Fury Warrior Assistance

Rockastansky

Veteran
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/bleeding-hollow/Deltaforce

1) I'm pretty much sold on HASTE being the best option for Fury hands down. I've tried Strength stacking, Versatility stacking, and Critical Strike stacking, and Hybrid all just come up short and I usually find myself way ahead of another fury warrior in direct comparison barring excessive pocket heals/etc. (excluding anybody abusing the 3 BFA easy mode items - I like twinking, but those are just unfair).

2) Looking for advice on MORE HASTE, if anybody knows any direct upgrades I could find I would appreciate it. I do know that "Of The Impatient" HASTE only gear can drop from BG crates, but its really 1 in a million chance for those to drop, so I won't hold my breath.

3) I do not know if it is worth losing +10 Strength for Wrist and Hand enchants to swap to Haste. It might be tho simply because CRUSADER and ELEMENTAL FORCE are such an overwhelming percentage of total BG damage compared to strength.

3) I do use a weapon swap macro for when CRUSADER proc is up into ELEMENTAL FORCE weapons. I will say that usually ads 10K+ damage easily per BG (If anybody is wondering). It is annoying to keep track of it, but with 30% haste the swapping is barely noticeable.

Any advice would be helpful, trying to min/max this guy out as much as possible! Thanks!

Haste/crit is pretty nuts. For puggers it's probably BiS. Usually they can't react fast enough to stop you. There's no focus, no cc, you just run through stomping everything. War machine procs non stop. If you get a premade on the other side I think haste/vers would be best.

You can put haste chant on wrist and gloves, that's what I see so far. Mark of Warsong on weps if you want to swap? I still like the BoA neck and +health increase trinket for emergency situations.

https://www.wowhead.com/item=4706/lambent-scale-cloak&bonus=3834 might be an option. I think it drops at ilvl 34 with 8 str and 4 haste. Might only be useful for a more glass cannon or pocket healer set, but something to keep an eye out for on the AH.

Like you said, lots of slots can be replaced with BG crate options. I think most important would be the mainhand weapon, as some damage scaling is going to come from there. Eventually chest/bracers/boots/legs too. Rings and neck I'm not a huge fan of the loss of str, dunno what options there are at 29 though. Guessing BG crate ring with pure haste. Maybe dungeon satchel ring with aurora/fireflash?

I tried mark of the Warsong, the proc is just not good... i mean its super cool when it goes off, but overall you just do considerably less damage over the course of a BG. Even with a weapon swap.

I just don't know if caring about strength really matters (outside of just abandoning it I mean). I mean for Agility/Intelligence users you can get your numbers up to like 250+... you just cant do that for strength simply do to a lack of items with SUPER strength anymore, and even then, crusader procs only nets you +16% damage when they are BOTH up versus other 29 targets, so strength is not really even that impressive. Now if you had a over time attack like REND... maybe then you would want more strength for big ass numbers... but, you don't.

Crusader procs for 100str...with duel crusaders you're looking at going from ~170 -> 370. Thats more than 16% damage...

Granted, it overshadows just getting straight str on gear too - so you could argue that str is actually not a high priority at all and go full haste (enchants, etc) - but that means you're useless without a proc.

For example you could get https://www.wowhead.com/item=62343/greater-inscription-of-charged-lodestone to sacrifice some str for haste. Likewise I bet you'll have an easier time finding cloth/leather/mail pants with haste rather than plate options. So not sure where to draw the line there.

Side note, maybe consider https://www.wowhead.com/item=20210/defilers-plate-greaves and then you can switch your boot enchant to be pure haste. Dunno how that enchant scales, so it might be a slight upgrade to haste.

Now if you had a over time attack like REND... maybe then you would want more strength for big ass numbers... but, you don't.

Also, why would rend mean you want more str any more than any other move?

And yeah, try out fresh meat over war machine. More enrage means more time in super-speed mode and more bloodthirst heals. Also pretty sure war machine doesn't stack with your boot enchant.

Crusader procs for 100str...with duel crusaders you're looking at going from ~170 -> 370. Thats more than 16% damage...

Granted, it overshadows just getting straight str on gear too - so you could argue that str is actually not a high priority at all and go full haste (enchants, etc) - but that means you're useless without a proc.

For example you could get https://www.wowhead.com/item=62343/greater-inscription-of-charged-lodestone to sacrifice some str for haste. Likewise I bet you'll have an easier time finding cloth/leather/mail pants with haste rather than plate options. So not sure where to draw the line there.

Side note, maybe consider https://www.wowhead.com/item=20210/defilers-plate-greaves and then you can switch your boot enchant to be pure haste. Dunno how that enchant scales, so it might be a slight upgrade to haste.

If you look at what the strength bonus is it tells you flat out "versus current target 8.22% (or close) increase". I'm certain its also correct, because if you actually had 350+ strength at its full %value at all times you would be 3 shotting people... which no Fury does without the cheaty Trogg Hammer. But, 8.22 increase is not really as good as Elemental Force Procs... or they are very close. So thats why I weapon swap, at 30% haste its almost instant and you get the benefit of crusader and elemental force.

I'm probably over defending Haste, but it's just what makes fury fun for me I guess :D. I was mainly wondering if there were any hidden items I did not know about like the neck/rings that give +10 haste.

Last edited:
Id try checking the ilvl120 chant for weapons, believe its call gale force striking says it increases attack speed by 15%?

Id try checking the ilvl120 chant for weapons, believe its call gale force striking says it increases attack speed by 15%?

Gale force is unfortunately not that useful since its attack speed rather than haste. Enrage works multiplicatively with haste. And several skills get lower cooldowns with haste. The quick navigation might be an option, but I'm guessing it isn't as good as crusader.

If you look at what the strength bonus is it tells you flat out "versus current target 8.22% (or close) increase". I'm certain its also correct, because if you actually had 350+ strength at its full %value at all times you would be 3 shotting people... which no Fury does without the cheaty Trogg Hammer. But, 8.22 increase is not really as good as Elemental Force Procs... or they are very close. So thats why I weapon swap, at 30% haste its almost instant and you get the benefit of crusader and elemental force.

I'm probably over defending Haste, but it's just what makes fury fun for me I guess :D. I was mainly wondering if there were any hidden items I did not know about like the neck/rings that give +10 haste.

Don't get me wrong, I like haste as well. But you should really double check that crusader proc. If you don't already have it, get dejacharstats as it'll help you see a bunch more information on your char sheet. But equip saders and start killing a target dummy and watch your str. Not sure where you're getting 8.22% increase from.

War Machine is broken and procs across the battlefield when you haven't even hit the target, so GG
Fresh Meat is nice, but it's 1% more healing, not a ton
[doublepost=1537493516,1537493448][/doublepost]I'd go pure secondaries as much as possible and get your strength from double sader. The heals alone from that chant make it too good to pass up. Just keep hitting.

Last edited:
While were at it, what could my warrior use? Do i just have to wait for the right BG crates to drop me gear?

I normally have 2 of the combatant's claymores on

War Machine is broken and procs across the battlefield when you haven't even hit the target, so GG
Fresh Meat is nice, but it's 1% more healing, not a ton
[doublepost=1537493516,1537493448][/doublepost]I'd go pure secondaries as much as possible and get your strength from double sader. The heals alone from that chant make it too good to pass up. Just keep hitting.

The reason you take fresh meat is for the enrage procs - the healing is bonus is just nice. Enrage stacks multiplicatively with haste. Its really sweet. The key is to be enraged as much as possible, which means stupid amounts of haste and fast attacks and lower cooldowns and more crusader procs.

While were at it, what could my warrior use? Do i just have to wait for the right BG crates to drop me gear?

I normally have 2 of the combatant's claymores on

For Hybrid > it does not matter just get the best blues you can find

For Full Versatility if that is the direction you want, just go to Wowhead and stack all the super versatility rings/chest/shoulders/whatever you can find... it does not matter... because with that build you are hoping for double crusader procs and just hammering somebody in the face. I think you can get to 43% versatility currently? Don't worry about strength, because you get that form Crusader... and 43% added to crusader procs = you killed somebody. I mean don't give up the +11 dungeon versatility rings for +6 strength and +6 versatility from a blue crate ring... that is just incorrect... it would be different if crusader was not what it is.

I have a build that I have 40% on, pretty fun, it just seems slow as **** after you play with 30% haste tho... just a mental thing. I do have several slots filled with "of the adaptable" gear tho... like pants with +12 versatility... you will need those to min/max.

Last edited:
Not gonna lie hopped on my 24 furry after its been sitting for a while, tested all of those mentioned above and yeah straight haste is deffinitly better that gale force! Should of tested before running my mouth! :p

Ive been swapping between duel crusader and a hurricane proc also with haste stacking been working fairly well. With so much haste hurricane procs quick swapping to crusader for strngth. Around 44% haste when proc

At the end of the day really all that matters with top DPS is if you have a pocket healer (you just don't have the longevity with any Fury build like a Survival hunter/Resto Shaman does dancing around 1 buttoning Serpent/Flame Shock).

So get a healer or just B-TAG any ones you see... you will like Fury a whole lot more.

i was testing a few life stealing enchants with my fury a few weeks ago yea crusader is pretty good
at lower levels. at a higher level mending did more healing but proc rate sucked. lifeward only healed for around 70-124
but it procs a shit ton like 4 or 5 times before 1 mending lol.
right now using 2 coastal surges on 114 fury, its up about every 15-30 sec doing 300-500 heals.

even using coastal on my 29 druid because thats my downfall is mana. so if im 1 vs 3 i can cast 1 renew
and coastal gonna heal me for 10 more seconds hehh. it even procs off a few damage spells.

I'm going to be in the minority here and say crit is lyfe even with the nerf. Sure haste you will see bigger numbers on the end of BG charts, but at the end of the day crit is more practical for finishing those pesky healers/hunts off before they escape you and charge is on CD. Maybe that practicality is more evident in pugging because not everyone is going to have the sense to focus/target priority and I primarily pug on my warrs so I may be bias. But I find quality of life a lot better with crit.

Users who are viewing this thread