Fury Warrior Assistance

I'm going to be in the minority here and say crit is lyfe even with the nerf. Sure haste you will see bigger numbers on the end of BG charts, but at the end of the day crit is more practical for finishing those pesky healers/hunts off before they escape you and charge is on CD. Maybe that practicality is more evident in pugging because not everyone is going to have the sense to focus/target priority and I primarily pug on my warrs so I may be bias. But I find quality of life a lot better with crit.

Meh, with the new trinkets I have a crit build at 40%. The problem I see with it is this... versatility is just better. you can get up to 30% (or more - I would personally not go past 30). At 30% Versatility you are just hammering on anybody regardless; PLUS you live a lot longer and your self healing is nuts.

Even with 40% crit you are not guaranteed to get crits and when you do they are just ok. Maybe in Arena where you are just trying to down one healer instantly, but for running around in a full BG, versatility just seems better, IMO.

But, I will agree it is fun, because there are just thoes magical attacks where you get 6 crits in a row and even a full twink priest/resto just DIES and does not even have time to Fear/Wolf... but those are rare.

The other MAIN thing about Fury is this: Any build is good when the other team is trash or you have dedicated heals.... that throws a lot of people for a loop when they get into an even BG and their build is trash and they cant do anything. But, it takes those losses to wake people up.

You can stack strength and Crit all you want, but when you run into a Warrior that stacked Versatility he will just cut your face off and you will have to either admit what happened or blame something else that is irrelevant.

Last edited:
Meh, with the new trinkets I have a crit build at 40%. The problem I see with it is this... versatility is just better. you can get up to 30% (or more - I would personally not go past 30). At 30% Versatility you are just hammering on anybody regardless; PLUS you live a lot longer and your self healing is nuts.

Even with 40% crit you are not guaranteed to get crits and when you do they are just ok. Maybe in Arena where you are just trying to down one healer instantly, but for running around in a full BG, versatility just seems better, IMO.

But, I will agree it is fun, because there are just thoes magical attacks where you get 6 crits in a row and even a full twink priest/resto just DIES and does not even have time to Fear/Wolf... but those are rare.

The other MAIN thing about Fury is this: Any build is good when the other team is trash or you have dedicated heals.... that throws a lot of people for a loop when they get into an even BG and their build is trash and they cant do anything. But, it takes those losses to wake people up.

You can stack strength and Crit all you want, but when you run into a Warrior that stacked Versatility he will just cut your face off and you will have to either admit what happened or blame something else that is irrelevant.

Did you choose not to go with a full Haste build? I recently made a warrior that I'm still gearing - and I'm going full haste myself. Having a lot of fun with it as of now, sitting at around 21% haste. Got any more insight on this?

Did you choose not to go with a full Haste build? I recently made a warrior that I'm still gearing - and I'm going full haste myself. Having a lot of fun with it as of now, sitting at around 21% haste. Got any more insight on this?

I still play it as my primary, I was just commenting on Versatility being all around better than Crit or stacking strength (which is bad, since you have crusader).

You should be able to get Haste to 30% plus.
Burnished Helm of Might * Head
Strengthened Stockade Pauldrons Shoulders
Hook Charm Necklace from Black Fathom
Wolfmaster Cape from Shadowfang
Burnished Breastplate of Might Chest
"of the Aurora" Wrists from BG Crates
"of the Aurora" Stalwart Gauntlets from Dungeon Satchels
Cast Iron Waistplate Stockade
Burnished Legplates of Might legs
"of the Aurora" Boots from BG Crates
Silverlaine's Family Seal ring from Shadowfang
Signet of the Hidden Door ring from Scarlet Monestary
Swift Hand of Justice trinket
Swift Hand of Justice Trinket
Reforged Truesilver Champion Sword
Reforged Truesilver Champion Sword

30% Haste (enchant as needed) - this is the only build I was ever able to break 120K dps on, without a dedicated pocket healer or using the cheaty BFA items. Yes, the game was long and there was plenty of potions popped for the record.

Last edited:

I thought the topic was about haste, and I just shared what stat I have had positive experience stacking.
Verse is pretty much “bis” secondary stat for every class; to a certain extent playstyle and preference becomes a factor.
RNGeesus is kinder to some than others.

ALSO

You can’t say “my crits won’t hit for anything”
AND
That STR stacking “doesn’t matter because of crusader” in the same statement.
STR provides more DPS than verse, and verse’s damage mitigation will not provide as much value as the additional offensive power from STR.
If anything the Verse argument would be more viable in relation to weap swaps for scaling with Ele force proc.
Warr vs Warr is going to be a dice roll; whoever’s crusader procs first/most wins. I believe this would be the case regardless of what stat was stacked.
Cute post tho.
[doublepost=1537858672,1537858363][/doublepost]If Verse affects Crusaders heal than it is def BIS secondary for pugging/solo play.

I tried various gear sets all focussing on one stat and to me it feels that bgs work better whenni use a more balanced set with a focus on vers

I play dranei for the racial heal wich increases with vers sam goes for my neck heal and my self healing abilities like victory rush for example
There are more good things about vers but this is most important for me now i survive till i get another victory rush and that way i can keep going

I did not say it was not about haste, I posted the entire haste gear set as well. I just said that crit is the worst out of the 4 options, Haste/Versatility/Hybrid/Crit. I have not seen you play, but I already know that your best games with FULL CRIT are around 60k total damage, 5k in self heals, and maybe 25+ kills (outside of the magical 1 game you had that one time)... because that's just what they are on average for everybody else that stacks it.

Even if you stack strength as much as you possible can on a warrior, you can get it to what? 200... there are no super items for Strength like there are for Agility/Intelligence in the game. So you can give up 30% versatility for 40 more points of strength? That is just incorrect, math wise or common sense wise. If you could stack strength to 285 like some of the intelligence users can their main stat... sure do it... but you CAN NOT do that with a warrior... so the attempt is half-assed.

There is also this, next time crusader is up take a look at the actual damage increase you do... its not 2 times normal... its more like 9% more from each +100 strength. WoW scales the damage way back from strength over 200. So even with +200 strength you are only hitting targets for about 16% more damage than you normally are. At least that's what I see.

Since most people do have versatility as a secondary stat as well... stacking strength to get it to a measly 200 at the cost of everything else also nets you very little... as you have no versatility and they get a 20%+ reduction... you lose your damage and you lose any extra healing. It just makes no sense.

From above:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/caelestrasz/Ricksson

that is a true hybrid build, you picked random things that are all good and put them on. It works just fine. It;s not BiS, because i don't think there is true BiS for any warrior, its not like a Rogue where I can just say "dude that is bad". Warrior is in the best pure customization slot of any class at the 29s. That is why I personally love it, I can have a new equally good game, each time, wearing totally different gear.

Well, I made my warrior into a pure haste build after reading this thread. I switch into x2 weapons with elemental force after I get procs. I shred through everyone except disc priests and Mistweaver monks.

Get your weapon swap macro down for Crusader Reforged champions into Elemental force ones... then its a real treat.

I utilise the equipment manager, as I couldn't nail down the correct macro for weapon swapping with identical weapon pairs. I've assigned the different weapon sets to hotkeys though. Isn't that just as good as a macro?

The best is probably to make equipment sets and then macro them with `/equipset setname`. You can use modifiers like shift to add them to your current bars. For example, make a macro to put on '1' that bloodthirsts, and if you hold shift, it equips your ele force set and then tries to bloodthirst (which won't happen if you switch sets and trigger the GCD, but will happen if you're already in your ele force set).
[doublepost=1537899988,1537899833][/doublepost]
Code:
#showtooltip Bloodthirst
/equipset [mod:shift] EleForceSet
/cast Bloodthirst

Users who are viewing this thread