales the same as for us, meaning level no longer effects scaling, the ilvl on the item itself effect how much it scales. 29s are now better in every single way possible. gg blizz. /qq

Can you read, guys? All gear is now 34 ilvl, so even 10ilvl ring will scale to something good in BG, while high ilvl gear (which 29 p2p's have now) will not scale at all or scale only a little, since it's already close to 34 ilvl. This lowers gear gap a lot, for example rifle eyepatch = leather BOA in terms of stats, because both are 34 ilvl and BOA=blue quality; 3 agi ring is now 7 agi while argas 6 agi/ 3 sta. There are a fucking lots of options for us to gear.

Can you read, guys? All gear is now 34 ilvl, so even 10ilvl ring will scale to something good in BG, while high ilvl gear (which 29 p2p's have now) will not scale at all or scale only a little, since it's already close to 34 ilvl. This lowers gear gap a lot, for example rifle eyepatch = leather BOA in terms of stats, because both are 34 ilvl and BOA=blue quality; 3 agi ring is now 7 agi while argas 6 agi/ 3 sta. There are a fucking lots of options for us to gear.

This doesent lower the gap at all, for some slots, and for certain stats, 20s had a few greens and blues that scaled better than lvl 29 items, THAT lowerd the gap slightly but now 29s can take advantadge of items with good scaling aswell. Please tell me why you think this lowers the gap, im curious.

This doesent lower the gap at all, for some slots, and for certain stats, 20s had a few greens and blues that scaled better than lvl 29 items, THAT lowerd the gap slightly but now 29s can take advantadge of items with good scaling aswell. Please tell me why you think this lowers the gap, im curious.
1) We didnt have any gear which was significally better than 29 gear.
2) We had less options to gear, for example you want to do glasscannon arms warrior and jenny gloves is the best you can get, but their ilvl is too low, now they're almost on par with thorbias.
3) BOAs were 39 (or 44?) ilvl before and P2Ps have two more BOAs, now we have same gear for head and legs.
On average f2p ilvl prior to fix was lower than p2p ilvl, now they're almost the same (some p2p's have items up to 41 ilvl).

New set of shit. Fang set covered.
As for my observations blue > green items after scaling always (if they have same stats and stat distribution of course).
For example green gloves of fuckknowswhat were 4 ag 4 st before scaling and went to 8/8 with 34 ilvl, naga battle gloves went to 9/9 with 34 ilvl. Same idea with weapons, you can check green ranged weapons in my list and their DPS is ~20% less than blue/BOA weapons.
I suggest to first check all blue items and only then green.
I didnt have chance to test, but pretty sure that stats on randstat gear behave the same way, i.e. 4int 4st>6int 6st and 4ag 4st>6ag 6st or any other two stats.
Bandit Gloves of the Eagle
10 ar 6 int 6 stamina

Bandit Bracers of Stamina
7 armor 7 stamina

Bandit Boots of Spirit
11 armor 10 spirit

Bandit Cinch of Intellect
9 armor 10 int

Bandit Bracers of the Monkey
7 armor 4 agility 4 stamina

Stable Boots
11 armor 10 stamina

Belt of the Fang
9 armor 7 agility 10 stamina

Leggings of the Fang
14 armor 11 agility 11 stamina

Footpads of the Fang
11 armor 9 agility 9 stamina

Armor of the Fang
16 armor 13 agility 9 stamina

Gloves of the Fang (credit to Mihej)
19 armor 10 agility 7 stamina

set bonuses are the same

Serpent's Shoulders
12 armor 10 agility 7 stamina

Bard's Trousers of the Monkey
14 armor 8 agility 8 stamina

Inscribed Leather Boots
11 armor 5 agility 8 stamina

Agile Boots
11 armor 10 agility

Tail Spike
15-28 11.94 dps
5 agility 5 crit

Defender Cloak of the Tiger
5 armor 4 agility 4 crit

Cutthroat Band
7 agility

Scouting Boots of the Monkey
11 armor 6 agility 6 stamina

Irregular Belt
9 armor 5 int 5 stamina 5 crit

Rigid belt of the Monkey
9 armor 6 agility 6 stamina

Bristebark Boots
11 armor 8 agility 5 stamina

Bristlebark Belt
9 armor 7 agility 7 stamina

Bristlebark Gloves
10 armor 7 agility 10 stamina

Bristlebark Bindings
7 armor 5 agility 5 stamina

Wolf Bracers
7 armor 6 agility 3 stamina

Advanced Night Web Crossbow
24-45 12.32 dps
13 agility

Sputtervalve Gun
24-45 12.32 dps
10 agility 7 stamina

Stonifying Gun
24-45 12.32 dps
9 agility 9 stamina

1) We didnt have any gear which was significally better than 29 gear.
2) We had less options to gear, for example you want to do glasscannon arms warrior and jenny gloves is the best you can get, but their ilvl is too low, now they're almost on par with thorbias.
3) BOAs were 39 (or 44?) ilvl before and P2Ps have two more BOAs, now we have same gear for head and legs.
On average f2p ilvl prior to fix was lower than p2p ilvl, now they're almost the same (some p2p's have items up to 41 ilvl).

In regards to #1 , the gear that we had that was better were BoAs. As you say, ours were player level 39 (ilvl 44). The 29s' BoAs were player level 29 (ilvl 34). If this is true, then we lost this advantage.

As you say, we are getting many new options that can become BiS, however; I am guessing we won't quite make up the loss from the BoAs being less now. The big one with the BoAs being weapons. I haven't seen a weapon that is even close with damage and stats to what I had before. Now it is possible when it's all said and done that some other pieces could maybe make up the stat gap from the BoA stat loss, but I really doubt it.

Thanks for posting all the new stuff! I appreciate it!

To help explain, some people don't understand how crazy scaling is. Us 20s have an advantage if you find the right pieces. Here's an example for stamina on 550 ilvl prideful bracers vs lvl 18 required item lvl 23 wrangler bracers of stamina. The wrangler give 26 more stamina.

View attachment 4938 View attachment 4939

Im enjoying the theory crafting of this patch so far including the challenge against 28s & 29s.

I hope this clears up any confusion so more people understand the potential of lvl level gear at item lvl 35

Attachments

• 590  scaling.png
    590 scaling.png
    100.9 KB · Views: 130
  • low lvl 590 scaling.png
    low lvl 590 scaling.png
    56.8 KB · Views: 124
To help explain, some people don't understand how crazy scaling is. Us 20s have an advantage if you find the right pieces. Here's an example for stamina on 550 ilvl prideful bracers vs lvl 18 required item lvl 23 wrangler bracers of stamina. The wrangler give 26 more stamina.

View attachment 4938 View attachment 4939

Im enjoying the theory crafting of this patch so far including the challenge against 28s & 29s.

I hope this clears up any confusion so more people understand the potential of lvl level gear at item lvl 35

I see the potential, and I don't want to get too make up my mind until lots of gear options are investigated. Things are still good and all. I'm just doubtful that we can recoup the stat and damage loss from the BoAs being lowered to where they should be, with new and creative gearing options. Anxious to get started investigating options though.

i been playing since Wod release and I'm doing just fine on my 20. Im confident in a lot of 20s skill play they can overcome the 29 abilities/gylphs and gear. Isn't part of the challenge of why we play. I don't want balance. When things are balanced not as much fun. IMO

I was playing a level 11 monk in the 10-19s bracket. I got disconnected by my router so I couldn't get screenshots, but my +1 gear was giving between +5 and +7... and that's just at 19s. This could end up being -very- interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread